General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wat da heck does handling marks look like? wtf mang. my wheels have zero handling marks watever dafaq dat means.

woooot got back from my drive. i think i like my Golf-R better. lol

Old 07-07-2018, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
while motoring my STI got caught into a caravan of porsches, ferrari's, lambo, and R8.. waz like i need to get dafaq out of da lane cause i felt super out of place.

super car - super car - super car - poor folk oriental family sedan - super car - super car - super car - super car..

stuck out like a sore thumb

Old 07-07-2018, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
so with all dis talk about 25% tax on imported cars i should get my DSG-R sooner dan later, i thinks..

going price $42000 x 25% = $52500 LOL! im not paying over $50K for a Golf-R..
i can buy the DSG-R now and put $10K in mods. ..or..

buy DSG-R now and get a $10K bicycle! .. k, maybe not..

Old 07-07-2018, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
alright, my owl face material arrived so made a few more and attached to my GTI.

den headed out to lunch with the wife in da GK. lunch was goood. went to my usual j-restaurant. afterwards got some nice j-cake for some pm snacking.

but before dat, i need to head out for one more errand in da GK and will go stick da car through the auto carwash afterwards.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
woot something good happened today.. well, many good things happened today but dis is a rare one cause nothing good usually happens for my GK..

i was at the gas station pumping gas and the pump asked CAR WASH TODAY? so i pushed YES and it asked WHICH WASH? so i chose SILVER WASH ... nothing happens and screen showed calling attendant. but no response. im like wtf? so tried again.. same thing.

so da 3rd time when it asked WHICH WASH? i pushed the button for an arrow pointing the wrong direction and walla! SILVER WASH enabled.. filled up, about to leave the pump to get my car wash and da attendant walks up asking 'may i help u sir, you called for the attendant?' so told him wat happened and he goes 'ok sorry for dat, im going to give u a FREE SILVER WASH today!' im like really? awesome!

so got my free wash + the code for next time. GK is 'clean' for a normal folk. plenty for my wife. she's happy so im happy.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
time for cake.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
He said "no marks besides from handling". I'm assuming that means no curb rash and only potential marks from mounting tires but we all know what happens we you assume.
Paint scratches around the lug nut holes?

Old 07-07-2018, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Shinjari yes I sold my Miata. My back road car is now exclusively my GTI, it does well & doesn't beat me up. I did 250 miles today, I'm tired, but the Miata would have killed me.

Sorry about you car Mike. I like all creatures great & small. I'd be an unhappy guy if some dogs did that to my car. Glad you got most of the marks out.

I had a close encounter with a buzzard today. Came over a blind crest & he was eating his lunch in the middle of my lane. I hammered the brakes & he just missed being taken out. As he flew up his left wing went whap whap whap across the side of the car. I stopped & checked, no damage just some interesting marks in the dust. I swear he must have thought I was you ken. LOL!

Old 07-07-2018, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
lol’ed .. haha!

Old 07-07-2018, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Paint scratches around the lug nut holes?
yah, that dont happen on my wheels either. masking tape or plastic sleeve on sockets.

i would never buy used wheels unless it was from one of my local car buddies.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
another clear am to motor my STI, followed by QD and washing my GTI dis am.

have a great sunday everyone!!

Old 07-08-2018, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah not sure what handling marks would be...still awaiting a reply with pics and clarification on 'handling marks'.

Still haven't bit the bullet on the rear sway though either. Waiting to hear back from another guy selling his.

GTI is great for motoring Ash =)

And great point Kenchan about potential tariffs...may have to get that R sooner than later!

Oil change and rotation for the Civic today. Hit 5% on the minder and 7500 miles, a nice number to remember haha. Maybe install my 15mm spacers I bought ages ago to see what those konigs would look like offset-wise since I'm already under there doing the rotation.

Drove up to meet my Aunt, Uncle (guy with the s2000) and cousin who were in the area for some water polo tournament. I got a cool 41.3mpg on the way up cruising at 70-75mph. Probably the best I've gotten on the car.

Aunt and uncle both drove the Civic and practically fell in love. Wouldn't be surprised if there was one in their future. Haha.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah not sure what handling marks would be...still awaiting a reply with pics and clarification on 'handling marks'.

Still haven't bit the bullet on the rear sway though either. Waiting to hear back from another guy selling his.

GTI is great for motoring Ash =)

And great point Kenchan about potential tariffs...may have to get that R sooner than later!

Oil change and rotation for the Civic today. Hit 5% on the minder and 7500 miles, a nice number to remember haha. Maybe install my 15mm spacers I bought ages ago to see what those konigs would look like offset-wise since I'm already under there doing the rotation.

Drove up to meet my Aunt, Uncle (guy with the s2000) and cousin who were in the area for some water polo tournament. I got a cool 41.3mpg on the way up cruising at 70-75mph. Probably the best I've gotten on the car.

Aunt and uncle both drove the Civic and practically fell in love. Wouldn't be surprised if there was one in their future. Haha.
Tariffs have already taken effect with China. We're in the midst of a trade war with ALL of the most powerful economies in the world.

This will only go poorly.

Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, that dont happen on my wheels either. masking tape or plastic sleeve on sockets.

i would never buy used wheels unless it was from one of my local car buddies.
I'm talking where the lug nut seats. As it spins against the paint.

I've bought a bunch of used wheels, had issues a couple times but also found some great deals on stuff I could've NEVER afforded.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yeah where the conical part of the lug seats against the wheel that makes sense. Fortunately those should be hidden with the lug.

As for tariffs...good thing I don't need a new car any time soon?

Almost at the 2 year mark of this HISTORIC presidency...2 years can't go by fast enough.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yeah where the conical part of the lug seats against the wheel that makes sense. Fortunately those should be hidden with the lug.

As for tariffs...good thing I don't need a new car any time soon?

Almost at the 2 year mark of this HISTORIC presidency...2 years can't go by fast enough.
hahahah yep to the last two.

And exactly. My Advans have a big spot where the lugs have removed all the paint around the lug hole.

But they're all covered when the wheel is on, so I'm okay with it.

I ordered a frame for one of my five or six prints that I've had sitting around for a year plus.

Someday I'll get them all framed, probably 2023.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- sound good on the civic, 41.3 mpg is GK territory. and GK isnt fun at all to drive. lol.

actually i saw that exact white civic-sport this am during my drive. dat is a sharp looking ride fosho. i honestly think the civic-hatch sport look da best out of all the civics including the CTR/Si in this gen.

mike- yah, if its the actual taper of the bores den no issue. and can understand buying 2nd hand i suppose..

Old 07-08-2018, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
got back from my drive in the STI, was a good drive ..unlike shinjari's civic, my STI can only do about 23mpg at best and $50 to fill. haha.

got back, qd'ed the STI and washed my GTI afterwards. mang i hate washing a black car in the sun cause i have to go SO FAST in order not to spot the paint. but got the job done.

den my kid wanted me to help him do maintenance on his bicycle so helped him out. usual minor stuff, washing the entire bike, washing off the chain and relube, brake/gear cable adjustment, re-greasing, fixed a few areas dat needed attention due to his 2 major crashes. lol, took a good 1.5hr to do cause i was teaching him how to do it. He took it out for a quick test ride and was very pleased how quiet and refreshed/smooth his bike felt.

now relaxing and waiting for noodles..

Old 07-08-2018, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, and zero bird crappage since owl face eyeballz and huge windspinner on my lawn

Old 07-08-2018, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Nice work on the bike Kenchan. Nothing like teaching a new skill.

Mike410b tell me about it...I got some pics I'd love to frame...just time and other priorities.

Finished tire rotation, installed 15mm spacers and did oil change. Man those spacers were snug for the hub centric portion. No poke with some room to spare which is perfect...just need drop....those wheel gaps are huge. OEM was 18x8 +50...so now with spacers I'm at 18x8 +35mm which is great as thats what I'm primarily looking at size wise. Those Konig Ultraforms are 18x8.5 +35 so they will be 6mm wider on each side so I'm sure with a drop I'd be flush.

Wonder if I should get OEM splash guards or rallyarmor flaps. Tires look like they will give more kick up now with their offset.

Neat thing about the OEM wheels is that the area where the lug seats is not painted.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
yah, just needs a slight drop and should look nice. how does it look from the rear? usually factory wheels/tires are too narrow to run aggressive offsets but with a drop might look okay.

as for mudflaps.. yuk if da car did not come with a set, id just keep it off. especially those rally type mudflaps looks like shit on street cars imho.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?