General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 01:20 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
dogdamn it, i got an ant problem in my kitchen. wtf. its not the small ants either, they da bigarse walmart shopper midwestern fat woman type.

so cleaned under the kitchen sink as it appears they were after the trash can under there. also my kid did not do a real good job keeping tidy down dere (found little crumbs and all) so wiped every thing down and applied a light powdering of boric acid.

also made a delicious sugar-boric acid dish for dem unwelcome guests to take home to deir queen. i checked the basement ceiling and walls and i cant find the entry point. it must be from within the wall. i powdered behind the stove and around the dish washer too.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
i think someone is telling me not to go look at cars today cause not only dis ant problem dat ive been working on the last 2hrs, it's like faking scorching hot now.. and u guys knowz i HATE humidity. yikes.. heat index 1500F.

think im just going to wash my GTI in the shade a little later and call it quits. lol

Old 06-16-2018, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
alright, half of the car is now in the shade... will give it another hr or so and will wash the GTI. the rays are just too strong to wash a black car at a slowish pace today and im too tired and too slow to go fast. lol

going to go in the garage to see if i can mount one of the fans im not using on the garage wall..

Old 06-16-2018, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
HATE ants. Good luck with that.

After looking at rear components and trying to shake tuings. Nothing looks out of place. Rear tires should probably be reppaced. Fronts are fairly new. Rears are a little long in the tooth.

Here are old vs new...those tie rods were toast lol

Off to get an alignment .

Old 06-16-2018, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
oh wow.. dose are worn!

yah, ants i hate too, but at least it wasnt a roach dis time. those things are nasty! good wakeup call for me, will be cleaning dat under the sink cabinet more often and boric acid every couple of months to maintain.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
We live in the woods...ants are a constant problem. As are wood boring bees, scorpions, termites, stink bugs, roaches...you get the idea.

That being said, I grew up in South FL. Glad to not have the giant cockroach infestations.

Treating the entire base of the house on the outside a few times a year does wonders. Just spread granules and let rain do the rest.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
granules, huh? wow, i didnt know dat. do you like mix grains and some boric acid or something or..?

so i made a small dish of sugar-boric acid treats for da ants and they've been taking it home to their biotch midwestern fat woman queen. hope she likes my recipe. told my wife and kids NOT to kill da ants. they shall slowly disappear.. well, if things go well.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
alright was out in heat index 1500F dis pm and washed my FILTHY GTI.. took a while to clean da wheels but it is nice and clean. den proceeded to clay the rear gate and top of rear bumper, polished it as well. its got some paint damage from salt it looks like.. therez tiny etching in a few spots i could not clear as it is under the clear coat. oh well.

will do the roof next time. im too slow and tired to do the entire car at one time so do it in sections. which reminds me, i forgot to wash the 3" RO pad.. hummm... crap.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
called up my pops tonight since its already sunday in jland. damn he's a healthy and loud guy.. lol glad him and mom are doing alright.

have a great father's day tomorrow. im going to pull out my R tomorrow am, younger kid's doing my laundry, older kid's treating me to some homemade tonkatsu tomorrow night.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.domyown.com/bayer-advanc...rf-p-2979.html

We've used that and it works well.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
My parents sent me a card for father's day that says...

"Having a kid is like having your heart walking around outside your body...

and watching it do stupid shit you told it not do do."

As a parent, I find it funny. As a son, I'm not amused.

My Mom called and asked if I got the card. All I could do was say...yup, um, thanks for thinking of me.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
thanks got a 10lbs bag on order!

Old 06-16-2018, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
ouch on da card! lol haha funny parents.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
my pops said i should stop buying so many cars.

so i’m car shopping.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers out there!

for fathers day my kids drew me pictures of my STI. my older kid, who is an artist type, gave me a pencil sketch of my STI and it looks phenomenal. holy crap no wonder dis kid wins so many awards mang. very impressed.

my younger kid drew me a color pencil sketch of the STI emblem. not bad!

very cool. i’m real happy.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
pulling out my R in a little bit to enjoy my f-day drive. lol

Old 06-17-2018, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Fathers Day Guys!

GAFIT That card is perfect! I can agree with it haha. I look back at some things I did and see my son do them and its like deja vu...

Kenchan what are you looking at today? Still the Mini or Miata? Look at a Fiat abarth and 124 while you're at it.

SO last week was clearly not my week.

I set up an appointment for the alignment...1130...Name is Richard, I'm bringing a Nissan Rogue. Thanks.

I get there at 1125 and as I park by the alignment rack....what do I see on the rack? A flippin' Nissan Rogue.

Guy asks me "How can I help you?" "I'm here for my 1130 alignment" Guy looks perplexed...looks at Rogue on rack....looks at Rogue behind me..."OH! You're the 1130! No wonder the guy looked confused when I mentioned that to him (other Rogue owner)"

Well needless to say the Rogue wasn't seen until 12ish. Alignment done...

ANd I'm fairly certain we identified what was causing the horrible highway vibrations. My moms Rogue is AWD. Turns out...she has (3) different brand/type/wear rating tires on the damn car. A few years back I got a whole set of Falkens for it. SO the (2) rears are the Falkens which look like they could use replacing soon. But the (2) fronts are new-ish but (1) is a BFG and the other is a Cooper.

So all (4) tires have different wear/weight thus causing the unbalance. I told my mom she needs to buy a set of (4) soon.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Fathers Day! Enjoy the day dad's!

Old 06-17-2018, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
thanks shinarji and ash! happy father's day to you too.

shinjari- wow, dat is crazy! but glad to hear u got the alignment done. sounds like dis faking clerk at one of the hotels i stayed at. she assumed i was da jlander she saw on the list and checked me in under da assumed j-name even though i told her my name numerous times and even verified with her. she was like yes yes, i got you.

fastforward to 11pm i get a call from da front desk asking who i was. im like WTF mang..i was already asleep. explained about the stupid 50-55yr old dumbarse airhead old useless rag dat checked me in earlier in the day. good thing they were able to give my original reservation to the guy who was supposed to get the room i was already staying at.

yah, tires can make a lot of thumping noise on some. long time ago i had SP9000's and they sucked big time as far as noise. so noisy and annoying.

yah, i am actually secretly waiting on the 500 abarth. ive wanted dat thing from when they first released it back in like 2011 or 2012. makes sense to get it, but den the jcw cooper-s is also pretty cool.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got back from my nice relaxing drive in my R. had a great time. such an incredible package the Golf-R, has everything i want in a sport hatch.

QD’ed and now resting in her bedroom.

the sub in the R sounds even better than the one in my GTI even though both are running the Fender system because the R comes with no spare and the void under the trunk liner becomes a cabinet. deep bass.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?