General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 09:36 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hope tomorrow swings by real quick shinjari!

yah sucks dat ur managers don’t get it. my previous work was like dat, made the switch a few yrs ago and mang it was a great move. more pay more rewarding work more toys to da point i don’t even really want anything right now..

i mean i still want the fast awd machine for dd but i honestly don’t like the new R’s front bumper. the black grill looks like a faking mustache and can’t be unseen.. i don’t like sedans so S3 is meh.. still scratching my head.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Lol German Mustache haha. Reminds me of the optional grill for the GK.

Yeah I like my job, the schedule flexibility (tough to beat a M-Th work week) and what I do, but when your project managers are shady and underhanded...I don't want to work for someone I don't respect.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
A feel I understand. GL dude.

I'm considering applying to grad school in another country and not working for a couple years.

Seems dumb but maybe worthwhile

Old 06-28-2018, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Doesnt seem dumb to me Mike410b. Experience life man. In retrospect I wish I would've done some studies abroad but a little late for that.

PLUS! I'll gladly take care of your s2k while you're away

Old 06-28-2018, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
S2000 would sit on jackstands with no suspension on it in my parent's barn haha

Old 06-28-2018, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
alright,, finally home! so tired super busy at work, so faktarded da general public waz on da way home.

yah dat german mustache is a big issue for me... id have to buy black in dis case to make it less visible. nnnnn... not sure i want black R ..

Old 06-28-2018, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Got my first roll of film developed. In a shocking twist, a few pictures actually turned out well.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Nice Mike!

I like the looks of your car and place as well as the pic quality!

Are those Klipsch speakers? They look like the same ones I have.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
nice place mike!

Old 06-28-2018, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
hey derez a cat!

Old 06-28-2018, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Nice Mike!

I like the looks of your car and place as well as the pic quality!

Are those Klipsch speakers? They look like the same ones I have.
Originally Posted by kenchan
nice place mike!
Thanks guys!

I'm shocked with how nice they came out, apparently I figured out a basic idea of how to focus things. They're a solid base to grow from.

Yep, Klipsch SF2 towers?

Old 06-29-2018, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
5 day weekend starts 4:30pm today! wooot!

oh wat to do dis weekend. motor STI motor R work on GTI/GK (just a quick check and top off if needed) maybe pull out my bicycles, window shop cars, etc etc

going to remove the helper spring on the R’s clutch and will install a clutch throw adjustable stopper on the floor which i should be getting later today.

have a great weekend everyone!

Old 06-29-2018, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Nice pics! What kind of camera you taking those with?

One of these days I'll have a nice in house audio system.

Yesterday I was in a meeting with one of the higher ups and our customer and our guy was just lying thru his teeth to 'save face' (aka satisfy his ego) about why we couldn't meet the deadline. It was so aggravating. Just freaking be honest with the customer man..."we fucked up...our procurement team dropped the ball...we will get back on track....done"...ARGH!

I did receive my auto trim panel tools and last shifter piece yesterday. I spent 1.5 hours disassembling the center console, installing new parts and reassembling center console. Haven't taken for a drive but a lot of slop is gone and the shifts are definitely tighter and shorter.

Nice on the 5 day weekend kenchan. I'm doing mine next weekend starting wednesday.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Nice work shinjari!

I need to get off my butt and work on our Fit. Been lazy lately. At least I ran errands with it and gave it a good bath this morning. Was starting to get garage rot from sitting.

Speaking of shifters...I noticed that the Mugen shifter in the Fit has some slop now. Guess 10 years and 200k miles can do that. I should see if I can find which bushings are worn. Maybe the ones on the transmission and not the shifter itself? Those are original to the car. Along with all other bushings everywhere. Really can't complain about how the car has held up overall. It's no spring chicken at this point. Still drives solid and, amazingly, has no more rattles than when new. Surprising for a tin can.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Gotta update your sig to say 200k miles driven hard haha.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Speaking of shifters...I noticed that the Mugen shifter in the Fit has some slop now. Guess 10 years and 200k miles can do that. I should see if I can find which bushings are worn. Maybe the ones on the transmission and not the shifter itself? Those are original to the car. Along with all other bushings everywhere. Really can't complain about how the car has held up overall. It's no spring chicken at this point. Still drives solid and, amazingly, has no more rattles than when new. Surprising for a tin can.
200k miles on an aftermarket shifter, glad Mugen still makes an OEM level part.

Originally Posted by shinjari
Nice pics! What kind of camera you taking those with?

One of these days I'll have a nice in house audio system.

Yesterday I was in a meeting with one of the higher ups and our customer and our guy was just lying thru his teeth to 'save face' (aka satisfy his ego) about why we couldn't meet the deadline. It was so aggravating. Just freaking be honest with the customer man..."we fucked up...our procurement team dropped the ball...we will get back on track....done"...ARGH!

I did receive my auto trim panel tools and last shifter piece yesterday. I spent 1.5 hours disassembling the center console, installing new parts and reassembling center console. Haven't taken for a drive but a lot of slop is gone and the shifts are definitely tighter and shorter.

Nice on the 5 day weekend kenchan. I'm doing mine next weekend starting wednesday.
Pics are taken with an old Canonet QL17 GIII rangefinder. Hoping to take more pictures this weekend, I really enjoy it.

My setup was super cheap, you should do it! I paid $230 for the Klipsch towers, a velodyne sub and an old Sony receiver. The receiver failed after 1.5 years (with me, it was 15 years old) and I spent $270 on an open box $700 Yamaha receiver at best. $500 all in & every single component would've cost more to buy independently new. Shoot, I even have a Klipsch center speaker I just haven't found space for too that came with the $230 deal. Craigslist FTW

Glad the shifter seems improved, enjoy it!

Old 06-29-2018, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Wow! Good purchasing Mike!

I spent a bit (like 4x) more

Old 06-29-2018, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Shinjari do they make shoulder & knee joints? I could sure use them.

Mike that's a great camera. You should run some B&W film through it. Maybe build yourself a home darkroom, soup & print them yourself. It's really satisfying.

GAFIT drive that bad boy, it makes your car happy.

Ken go out & kick some tires.

Have an enjoyable weekend folks.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
ash yeeessszz.

huh, i wonder if it was the GK factory dat sunk underwater due to karma.. lol

Old 06-29-2018, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
oh and it is...! time u all migrate to GTI.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?