General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 08:23 PM
High beams and foglights

How can i turn high beams and foglights at the same time on a 08 fit sport? I need help, a vid would be helpful or anything

Old 05-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
alright pizza was goood! now time for some ice cream and TV.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
another day at the office.. so tired. that early am meeting yesterday nearly killed me. lol
going to take it super easy today. i should walk around the floor during lunch when im not eating out. my desk can be raised up so that i can work while standing so i should do that too today.

so after letting my kid have my like-new Dahon at a super deal, im kinda sad i dont have a bicycle to pedal around no more.. so i was checking out this Tern.. hummm.. if allergies dont kick me in da arse this spring, i might get one.

https://www.ternbicycles.com/us/bikes/471/verge-x11

Old 05-02-2018, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by many721
How can i turn high beams and foglights at the same time on a 08 fit sport? I need help, a vid would be helpful or anything
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not entirely sure how to do this, but I do know that in poor visibility this is NOT a good idea.

In foggy situations you want low, wide and close light which the fog lights provide. Using high beams in a foggy situation will just reflect all that light off the fog and make your driving visibility worse.

As for doing it for 'looks'...still dont suggest it as when driving around with your high beams you are basically blinding everyone else.

Good luck with your search, but I'd advise against doing it for yours and other drivers safety.

Last edited by shinjari; 05-02-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, Shinjari is 100% correct.

I booked an airbnb for my trip next month. I'm so excited for some time off.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
well u can just run a relay and trigger the fog but then again it is illegal so won’t explain how to do it. lol

where u heading, mike?

Old 05-02-2018, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
so i temporarily decided to keep my GTI for the time being doing the oil change and renewing the plates. so.. shall i get a catback for it? DSG shift sounds funny and cool with a lively exhaust.

i say no, just get the bicycle instead.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by many721
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...al-switch.html

We run high beams with fog lights at night because we are in a remote, wooded, mountain area. Would not recommend doing in city or 'burbs.

With good bulbs in all four housings and high beams on, still can't see as well in the Fit as I can with fogs off and low beams on in my Lincoln. Fit headlights absolutely suck!

Old 05-02-2018, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
yes lamps on all gens suck on the Fits.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Now GAFIT that is probably the ONLY situation that benefits from Highs and Fogs. In rural areas.

Keeping the GTi sounds like a good plan. Do some simple bolt ons...a tune maybe? Or have you done that already?

Mike- where you going if you dont mind sharing that info.

GF and I were discussing making our house an AirBnB destination...we have a 5 bedroom house...and its just the 2 of us and our (2) 4-legged children. Would be a way to make some extra $$$. I'm just not sure about the idea of strangers in my house. I got some cool shit haha.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Agreed. High and fogs only make sense on clear nights and where you're the only vehicle. The reality is we don't do it often because we rarely drive the Fit at night. Even when new we mostly took a different vehicle in the evenings. Can't see well in the Fit and there are lots of critters that come out at night.

A neighbor built a small stand alone cottage on their property for AirBnB because we live in a tourist area. That I could do, but not sure I could have strangers in my house. It would probably be fun most of the time, but a bad experience could be really bad.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
where u heading, mike?
Originally Posted by shinjari
Mike- where you going if you dont mind sharing that info.

GF and I were discussing making our house an AirBnB destination...we have a 5 bedroom house...and its just the 2 of us and our (2) 4-legged children. Would be a way to make some extra $$$. I'm just not sure about the idea of strangers in my house. I got some cool shit haha.
Heading to Montreal, hoping to get there Sunday morning before the F1 race, spend Sunday at that & from there, just enjoy the city for about a week.

I could never be an AirBnB host, I'm just way too picky about what people do in my space. The only people I've ever been able to peacefully coexist with in a shared space are my mom & brother. My dad, ex, college roommates, etc., were struggles haha

Old 05-02-2018, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not entirely sure how to do this, but I do know that in poor visibility this is NOT a good idea.

In foggy situations you want low, wide and close light which the fog lights provide. Using high beams in a foggy situation will just reflect all that light off the fog and make your driving visibility worse.

As for doing it for 'looks'...still dont suggest it as when driving around with your high beams you are basically blinding everyone else.

Good luck with your search, but I'd advise against doing it for yours and other drivers safety.
I'd be guessing he wants both fogs & high beams for more light when conditions permit, not for use in the fog. At least I'd hope so. Most of the oem fogs are nothing more than automotive jewelry & really don't add much light.

On my GTI I coded the fogs to come on with the high beams. They also can be run with the parking lights only or low beams. Oh one other thing I coded them to be my drl's.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Mike my son loves using Air B&B. He saved a bunch of money on his last cross country driving trip. No sure I could be an Air B&B host either for the same reasons you listed.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Ken not sure about an exhaust for your GTI. I hate ones that drone at highway speeds. Try & listen to one before you buy it. With all the used ones floating around for sale I think the cool sound becomes annoying noise after a while.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
I'd be guessing he wants both fogs & high beams for more light when conditions permit, not for use in the fog.
Lets hope. =) I'll err on the side of caution. Function > aesthetics.

Yeah thats my thoughts about the AirBnB...a friend of ours does it regularly, but their home is set up a bit better than ours for that. The room they rent out has its own entrance/exit. They've been doing for nearly 2 years with no issues. Just gotta take precautions.

While our house is a two-story, the room that would we consider renting is downstairs next to the bathroom...there is only the primary entrance at the front and back of the house.

The GF thinks it will be 'fine'...I just don't know how I feel about random people in my house. Will I now have to add locks to rooms? Bolt things down? LOL.

F1 race and Montreal sounds fun =)

Old 05-02-2018, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari - yah my GTI runs a piggyback and intake. to take it to stage2 it needs a downpipe and quick change on the piggyback’s setting. but i’m not looking for more power as it already spins its wheels i just want more noise (?). sounds kinda stupid yes but DSG shift up sounds kinda fun. not musical like MT but the abrupt noise sounds mean. but as ash mentioned i’m not sure on the drone. i hate drone. the stereo in my GTI sounds great so don’t want to drown it out with drone. hummmmmm..

montreal and F1 sounds like fun mike!

Old 05-02-2018, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton

On my GTI I coded the fogs to come on with the high beams. They also can be run with the parking lights only or low beams. Oh one other thing I coded them to be my drl's.
that’s cool. did you use a VAGCOM was it(?) or OBD11? i think i can code it on my GTI i suppose, but i rarely need the fogs so i use it only when i need it. the lights on my GTI is good and adaptive to steering.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Since I'm CLOSE to finishing the firepit area...I've been looking at the next backyard project....the workshed.

HomeMade Modern EP115 Building a Solar Powered Workshop

I thought this was pretty freaking slick. Would be perfect for my use. I'd want a slightly larger shed like a 10x14 or 12x12 (county laws permitting). Majority of my tools are cordless, just need light sometimes...and its not like I'm living in the garage so I think this solar system woul dbe awesome and eco-friendly.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Replacement for GK

Kenchan, have you looked at the Honda HRV for the Mrs Kenchan? Same magic seats, even more cargo room, sit up high, good car to pass down to college bound kid,cheap and realible, but less mpg.

Last edited by vic831; 05-02-2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Spacing

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?