General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 12:58 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
nice picts shinjari! looks like fun. sounds good on the 5day for u too!!

Old 06-29-2018, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Was one of their plants flooded? Have a link?

Old 06-29-2018, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
yes sorry no link.

Old 06-29-2018, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Wow! Good purchasing Mike!

I spent a bit (like 4x) more
Eek! Did you buy new? I got mine from a guy who didn't care about audio stuff, his dad was an audiophile & got him the equipment as a house warming gift years earlier, then gave him a newer/fancier setup when he moved into a bigger house.

Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Mike that's a great camera. You should run some B&W film through it. Maybe build yourself a home darkroom, soup & print them yourself. It's really satisfying.
I'll pick up some b&w film eventually, I feel like to compose a good b&w picture requires better framing/composition/light usage than I can manage at the moment.

Old 06-29-2018, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Eek! Did you buy new?
Yeah, new Klipsch towers, center, 4 surrounds, 10" sub, and a Yamaha receiver. Was 10 years ago or so I think.

The amplified sub quit working a few years ago and I replaced it with a Klipsch 12". Think I actually preferred the 10, but whatever...

Amp is the next item slotted for replacement. It's starting to act funky. Like push down volume on the remote and it goes up. Plus it won't let me enter the advanced menu options anymore. Stuff like setting the time delay and signal output for each speaker has somehow gone away. Electronics...

Old 06-29-2018, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
wahoo~ finally home and now enjoying my 5 day weekend.

vac'ed the 2nd floor and now relaxing in my music room. my clutch stop thingie arrived so will work on the R on monday.. nothing special, remove clutch helper spring to get direct feedback from the clutch and install the adjustable stopper to rid the excess throw.

i heard about people removing the clutch line damper but i dont think its necessary in my case as im looking for refined clutch engagement feedback where the damper is not affecting the smaller increments in movement.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
one word from an audio guy (me).. room mode

i guess datz two words lol

Old 06-29-2018, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Yeah, new Klipsch towers, center, 4 surrounds, 10" sub, and a Yamaha receiver. Was 10 years ago or so I think.

The amplified sub quit working a few years ago and I replaced it with a Klipsch 12". Think I actually preferred the 10, but whatever...

Amp is the next item slotted for replacement. It's starting to act funky. Like push down volume on the remote and it goes up. Plus it won't let me enter the advanced menu options anymore. Stuff like setting the time delay and signal output for each speaker has somehow gone away. Electronics...
Nice! That's a way more complete setup than mine.

I think my sub is either an 8 or a 10, more bass than I could ever want either way.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
mine is real simple. 2 yamaha bi-amped near field monitors (8" and tweeter), room caliberator-tuned 31 band dbx eq, prima acoustic isolators, speaker stands, and audio source.. well, CD in my case or my musical instruments. and room with pyramid acoustic dampers on da wallz.

no matter how great ur speakers are, if u dont understand room mode its just a waste of money.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Literally no clue what that means.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
and my other setup is a $150 sony mini component system.. which runs BT source.. and i can almost bet it sounds better dan most home audio systems in regular living rooms... cause again, room mode.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Literally no clue what that means.
its okay most people dont.. when u energize ur listening area with audio, ur room resonates and becomes part of the audio. u have to caliberate ur speakers and ur room to get the best audio.

my uncle has a $50K+ sound system.. it sounds like shit. cause.. room mode.
he has no idea how to tune his room and his speakers to compliment each other.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
so for novices, i ALWAYS tell them to try headphones.. cause no need to learn room mode. no bias, just straight speaker performance to match your listening preference.

but den goes back to a conversation with gafit a while back.. the audio source of today are clipped often due to excess use of dynamic (volume) maximizers. no sense getting super nice headphones cause ur audio source is crap.. dis is why i run BT headphones dese days and only listen to content, not so much da audio itself.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
How does one figure out what is right for a room?

Old 06-29-2018, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
nnnn.. lots of reading, experimenting, diffusers, caliberator, eq, and good ears to start.

unless ure willing to spend thousands of dollars, i recommend u setup the speakers for show and get some nice headphones for true listening if audio interests u mike

Old 06-29-2018, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
I'm fairly picky, but at the end of the day I just get it close enough to make me happy.

My simple solution is to use a good amplifier with built in auto calibration. The Yamaha YPAO system is pretty good. I usually have to run it a few times while fiddling with the subwoofer settings, but to my ear it usually nails the delay and comes close on the signal.

At the very least, it gets you close and will usually solve echoing issues.

My main audio experience comes from cars. I've had car audio systems that were MUCH higher end than what I have in my home. Last system was probably my last and cost more than a decent used car. The THX factory system in my Stinkin' isn't crazy good, but it's way better than what used to cost a lot of money aftermarket. Amazing how good factory car stereo's have gotten. Just have to put a CD in to hear the quality.

Which leads me to a modern car gripe. I'm sad to see so many brands abandoning the CD player. You get this optional $3,000 system with no way to enjoy it's quality since the only source will be satellite radio or your cell phone. Shame!

Old 06-30-2018, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member
sounds good to me gafit. i mean unless onez willing to sacrifice a room dedicated to audio, it’s best u get it setup to where u like it. datz wat matters anyways at da end. plus with sweet spot considered u can’t really set something up where da whole family can listen and enjoy at the same time anyway unless using multiple speakers which makes it even more complicated!!

Old 06-30-2018, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
alright, going to pull out my STI and enjoy my drive dis am. itz going to get hot today so planning to enjoy the rest of day indoors. like taking my wife out for lunch den relaxing indoors rest of day.

tomorrow should be a tad cooler with rain expected here and dere so going to pull out my bicycle.

have a great sat everyone!!

Old 06-30-2018, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
motored my STI, had a great time.. except there were 2 hill side roads dat were drenched due to either stupid garbage overdoing lawn sprinkler use or pipe burst or something.. wtf mang. pissed me off cause now ill need to use waterless tomorrow to clean the car. its just another extra step i really dont need.

anyway doing part of the laundry now (was going to do tomorrow) before heading out for lunch so dat i can do the waterless tomorrow without much stress.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
da tolerance we must have for stupid & losers.. and combo's! lol

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?