General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
Happy friday! Half day for me today to make up some hours I missed while away.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Smart phone cameras are pretty legit these days. Besides having a wide angle and regular lens one of the reasons I really like my LG V20 is it lets you do manual camera controls.

So I can adjust aperture, focal length, ISO, shutter speed etc just like our fancy DSLR. We have a Nikon D700 FX. Great camera, just wanting something newer and smaller. The D700 is a beast. Fine for me...kinda unwieldy after a while for the GF who has smaller hands.

Guys never answered my question in regards to the porsche/naming.

The rear cover...is that still considered the trunk? Or engine cover? Is the front still considered a 'hood' when it is the cargo area?

Old 06-15-2018, 09:56 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah i gave my dslr to my wife cause alll i take are used car photos of my car. lol

iphone does just fine.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
I like "frunk" for the front storage area.

I think Porsche people call the rear an "engine lid."

Old 06-15-2018, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
sound like a cargo hold for drunk people. oh ok

Old 06-15-2018, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
alright sitting in a tiny pencil of a plane.. wtf

Old 06-15-2018, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Wtf man. Ordered that rocker upgrade on sale for $85 yesterday. Got an email stating it'll be back ordered until friday. I said thats fine. Then this morning I get a refund for my $85.

I go and check their website...item is still 'in stock' but now its at the MSRP price.

Guess I'm never doing business with that company again.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Wtf man. Ordered that rocker upgrade on sale for $85 yesterday. Got an email stating it'll be back ordered until friday. I said thats fine. Then this morning I get a refund for my $85.

I go and check their website...item is still 'in stock' but now its at the MSRP price.

Guess I'm never doing business with that company again.
That's BS!

Old 06-15-2018, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I called and asked why it was canceled. "Oh the ETA was too far out so it auto refunds because we dont want to hold on customer funds"...

Sale price was $86.50, current price is $108...MSRP is $119.

The ETA was NEXT week...

Last edited by shinjari; 06-15-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari sucks mang. such stores are so lame and borderline fraud.

btw walrmart online sucks just as bad. their 2 day free delivery is extremely unreliable.

i think while amazon is using robots walmart is using hillbilly bobs and bettys doing the sorting and packaging. wtf .. wrong stuff comes and never in one full shipment back ordered and all the usual BS amazon doesn’t have.

u can’t just make ur regular faktardos do wat robots do with 100% accuracy and think it will work out. i think a good way to show why robots are needed for these huge online enterprises..

Old 06-15-2018, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
alright finally home and now need to vac the house. why a business executive to just regular ol dad just by going through dat faking front door. lol.

anyway no issue. i will vac da faking house. lol. have a good weekend folks.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
so how come united cant haz more fit looking flight attendants? i mean i dont mean to objectify anyone, but mang i see international airlines having really attractive flight attendants and i get on my united flights i get like a hillary clinton looking aka lunch lady #3 serving drinks and all. im like wtf mang..

although lunch lady #3 was nice today. lol

Old 06-15-2018, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
alright, my wife's getting us charburgers and cheeze fries tonight. and chili of course!

time to work on my gallon pack economy size stomach to match the flight attendants who i get to fly with.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Wow tough crowd here tonight. I'll check back in later when you calm down. Nighty night. ;-)

Old 06-16-2018, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Lol got a reply from company.

"It was cancelled because another customer expressed concern over the pricing and inventory status of the product. I personally made the decision that in fairness to all customers to cancel the orders."

Then a follow-up reply of

"The price was a mistake in our automated pricing system for a short period of time and another customer, who paid the same price as you, made an issue out of it for some reason. I did what I felt was fair for older customers who paid the higher price. The $108 price is what Acuity requires us and all other dealers to sell it for."

Long story short...they should've just said it was an automated pricing mistake. I would have preferred they honor the price....but what can ya do. I suspect that "customer" is...the business. Who would complain about saving money?

Old 06-16-2018, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
yah, if the price was wrong and yet favored the customer, they should just honor it. stores forget that THEY serve the community not the other way around even if they did have something super special. if it aint for the customers, dey dont exist.

fak the soup guy mang.. lol

Old 06-16-2018, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
alright heading out to my hairstylist dis am, might stop by the maz dealer but not sure. dey have both club (bbs package) RF and ST on sale. well, its new but 2017 inventory so im sure its all rotted and spoiled by now. or my other option is go the very opposite direction (literally) and head to a MINI dealer. been kinda gravitating around the JCW 2 door cooper-s lately.

fastforward 8hrs, i'll probably be home washing my GTI and doing some spot clay. lol
weatherchannel was nice to let me know it might rain dis am cause it did. was planning to wash my car after vac'ing the house last night. good thing i waited.

have a great saturday everyone!

Old 06-16-2018, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Exactly...give the people the price...don't take it away. They basically lost me as a customer and I had about $800 lined up. Oh well someone else will get it instead.

Miata or Mini sound like fun regardless! Might as well squeeze in the Subaru dealer as well

Replaced the LCAs and outer tie rods on my moms Rogue. Went super easy. Yeah thsoe tie-rods were toast and probably the reason for the random knocking sound over rough surfaces. Still can't pin point the heavy vibration in the rear during highway speeds.

Checked rear suspension and all bushings look good. Struts were replaced less than 10k ago. I touched the exhaust...and that thing moves around quite a bit so I'm thinking the exhaust hangers are simply worn/stretched. Thing bounced all over the place.

Also adjusted the hood to be snug, replaced a bunch of missing body clips that hold the front bumper cover. No more bumper cover/hood rattle. So that helped with some front end weirdness on the highway. Gotta see how much these hangers are.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
You probably already thought of this, but have you rotated the wheels/tires front to back to see if it affects the vibration?

There's not a lot going on in the rear of a front drive car. I'm guessing the vibration is either tire, wheel, wheel bearing, or control arm bushings.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
You probably already thought of this, but have you rotated the wheels/tires front to back to see if it affects the vibration?

There's not a lot going on in the rear of a front drive car. I'm guessing the vibration is either tire, wheel, wheel bearing, or control arm bushings.
That's a good call. If the tires have not been rotated on a regular basis it is possible the rear tire have an odd wear pattern to them. This is especially common according to my friends at the tire shop.

It's Saturday & I've just sold my Miata. Time for a new caretaker. Sorry to see it go, but it was time. My wife is happy she can now park in the garage. Happy wife happy life I've heard it said.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear u let your miata go ash. but good to hear now ur wife can park her spot less car inside while storming outside.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?