General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Hello there. Another beautiful day in the neighborhood. Supposed to hit 80, time to take my old school slow sports car out for a drive. The top is down & the tank is full.

Enjoy the day folks.
What sort of old and slow sports car do you have?

All of my favorite cars are old and slow!

Old 04-13-2018, 05:28 PM
I had the day off today, partially to take an online exam. I am now an Apple certified technician, which is beneficial for work, but has destroyed a piece of my soul.

We had a particularly filthy rain last night, so I washed the Fit, and went for a long mountain drive afterwards. Helps with audio book digestion.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:48 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
sorry to say but all my apple computers over the last 3 decades have NEVER needed IT service.. only my current iphone needed a new screen and ipod that was completely replaced with a new unit. so i think that certification will do you no good in the real world. lol maybe in an elementary school.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
on the way home had a fun time with a current model cayman, we both drove kinda spiritedly at times, but never illegal speeds. found an opening in traffic from time to time and opened it up. early on the porsche was in the adjacent lane and in front of me. i heard a weird tone while he accelerated and i thought the new cayman sounded like crap only to find a GD with a fart can on the other side trying to keep up with him. lol haha.. we both left the GD like it was a tree stump on the side of the road.

got home did a few house chores and now relaxing in my music room. finally the weekend.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah forgot to mention.. i got a check in the mail for the yok i had to get on the GK the other month for the puncture.

happy. wat to do with $150 i just received.. one sushi dinner with wife.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
sorry to say but all my apple computers over the last 3 decades have NEVER needed IT service.. only my current iphone needed a new screen and ipod that was completely replaced with a new unit. so i think that certification will do you no good in the real world. lol maybe in an elementary school.
I work IT for a school district, so yeah, for an elementary school. We have iPads for the students, and recently purchased a service contract through Apple. So it was two hours of my time, and a nominal fee to my employer, for me brownnose a bit. There was also the added bonus of the free afternoon, too.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
that's cool. my wife's into IT and her platform of choice is pc... i think cause windows suck and breakdown all the time = more business for her. lol she is a technical consultant and programmer for businesses and is very good at her craft. she works on servers all the time and writes custom programs for her clients.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
alright a full day of relaxing underway.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 04-14-2018, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
woot found a place that sells them galvanized steel in-stud shelves. not as good as the one i already have, but will do just fine to shelve 5qt jugs.

also bought a few albums using itunes gift card i bought using points i had at one of the backup banks.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
i still dont understand used car buying.. i see folks selling their 15k mile 17 DSG Golf-R for like $36-37k which is only $5K+ less than a brand new one with more features. $5K.. dats like a set of wheels and tires i had on my previous hobby car.

if it was a $10k difference i can understand, but a measly $5K is a frikken joke mang.. wtf

Old 04-14-2018, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
vw is now offering R-line package on the 2018 tiguans , but the performance is.. blah.. id be much happier driving the forester xt on the weekends to the restaurants with the wife.

2018 Volkswagen Tiguan First Test: Is Bigger Better? - Motor Trend

2017 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring First Test Review

Old 04-14-2018, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
sashimi tonight.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
alright another day of relaxing inside today. will do a few errands this am and maybe organize the garage parts bin a little bit since there are parts in there from like nearly two decades ago that ill never use moving forward like halogen piaa bulbs, lug nuts, aftermarket horns, etc. lol

come to think of it, up to about 5-6yrs ago i use to know more kids in the area that were into cars. id give these old parts away but lately i dont know anyone. this is probably why i have a stash of parts i dont need any more. oh well.

after that, going to continue doing more research on my next car. should be a fun day. have a good sunday everyone!

Old 04-15-2018, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
alright got the garage shelves organized and dusted. also finished with house chores and inspecting that my lipo's were all good at storage voltage.

checked out my bank points and got a handful of gift cards on the way. i couldve ordered gadgets and other electronics but i already have all the bt speakers and headphones i want so decided to get gift cards and just swap it for cash when they arrive.

while looking through the electronics stuff i could redeem with points, i found turntables that were BT enabled. wtf mang.. the whole point of listening to LP's is to GET AWAY from AD/DA converters especially BT compression. i guess this is for those that have old LP's they want to convert to mp3 or something. if i was going to listen to LP's id definitely get a dedicated tube amp and speakers for it.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i still dont understand used car buying.. i see folks selling their 15k mile 17 DSG Golf-R for like $36-37k which is only $5K+ less than a brand new one with more features. $5K.. dats like a set of wheels and tires i had on my previous hobby car.

if it was a $10k difference i can understand, but a measly $5K is a frikken joke mang.. wtf
I used to be a supporter of buying used, but the used car market has gotten absolutely crazy. Crapboxes are $10k now and better used cars are zero bargain.

If you can find a bargain, used still makes sense. Otherwise, new gets you so much more for so little less.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
i see.. im not real familar with used car buying so i thought maybe it was just me not finding the deals but i guess its the market right now. Golf-R's especially retain high resale value.

so did a few more research on my wife's next car and i think im going to toss in the X1 into the mix. i saw the X2 at the detroit autoshow and it looked nice but those crossovers are just not very good at utility. even the X1 has a sloping roof so not as good as say a forester.

i didnt know the i4turbo's can do 0-60 6.3sec though.. that's acceleration i can accept. but everything comes at a premium. i see there is a good gap between new and used (2018's) on the X1's with less than 5000miles. i think those are manufacturer driven cars so i dont think theyre abused.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
Snow.

Heavy, slushy snow. I needed to go grocery shopping today. Got the Fit out of my driveway, got a car length into the street & got stuck.

Backed back up into my driveway & walked to Cousin's subs. Groceries aren't worth crashing for.

Old 04-15-2018, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
sucks mike. good call on walking vs crashing

Old 04-15-2018, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
It took them another three hours to send a plow to my street.

It was snowing from about 5 PM yesterday through 5 PM today. Not a single plow here until 7:30 PM.

Drive to work might be interesting.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
yah sucks

so this am i left for work early as i’m on summer tires and there's like a quarter inch of snow on the ground. yah no grip. lol. but as soon as i got out of the community it was nicely salted so no issues to work. winter is getting REAL old mang!

now i need to find a day to wash all this salt off again..

have a good monday everyone!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?