General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Back from vacation. Much needed. Of course I came down with a bad cold while there & am now dealing with a completely absent voice & a nasty infection in my ear (with ringing as an added bonus).

Montreal & Detroit were so, so enjoyable. I loved every second in both.

A few photos from my brief time in Detroit, I didn't really take pictures of anything other than street art in Montreal.

The Henry Ford museum had an exhibit centered on Charles & Ray Eames, two of the most influential folks in 20th century design (and to this day, 30+ years after Ray's passing). I had no idea until I arrived there & as someone who has three of their pieces in my living room, it was a glorious surprise.

Best vacation of my life, though I'll never go to another F1 race live. It just wasn't fun, even for me, a lifelong (literally got myself up early on Sundays to watch races at 9 years old) devotee.

@Shinjari: You & the lady look great! How'd you like that 9000 RPM ricemobile?

Sup guys!

Old 06-17-2018, 04:59 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hey there mike!

dogdamn, fell asleep right after lunch and took a 3 hr power nap. lol

guess i was kinda tired

Old 06-17-2018, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
meh, sucks dat id need to get a scooter license just to ride a ruckus around the neighborhood. neighbor's friend down the street got one (he's into motorcycles) and we were checking it out. looks like fun. if it wasnt for dat id get one too. i dont have time to get schooled on some scooter license just for dat, and how the hell am i supposed to drive that slow thing to the motor cycle license test facility.. the closest one is off a 50mph road.. wtf mang.

looks like for me it's only bicycles.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
nice picts mike! ive been to that museum too. cool stuff inside.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
so i got this batch of Griot's blue detailing towels about a yr ago (like 20 of them) and they are all still linting (some worse than others) so decided to toss dem all in the trash and ordered a batch of high end mf towels from autogeek.

never again im buying towels from Griots. gtfo

Old 06-17-2018, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
There's such a HUGE range of quality with microfiber. I bought a big detailing kit from a guy on the Nissan boards back 15ish years ago and they are still excellent today. His parents owned some towel company.

I also have some from Leno's Garage and some from The Rag Company. Don't know that they will last as long, but so far so good. I've been using Leno's stuff more and more lately. Love his wheel cleaner.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
sounds great. yah, i had good luck with griot's previous sets so i expected nothing less... but wow, linting sucks. at least they didnt introduce any swirls though even on the GTI's black paint.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
so i was showing off the STI sketch my son drew to my wife. mang she is soo strict. i mean she's the true artist in the hauz i know, but mang she's like this this this and this and dat and this, etc. etc can all be improved!

haha faking asian moms mang. only grade is A or F.

i asked her to frame it for me. going to place it in my bedroom.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
haha faking asian moms mang. only grade is A or F.
That mentality created some darn good generations!

Better than the current Mom's that think "Johnie" isn't treated fairly and should fight for his "rights."

When my son gets in trouble at school it gets multiplied x10 at home. That's the way it should be in my mind. Of course, I feel like I cut him too much slack since I got much less. LOL. Guess I'm also part of the softening problem. Just have further to go down that path than some.

BTW, happy Father's Day to all the Dad's!

Old 06-17-2018, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
yah, i too believe in discipline.

the school system is so soft and over protective, kids take forever to grow up. and these people say 'in this day and age old skool discipline is going too far'. gtfo, this day and age china is raping us all thanks to the softies.. although i hear china is becoming very westernized too.. lol

Old 06-17-2018, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
older kid is deep frying tonkatsu. mmmmmm.. smells so good..!!

Old 06-17-2018, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
My parents were strict but never really laid into my brother or I. We both turned out pretty well (obviously a biased POV), employed, zero student debt (but each have our bachelor's), clean records, no substance abuse, no depression, etc.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
my son's tonkatsu was excellent.

now watching TV and relaxing rest of the evening. today was a great day.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
@mike410b yeah the S2k is always a joy. That bearing noise gets annoying and it probably would've been the first thing I fixed. Probably one of, if not the last RAW feeling honda out there. Still rack and pinion and shift linkage. You really FEEL the car and road.

I will say, the GF liked the s2k hands down over the miata haha. So I said...well how about I get one of these? and that just got me a 'haha funny' kind of looks. lol.

That architecture is awesome. I have a friend who went to school in Detroit before the collapse and he said they have such history and awesome architecture.

Hope you feel better. Was the ear thing from the race?

@kenchan, just get the motorcycle license man...it'll take an afternoon...TOPS.

I'll say this, coming from one of those 'asian mom' upbringings. I got good grades, no substance abuse/depression etc. While raising my kid I kind of do a combo of the 'asian' strict and let him have some thoughts of his own and learn from his actions. We tried the pure strict thing, but he just doesn't respond well to it...just makes him act out/under perform. So we switched it up and it works better for him.

The helicopter parent thing doesnt work for me.

Last edited by shinjari; 06-18-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
@mike410b yeah the S2k is always a joy. That bearing noise gets annoying and it probably would've been the first thing I fixed. Probably one of, if not the last RAW feeling honda out there. Still rack and pinion and shift linkage. You really FEEL the car and road.

I will say, the GF liked the s2k hands down over the miata haha. So I said...well how about I get one of these? and that just got me a 'haha funny' kind of looks. lol.

That architecture is awesome. I have a friend who went to school in Detroit before the collapse and he said they have such history and awesome architecture.

Hope you feel better. Was the ear thing from the race?
Ear thing is a result of the nasty cold I got But the race didn't help it either, those cars are so much louder than people claim.

Glad you like the AP1, feel free to tell her the cars are more reliable than Fits

It seriously seems like such a cool city, but at this point, it is already out of affordability. The gentrifying types have come from all over the world to make it unattainable to people who actually want to do cool stuff.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
dogdamn already da pm... where did the am go? so busy at the office. lol

guys i was just kidding about my wife being an asian mom. did u not see the ?

she does not micro manage everything for our kids. our kids are free to do wat they want as long as they are responsible for their actions and choices. they are good kids cause we taught them right from wrong and things have consequences. that i am extremely strict for their knowledge and own good.

i mean the stuff u guys talk about dat u escaped is unheard of in our family. drugs? alcohol? smoking? really? that’s all in the movies mang. wat we concentrate is earning a good living and buying fun toys or enjoying life. we measure success by how happy we are.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
hope u feel better soon, mike!!

Old 06-18-2018, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Kenchan....joking? What's that?

Old 06-18-2018, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
kenchan, we were all just saying that our good parents kept us clear of drugs, smoking, alcohol, etc.

I definitely got the joke about your wife. She sounds like a great Mom.

My wife tries to helicopter, but my Son is too fast for her to keep up. LOL

Old 06-18-2018, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Kenchan....joking? What's that?
I actually met a guy named Joe King.

Now he had bad parents. LOL

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?