General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Old 06-30-2018, 11:16 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
since dere's not much i want right now i might get me a new time piece. was checking out the TAG's.. there's a carrera one i liked.

goes well with my Golf-R theme i thinks.

https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/watch...cv201aj-ba0715

Old 06-30-2018, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
oh yah, so today i took one of the bottle caps still remaining with the TERRO ant poison inside and made a little restaurant-hut outside out of an empty noodle cup with a little cutout on da side.

i placed it upside down over the bottle cap with TERRO, and put rocks on top to prevent it from blowing over. dis way rain wont affect it. also put a FREE FOOD! sign on dere for the final touch.

time for all da dumbarse combo's to die.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
huh, so weatherchannel says my tomorrow am drive is still a GO if i want to.. ofcourse! will take out the STI again and den do the waterless..

i just realized i didnt do my 30 pushups dis am so need to go work on dat in a little bit. not a big deal, im pretty fit for a middle aged fart.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
I like the Tag Carrera's! Another one in that class that I like is the Omega Speedmaster.

Just bought a Seiko Diver a couple of weeks ago. I'm enjoying it, but the Speedmaster has been calling my name. Maybe a 2019 purchase for me.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
sounds good on the seiko. i use an automatic from seiko dat my wife got for me several yrs ago. it has been rock solid reliable. yah i was looking at the omegas too!

the tag looks a tad more modern and sportier to me but omegas are super nice too.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, this Seiko Diver is an automatic also. It's sort of replacing a Seiko automatic that I'm retiring. After 10+ years it doesn't have enough reserve to last overnight anymore. I could get it serviced, but they just don't have enough value to justify servicing. At least it doesn't to me right now. I'll throw it in a drawer and maybe do something with it someday.

In the meantime, I'll just wear my new daily

I also recently bought a Russian Vostok tank commander. It's an auto Russian from the late '80's/early '90's. It's just fun. Face has a red star, a tank, and says "Komdandirskie." How can you go wrong?

Old 07-01-2018, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
yah the seiko i have has a quartz inside too for power storage so i suppose in 5 or so more yrs i may need to get mine serviced too.

cool on the russian watch. huh kinda trendy looking too.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
alright, weather did cooperate so pulling out my STI again in about an hr. . followed by waterless wash.

have a good sunday everyone!!

Old 07-01-2018, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Whats up guys!?

Yeah been eyeing a new watch myself. That Tag is nice but a little over budget for now haha.

I have a Tag Aquaracer Calibre 5 Automatic and a Gshock GA-1000FC.

Been looking at the G-shock GTSB100D-1A in their G-steel line.

Washing civic and miata today. Hoping miata keeps CEL long enough for me to smog sometime this week.

Work in the garage on another patio chair...gotta wait at our rental for the new fridge we had to buy since the old one crapped out after 14 years (further delaying more fun parts for the civic haha).

Then who knows. Happy Sunday!

Old 07-01-2018, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- actually i was thinking about getting a g-shock too (a low-end one for me) while im out working on my cars cause i keep needing to take my seiko off thinking im going to scrape it on concrete or car bits while im in the garage, spill chemicals on it, etc.

sounds good on washing ur civic and miata, hope dat cel dont pop back on before the smog.. ! sorry to hear about ur fridge, but 14yrs is great. mine only lasted like 8 months before it needed a new compressor. yah, like replacing the core/heart of the faking pos garage (maytag). lol

Old 07-01-2018, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
alright, back from my drive, had a blast. even in 90F weather the STI pulls hard thanks to cobb.

some redneck wanted to out accelerate my STI from a stop to a merge on his harley.. LOL wtf mang.. he tried rocketing in front of me, but he had no chance.. he was like 1/2 car length behind, but i let off the throttle at speed limit allowing him to merge in front of me if he wanted to, but he let off too and didnt do a ric0r flyby like some dumbarse kid in mitsubishits and neons so i give him dat.

did a waterless wash after the drive and it was super hot in my garage. took a shower and now doing laundry.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
I love G-shocks, but don't have the wrist for them. Anything over 40mm hangs over the sides of my small wrists. I'm happiest with watches in the 38mm range.

A rubber G would be nice for working around the house for sure. I take off my watches when working on a car. Not for the watches sake, but because I don't want to scratch the car! I think the Russian thing or my diver would win the battle against 90% of the stuff a car is made of.

Old 07-01-2018, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
yah, i dont have big wrist either being a j-arse. but 40-41 seems to be a good fit for me as far as these chronograph type watches.

did u guy know there are g-shock watches dat are like $5K whorely crap. one i was looking at was like $85 - 150.. lol solar powered, i think.

https://www.casio.com/products/watch.../mrgg2000hb-1a

Old 07-01-2018, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
was hoping to narrow down the cheapo g-shock for me, but visiting casio site just made it even more confusing dan anything.. waaaay to many choices. da hell mang..

Old 07-01-2018, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
I like that one above kenchan, but they are just comically huge to me. That one pictured is 58.1mm x 53.8mm.

Not a look I care for even with big wrists.

Casio brought out a "mid-size" version of their G steel watches. I was excited till I found out their idea of a mid-size is 49.3 mm.

When I see people wearing these things I immediately think of Flavor Flav.

Maybe I'm just jealous that I can't wear them because I do think they look good.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha! yah, i too think they look kinda clunky.

thinking about this one. it's $170, carefree price if i scratch it. and i wear magnet bracelets and stuff but ive not scratched my car's finish while working on them.

https://products.edifice-watches.com...QS-800CPB-1AV/

goes with my GTI and STI's theme..

Old 07-01-2018, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
but wont go with my R's theme cause she's got blue and white illumination.. hummm..

my wife said just get da blue one too.. lol i kinda wanted to stay with the resin/rubber type band.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
That one looks great!

Think I'd have to try it on first or buy it on Amazon. The size, at 50mm x 47.5mm, wouldn't work for me, but I like the looks.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah that Casio Edifice is slick. Making me consider it haha.

Yeah some of the gshocks have HUGE faces...the one I have is about as large as I can wear before it looks ridiculous.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Got the fridge replaced, donated a bunch of old clothes that were just taking up space in the closet...drove the miata a bunch to try and get the emissions checks 'complete'...just waiting for the evaporation test to complete.

Didn't wash civic/miata as they aren't terrible...maybe Wednesday I will...gonna give pups a bath though they are long overdue for one. Haha.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
cool! yah, i thought it looked real good with dat CF face and red/black theme... i showed the link to my kid and he immediately connected with my GTI and STI. lol

i cant understand wat this guy is saying but @ 6:43 he shows the actual dimensions of the watch. like from 9 oclock to 3 oclock is about 43mm.. so not sure if its really dat huge. the crystal is about 36mm diameter.. @6:29

take a look and let me know ur thoughts.. mines already on order. lol used points so basically free.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?