General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 06:26 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ordered dis one too..

https://products.edifice-watches.com...QS-800CDB-1AV/

im not a big fan of the silver metal bands but the face has all blue, red, and black so will work in my R as well. im probably going to get a nylon band for it.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
honestly if the outer blue ring was more blue and no goldish looking ring on this one, this wouldve been more committed to my R. but oh well.

https://products.edifice-watches.com...QS-800CDB-1BV/

Old 07-01-2018, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah that Casio Edifice is slick. Making me consider it haha.

Yeah some of the gshocks have HUGE faces...the one I have is about as large as I can wear before it looks ridiculous.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Got the fridge replaced, donated a bunch of old clothes that were just taking up space in the closet...drove the miata a bunch to try and get the emissions checks 'complete'...just waiting for the evaporation test to complete.

Didn't wash civic/miata as they aren't terrible...maybe Wednesday I will...gonna give pups a bath though they are long overdue for one. Haha.
sounds good on the fridge and donating clothes. mang i donated a bunch of kids clothes earlier this spring too to make room for dem. good to hear u got the miata's smog taken care too. have fun (?) washing da pups.. maybe not.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Those are great looking! Jealous!

I think that reviewer was measuring the bezel and not the case. With calipers you can get an accurate measuring of the case and that's what the industry goes by AFAIK. My watches measure correctly by using calipers on the cases where there aren't any protrusions.

Most watch companies give you the case diameter. Not sure why Casio lists there's differently.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
so tomorrow am going to work on my R.. not much of a project, just pulling out the clutch helper spring and install the ECS adjustable stopper given dat it's not raining. i need to take the car out onto the street to do the adjustable clutch stopper as i dont want to end up smacking into the garage wall (actually my tool case) if the clutch dont release and cant get the car out of gear. lol hahaha

if im on the street ill have enough room to blip the throttle enough to get the car out of gear even without clutch-in. den going to clean the inner glass on the GTI and do a quick fluid check on the GTI and GK.

maybe go out for a quick drive in the R during geezer hour.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Those are great looking! Jealous!

I think that reviewer was measuring the bezel and not the case. With calipers you can get an accurate measuring of the case and that's what the industry goes by AFAIK. My watches measure correctly by using calipers on the cases where there aren't any protrusions.

Most watch companies give you the case diameter. Not sure why Casio lists there's differently.
thanks. yah ill find out on Tuesday how it turns out. i measured my seiko as how the guy measured the casio's in the vid, and my watch appears to be fairly close in size so *should* fit me fine.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
which reminds me.. i need to find my watch band adjuster jig..

Old 07-02-2018, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
alright banged my knee against a door while getting up and been in great pain since last night. i asked my wife wat did i do to deserve dis karma? lol

not sure but to all faking losers out dere, i am sorry if i hurt ur softy pansies arse feelings. i do sincerely apologize for ur existence.

ok since i aplogized, i hope my knee is fixed by dis am.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
so dis am, going to start off by cleaning the GTI’s inner glass and check fluid levels, shoot a few rounds of sling shot with my kids, den proceed to the light mod on my R.

have a goood monday everyone!

Old 07-02-2018, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
So the only SMOG readiness check that isn't complete is the evaporation check...I've been reading conflicting reports of needing that to say complete....other state I can pass without that one. Waiting for my SMOG location to open so I can call and ask about it before wasting time to get it checks.

As for those watches I prefer the 1AV with the black face. Will work with more clothes.
My TAG has a blue face so I can only wear with certain outfits...plus it was my graduation gift from my dad and our colors were blue/gold at UCSD...so it makes sense.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
hope u get dat evaporation check cleared makes sense on ur tag!

yah, im going to use the EQS-800CDB-1AVCF while im out in my Golf-R. i wear blue pilot's in the R so should look fine, plus as u said, the blue isnt too crazy so will look okay with other clothes especially jeans. the R has a blue illumination theme.

i wear red and black pilot's in my STI so will wear the EQS-800CPB-1AVCF in dat car. should look pretty sharp.

im not wearing dese to work. these are just for the weekend. not dat im showing off anything, but my work everyone around my rank and above wears fancy things and at my age i rather not wear anything cheap if im not going to have something nice on.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
so i finished working on my GTI and GK. also pulled off the helper spring in the R. i noticed i already made an adjustable clutch stop out of misc parts i had.. wtf.. so i didnt need to buy one. lol oh well.

going to pull out my R in a bit since geezer hour!

Old 07-02-2018, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
got back from my relaxing drive. had a great time.

so i was in a merging lane at a light and an older targa (1980?) was reving his engine behind me so i took off thinking ill give him room too to merge behind me (was a V6 accord next to me so no threat).. i look back expecting him to be about a car length or so behind.. well, apparently he stalled. LOL oh well. haha!

cleaned the bugs off the front bumper when i got back. maybe ill get lucky and pull her out again tomorrow.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
so im still having robins crap on the GK, also a flock of sparrows mustve ate tacohell cause dey exploded over both the GK and GTI parked outside..lol wtf mang. i had like nearly 25 small bird spatter on my GTI. 5 areas were already etching into the clear.

faking non-edible birds i hate dem. im supposed to be getting a big windspinner later today, hope to mount dat next to my GK and put a few reflective streamers on it.

if it dont work im left with setting up traps and moving them to a forest preserve like 50 miles away. i use to catch birds for fun as a kid so dey're really messing with da wrong guy.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Want to borrow my BB gun? Red Rider can fix anything

Old 07-02-2018, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
yah if it wasnt in such crowded space i would! i dont want to kill them, just want to relocate dem far away.

im going to find the nest next which is in the tree across the street and break it apart given its waaay past the newborns.
im not going to let them think they are welcome to come back next spring.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
and i think im going to kill the short tree next to my GK..lol dat thing bears small berries the robins eat.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
alright another day off today so early am did a few house chores and will be pulling out my R in a bit per geezer hour. weather is perfect outside, well temp could be lower for me but ill take it. will do a shorter drive this am dan usual as im sure people are taking half days in prep for tomorrow so the roads will get congested before lunch time.

my kid made me big owl eyeballs on a cling sheet and applied it to the GK's roof. will check it out later if it helped deter birds.

i should be getting my casio's dis pm so will set those up. kinda excited.

have a great tuesday everyone!

Old 07-03-2018, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
Sucks about the birds man.

Finally drove the civic after installing the shifter parts. Shifter was nice to begin with....but now its just buttery smooth, short and crisp. Extremely happy with the result. Money well spent.

Also got the miata to pass Smog. Apparently the 'evaporation test' is the 1 test that 2000+ model years can have incomplete and still pass. Clearly a very common thing to have incomplete. This is great because now I can put the title in my name and attempt to sell it.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Drive safe.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Birds are...for the birds

Good to hear on the Miata! I bet it will sell quick. There's so much hype about Miata's that everyone wants one. May be the only car that the auto is less popular than manual though?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?