General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Well my year they didn't offer but 2018 they offered OEM flaps.

I'll get a shot from the back later.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
like this? yah keep it off.. those things are so ugly imho.. well not my car so.

https://www.civicx.com/attachments/35550/

Old 07-08-2018, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
been shopping for fake plants... yah, im not a plant person, but need more green on my porch.

my pops forced me while young to help his gardening hobby and i planted all the plants ill ever plant in my entire life already. lol sure he gave me generous tips but fak mang.. i hate gardening and yard work now

Old 07-08-2018, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
its been a week since i got the EDIFICE (aka cheezo casio) watches and im pretty happy with dem. both are fully charged from normal use, time is accurate for an entry watch. the black finish is strong but the silver one is a tad soft on the band. the housing seems to be durable but the band is already showing some minor scratches. the black one comes with a rubber/plastic band so no issue.

for comparison, i use my seiko the same way and its been like 4-5yrs, no scratch on its anodized black finish. i think most of the scratch is coming from when im typing on my MBP.. MBP's finish is super strong.

yah, for the price id buy again

Old 07-08-2018, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Good looking faux plants can get expensive! BUT I totally agree about plant maintenance....im sick of it lol.

So I tried to get a rear pic to show how the stance is but just don't have the right camera for it. I went to look at swifts again and began to think of their spring rate since its their Spec-R line and technically for the SI.

Spec-R states they get the most out of the stock dampers. Well we know the SI has that adaptive/active suspension.

OEM Hatch back - 130F/160R lb/in
SI OEM - 145F/208R
Swift - 212F/307R

Thats almost double the spring rate of my current setup which seems a tad...much. I'm gonna message Swift to see if they are usable on non-SI models. If not...then son of a...I'm back to considering Eibach Pros, H&R, RSR, Vogtland, skunk2, D2...

Old 07-09-2018, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member
dat does seem a bit too high for your stock dampers..

Old 07-09-2018, 06:21 AM
5 Year Member
another day at da office. hope it goes by real quick.

no car action today besides commuting in my freshly washed GTI.

have a good monday everyone!

Old 07-09-2018, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't do mudflaps.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Monday....back to the grind.

Seems the consensus is no mudflaps.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Just catching up with everyone...

kenchan - I went through a beater wash this weekend also....with the Golf. It's our version of your GK. There's no saving the sh!tty factory paint so might as well give as little effort as possible to keep it presentable.

I completely agree that the Civic hatch sport is the best looking version of the current Civic.

shinjari- spacers look great! Agree that all it needs is a slight drop and I'd skip the mudflaps unless you find the paint is getting overly marred with chips.

We went to Kentucky and back this weekend to meet up with the grandparents. From here that means a trip over the mountains. Golf did great again! At about 26k miles now.

My only concern is that there's getting to be a fair amount of slop in the transmission. On acceleration and deceleration with it staying in gear there's some slop. It feels the same as having worn u-joints in a rear drive car. It's not horrible. I just hope it doesn't get worse. I wonder if it somehow did it to itself with it's jerky downshifts when in sport mode.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
oh mang i’ve driven from Atlanta airport to Louisville last spring and it was beautiful.

have u cked if 034 makes dog bones for your Golf? i use one on my GTI and R and it stiffens up the tranny to engine mount and no added vibration. gets rid of tranny slop and wheel hop too on the GTI.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
yah, ive driven from ATL to SDF in the spring/early summer time for biz and it was beautiful out dere.

have u checked if 034 makes dogbones mount inserts for ur golf? i use dem on my GTI and R and it helps minimize the slop without adding any unwanted vibration. even on my DSG i could tell dat the shifts got crisper especially between 1-2 might be worth a look.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah the dogbone/u-joints seem like a likely culprit. Reminds me of my RC cars where there would end up having slop at those points after use haha.

Finally got pics of the Konig Ultraform wheels from the seller. Lemme know what you guys think.

Lemme preface by saying he said the car/wheels were dirty. Only wheel I felt had questions (which i asked about) was the driver rear. The barrel looked weird (dirty?). Also seems like theres some tool marks from the lug tool/socket. Kinda a bummer...but not the end of the world.

Driver front

Driver Rear

Passenger Front

Passenger Rear

Old 07-09-2018, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
how much are these wheels new and the sellers asking price?

yah dey are dirty and honestly i’d buy new.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
If I were kenchan rich I'd be buying me some BBS, Volks, SSR, Advans, Titan7s etc

But due to SoCal living costs....despite my above avg median household salary I can't justify >$1k on wheels. Especially to the 'boss' haha. Happy wife happy life and she's totally happy with the car as-is so....new wheels are just a cherry on top if I can get a good price on them. Not to mention OEM wheel is ~30lbs and the Konigs at ~19lbs so ~10lbs savings per corner would be legit.

These new would be about $200/ea + tax. So ~$900.

Seller is asking $650 shipped to my door, I might even try to ask for $575-$600. Saving ~$250-$325 I can overlook the lug marks (mainly on that one wheel, can't really see on others) and a little dirt don't hurt.

He did preface his delay on pics with "the car is dirty, if you are ok with dirty pics I can send pics. *dirty wheel pics*". My concern is the back of that barrel of that one wheel...if thats dirt or some crazy scratches. That I'm not sure I can overlook.

Buy me some wheels Kenchan

Old 07-09-2018, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
hummmm... but the factory wheels look so nice on ur ride..! lol sure 10lbs difference of unsprung weight is HUGEGANGEOUS but..

i mean if ure willing to try it the scratch on the barrel (inside) you can paint later.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
That sounds like a decent deal shinjari and the condition is good for used. Most people just don't know or care how to take care of their stuff. Those aren't bad.

That -10 lbs per corner should give a noticeable improvement in handling.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Those look pretty decent to me. If you like them, I see no reason not to.

But I'm driving this around (I went to a cookout & a friend randomly came across my car, snapped a really quick pic with his nice camera).

Old 07-10-2018, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
shinjari looks like a GO from da team.

alright another quick day at da office.

have a good tuesday everyone!!

Old 07-10-2018, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Good morning gents.

Well I got 'clean' pictures of the wheels and they were just dirty lol.

He cleaned them and took more detailed pics for me.

No tool marks around lugs, barrel was just dusty. Now to see if he'll take $600 for them haha.

Mike410b - I've always thought about running 2 different color wheels....1 set on one side one set on the other haha. Either set of the wheels you have look great on your s2k man. Really clean look.

In regards to suspension I found a SI RSB for $60 that my buddy in phoenix is gonna pick up for me and bring to Cali when he visits later this month. But no reply from Swift regarding spring rates. =/

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?