General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Old 03-22-2018, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Congrat's on getting one batch of GPU's!

On the domestic thing...I've owned Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Oldsmobile, Chevrolet, Ford, Lincoln, VW, and Dodge. Add Lexus and Kia if you include my Dad.

None of them were perfect. Worst vehicles we've owned were a 1999 Jetta tdi, a 1994 Dodge Intrepid, and a 1996 Taurus. The rest of them have all been pretty good and most were owned to over 100k miles.

Between my Dad and I, we've put the most miles on Fords with 4 of them going over 200k before being traded in while still in good running condition. Kia was close to 200k at trade in and was fine also. Same with the Oldsmobile.

In short, I don't shop brands so much as I shop vehicles. Seems you can get a lemon with any of them, but chances are any of them will treat you well if you treat them well.

Last edited by GAFIT; 03-22-2018 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
I suppose thats true. I mean my Great Grandfather owned an Oldsmobile Dealership for 67 years in Iowa. In fact a few years ago my dad and I almost bought a pristine 65 Oldsmobile Cutlass with his dealer emblem and license frame still intact. Ultimately we didn't buy it and I wish we would've saved pictures of it.

We all just get set in our ways a little bit and dont want to branch out haha. I mean 10 years ago I never would've considered a Kia or Hyundai...but I'd say they are high on my list.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:45 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Still hard pressed to buy domestic...

On a positive note, my 2nd shipment of GPU's arrived safe and sound. Still not sure whats going on with the 1st batch though. Got a claim open thru Fedex and nVidia.

Supposed to rain today...drove the miata...hooray...no top down for me today.

Happy Thursday!
yah i’ve never bought a domestic but considering how well the thing drove i could consider getting something similar. i mean i took a big risk with VW i’m okay with trying something different.

sounds good on the GPUz!!!

Old 03-22-2018, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
wife said the roof guys dropped a bunch of dust on my GTI so need to wash it when i get home.

wtf mang.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
ubering home.. this car don’t smell. lol

Old 03-22-2018, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got home washed my GTI. the dust from the roofing wasnt so bad. i thought they cut the shingles and stuff again dropping bits of tar and asphalt or watever that black shitt is, but this time it was more of a white dust. not sure wat it was but it didnt stick to anything so it was a quick 45min wash.

i cant wait to get my 19's on the car.. 18's are just too damn small.

tired as hell, burrito's for supper!

Old 03-23-2018, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
happy friday everyone!

was nice to drive my freshly washed GTI to work this am.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
alright finally home after a LONG day at the office.. on the way home encountered some naive bogus middle aged bald guy in a newish lexus GS350 that thought he could out accelerate and cut in front of me. wtf mang, take your slowarse glorified camry elsewhere. gave him no chance.

its funny how confused some folks are with those cars. lexus is a car you cruise around in, not a car u even think about trying to pick a fight vs a car dedicated to spirited driving.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
weather is kinda iffy for tomorrow.. may/may not take out my STI again for some motoring fun. dont feel like washing my ride so will need to see how weather plays out.

anyway if i dont take my STI out, still have PLENTY of stuff to do at home.

have a good weekend everyone!

Old 03-24-2018, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member
alright still kinda iffy this am with the weather. think i’m going to head to my music room and watch some shows off youtube this am and just relax.

thinking about swapping out the GTI’s wheels to summers too next week..

Old 03-24-2018, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
alright finally home after a LONG day at the office.. on the way home encountered some naive bogus middle aged bald guy in a newish lexus GS350 that thought he could out accelerate and cut in front of me. wtf mang, take your slowarse glorified camry elsewhere. gave him no chance.

its funny how confused some folks are with those cars. lexus is a car you cruise around in, not a car u even think about trying to pick a fight vs a car dedicated to spirited driving.
I think the assumption is that the more expensive a car is, the better it performs in every conceivable metric. A GS is more expensive than a little VW hatchback, so of course it is better-equipped, quieter, more reliable, better-looking, and faster. I mean, why else would a manufacturer sell the car for more money, right? Let us read from the right side of the menu.

But let us not associate baldness with this stupidity. If my forebears are any indication, I’ll be hairless in my middle age. Hope there is not a causal relationship between hair loss and bad driving.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha!

Old 03-24-2018, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
went out for a nice ribeye and filet mignon with the wife for lunch. was soooo good.
and finished off with cheeze cake ofcourse! had a great time.

now time for a quick nap. lol

Old 03-24-2018, 03:24 PM
went out for a nice ribeye and filet mignon with the wife for lunch. was soooo good.
and finished off with cheeze cake ofcourse! had a great time.

now time for a quick nap. lol
Filet for lunch? And how is my liege enjoying his Bentayga?

Old 03-24-2018, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
your liege? you mean lazy(arse).. lol zzzZZZZZzzzzz.. enjoying his nice nap.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:37 PM
I logged 38 constant miles of curvaceous Colorado canyon concourse this current calendar date.

The GK Fit may not be a finely-honed sports car, but it is a damn fine place to be for some casual cruising! I felt existentially fulfilled without having to set foot directly into the half-frozen mountain mud.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
is yours a MT? my GE (2012) was MT and it was actually pretty fun to drive. i really liked that car. GD (2008) was just too damn slow even though mine was MT.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:58 PM
your liege? you mean lazy(arse).. lol zzzZZZZZzzzzz.. enjoying his nice nap.
It’s an honorific completely derived from jealousy — don’t get me wrong! It’s just that I expect a guy on the Fit forums to talk about his lunch from Noodles & Co.

I had some homemade lox, which was great. But Honda would prefer to advertise their subcompact owners would eat premium beef.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha. yah, you know wat, the reason why im here is because i have a long history with Hondas and also the Fit from the first gen to the current. im a HUGE fan of hatchbacks, i just luv the comical shape plus very sporty driving dynamics.

right now i really want to get a 500 abarth. cash in hand. i just dont have space to park the car.

hey nothing wrong with home made lunch!

Old 03-24-2018, 04:12 PM
is yours a MT? my GE (2012) was MT and it was actually pretty fun to drive. i really liked that car. GD (2008) was just too damn slow even though mine was MT.
Mine is a manual.

Understand that I am from the camp of those that would prefer to drive a slow car fast, and Honda’s excellence in stick shifts compensates a lot for the horsepower deficit, to me. I don’t know if I would see things differently if I could afford Grand Touring Injections every month

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?