General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Nice, GLWS dude!

My Fit is cursed.

2017 - It ejects spark plug, gets side swiped & gets HUGE ding on fender (cause still unknown)
2018 -AC fails, hatch no longer opens (pull handle above license plate doesn't do anything)

If I actually wanted to stay at my job or just get another job in the private sector I'd replace the damn thing, alas....

Old 07-03-2018, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Yikes Mike! Maybe better to not see what 2019 has in store for the Fit?

I seem to recall others having an issue with the hatch release/handle. I don't think it's a hard fix.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
It used to get confused by the lock/unlock process, but would eventually work. Not so as of last night.

I'll not buy a Fit again, not because this car is bad luck, just because I've always hated the driving position across all three generations & the ride is quite poor.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
They took an awkward driving position in the GD and made it worse with each change to me. My Mom's GE has the same awkward driving position PLUS some of the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in. Our GD has the oddball driving position, but the seats are much better.

I was excited to see the guy who moved his steering wheel further out. Will be doing that to ours. That's my biggest gripe with the GD seating position. The wheel is just too far away. Shifter is in the right spot, pedals are OK, seat is a bit high, but not horrible. But, the steering wheel is comically far away.

The ride is a function of the short wheel base and light weight. The stiffer springs on the GD make the comfort worse, but the handling much better. When I drive my Mom's GE I can appreciate it's softer, but the handling in the GE just isn't there. Body roll is not something I want in a small hatch.

There are definitely much better platforms to start with.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah probably the 2 biggest reasons I wanted out of my GE. Seats were terrible and the ride comfort was non-existent.

Best of luck Mike410b.

Yeah Miata should sell...but it an Auto so that may hurt price and how fast it'll sell. Time will tell. Got plenty of pics...just need to post.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Sucks about the birds man.

Finally drove the civic after installing the shifter parts. Shifter was nice to begin with....but now its just buttery smooth, short and crisp. Extremely happy with the result. Money well spent.

Also got the miata to pass Smog. Apparently the 'evaporation test' is the 1 test that 2000+ model years can have incomplete and still pass. Clearly a very common thing to have incomplete. This is great because now I can put the title in my name and attempt to sell it.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Drive safe.
thanks for the sympathy.. lol so far my kid's EYEBALLZ are working! no bird shit on my GTI nor GK. going to ask him to make me another pair

good to hear on your miata! GLWS if u do decide to sell.

Originally Posted by GAFIT
Birds are...for the birds
yah, i think the only non-edible burd i like besides penguins are owls. cauze dey eat other birds

Originally Posted by mike410b
I'll not buy a Fit again, not because this car is bad luck, just because I've always hated the driving position across all three generations & the ride is quite poor.
i agree completely. while the GE was pretty decent with the tilted driver seat mod and spring mod on the gas pedal, its no comparison vs my Golfs.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
got back from my drive dis am in the Golf-R.. sooo nice so smooth so fast. luv this car mang. only thing i dont like are the super dusty brakes.. ive decided to get off my lazyarse though and clean da wheelz vs swapping to ceramics which are in my garage to preserve the max performance..

well, ash said i should get off my lazy j-arse so..

Old 07-03-2018, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
pelicans too.. dey eat other turds aka burds.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
woot, got my watches. was easy to set up and adjusted the metal band too on the silver one. it is a tad on da larger side, but i think it looks great.

going to head out with my younger slower kid (bicycle) in a bit to gently rehab my right knee dat i banged up the other night. going to wear the black/red watch actually my tern is silver/blue theme so i should wear the silver one.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
The ride is a function of the short wheel base and light weight. The stiffer springs on the GD make the comfort worse, but the handling much better. When I drive my Mom's GE I can appreciate it's softer, but the handling in the GE just isn't there. Body roll is not something I want in a small hatch.
I blame the not so independent rear suspension/front struts, my S2000 is just as short, low, similar weight, stiff tire sidewalls,etc....and is significantly more comfortable.

Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah probably the 2 biggest reasons I wanted out of my GE. Seats were terrible and the ride comfort was non-existent.

Best of luck Mike410b.
Thanks dawg!

Originally Posted by kenchan
i agree completely. while the GE was pretty decent with the tilted driver seat mod and spring mod on the gas pedal, its no comparison vs my Golfs.
For sure!

Old 07-03-2018, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
ken I never said anything about lazy arse's or j-something. It's good to hear you are working on your R's hygiene. ;-P

Have a good day folks.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
ash- yah, we all knowz how u felt on da inside. lol haha

it was a joke.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I blame the not so independent rear suspension/front struts,
I used to have a Nissan specV with a beam rear. Rode great and handled very well. Even with stiff coilovers it was fine with the beam rear.

There was a guy with the nickname "disco potato" that popularized a particular Garrett turbo that now carries that nickname. It spanked a whole field of big dollar cars all with the beam rear intact.

I do agree about the ride quality. If it's not the wheelbase and it's not the beam, maybe it's too short of available suspension travel due to a design that optimized space instead of suspension geometry?

Old 07-03-2018, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
alright back from knee therapy.. aka riding my bike slow behind my younger kid. it was so slow and boring i was texting while cycling, downloaded an app, registered it, etc. doing everything dey taught u NOT to do while driving.

so da app i downloaded was a bicycle tracking app.. it tracked our speed via gps, lap times, etc .. 12.6mph lol..no wonder so srow. but my kid had a blast and i confirmed my knee is okay so its all good. even charged my new watch via solar

Old 07-03-2018, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
gafit- yah, the nissan multi-beam suspensions were actually pretty good back then
it was before the french guy took over

Nissan Primera had those and did well in the touring car races too.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
ash- yah, we all knowz how u felt on da inside. lol haha

it was a joke.
Why yes I know. Even us oldsters can pick up on sarcasm & jokes. Damn I hope I don't get reincarnated into a bird. If I do me & my flock will be flocking with your cars.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
ash- ill be ready..!!

so i made a pair of bright yellow/black owl eye ballz and part of nose out of vinyl on polycarbonate sheet. and applied heavy duty magnets to attach to car. seems to work better dan the squiggly reflectors on my trees.. *facepalm* my kid's static cling eye ballz are working great too so far!

Old 07-03-2018, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
I used to have a Nissan specV with a beam rear. Rode great and handled very well. Even with stiff coilovers it was fine with the beam rear.

There was a guy with the nickname "disco potato" that popularized a particular Garrett turbo that now carries that nickname. It spanked a whole field of big dollar cars all with the beam rear intact.

I do agree about the ride quality. If it's not the wheelbase and it's not the beam, maybe it's too short of available suspension travel due to a design that optimized space instead of suspension geometry?
Maybe? Now that I think about it, my old Fiesta rode much more comfortably than the Fit.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
when i had the swifts on the GE it was actually pretty good.. also those coilovers i had on the GD.

but the stock spring/damper is a bad combo indeed.. no thanks to all da fatarses out dere, honda was forced to run oversprung spring rates. da tolerance we must have for fat people.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
btw dat was a joke to be pc.. not dat im running for anything.

and my jumbo dog and chili just arrived.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?