General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 12:15 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
u know VW did terribly for June sales... less dan 3000 units sold all Golfs combined. wtf

and i’m sitting here wondering when my blue DSG-R is going to be in stock..

Old 07-13-2018, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
so looks like i got a honda oil filter, random bottles of 0w20 (lol) and wiper inserts so guess i’ll let my kid do da oil change.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
ford is still ripping it up with deir 79k+ sales with F series for june. dogdamn. datz more dan all deir sedans and hatches combined! nearly double. no wonder dey are the trucking company.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
alright so da only thing i’m waiting on for my porch is da bench. yah got a nice metal one coming. i guess i spent more like $500 not $200 on my porch in the last week.. trying not to think cause

Old 07-13-2018, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
$500 won’t even buy me one wheel..

Old 07-13-2018, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
NA EJ25 blow their head gaskets all the time. The FA20 is the better engine.
Yeah, I've said this same thing before. The head gasket failure rate is basically 100%. Just varies based on mileage. Almost none make it to 100k miles which is like break in for a Honda or Toyota.

The turbo EJ25's do great as long as you don't push it over 400 whp. Really, that's pretty darn good power from a 4-cylinder. Especially one that was designed like 2 decades ago.

The FA20 is the better engine because it was developed way, way later. I wonder if there's any way the next STI could be an FA25?

Once again, I'm not hating on the current STI. It's pretty darn impressive for an old design and has tons of character.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
ford is still ripping it up with deir 79k+ sales with F series for june. dogdamn. datz more dan all deir sedans and hatches combined! nearly double. no wonder dey are the trucking company.
Possibly even more impressive given that GM and Ram have new models that it's competing with. Plus the Ford's are more expensive when directly compared.

My choice between any of them would either be a 5.0 F150 ('18+ 5.0 is a killer) or a 2500 Ram with the 6.4. My last choice would be a Chevy with the 5.3. The LS motor is amazing, but that version is anemic and boring to drive. Especially with the cylinder deactivation.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Yeah, I've said this same thing before. The head gasket failure rate is basically 100%. Just varies based on mileage. Almost none make it to 100k miles which is like break in for a Honda or Toyota.

The turbo EJ25's do great as long as you don't push it over 400 whp. Really, that's pretty darn good power from a 4-cylinder. Especially one that was designed like 2 decades ago.

The FA20 is the better engine because it was developed way, way later. I wonder if there's any way the next STI could be an FA25?

Once again, I'm not hating on the current STI. It's pretty darn impressive for an old design and has tons of character.
I think it has to. The FA20 WRX is already about as quick in a straight line as the STI & gets much, much better fuel mileage (well 10-20% better). I imagine the torque hunger in the US will force a 2.5l varient for the STI. (Nothing wrong with current STI, just speculation)

NA EJ25 are garbage. My brother's car has 70k gentle miles (its a stock station wagon in great condition with an auto trans) and the head gaskets are already shot. Before he bought it I warned him, DON'T BUY A CAR WITHOUT RECEIPTS FOR A NEW HEAD GASKET IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS/5000 MILES. He bought a car without that, but a new timing belt six months ago.

The head gasket started to bugger itself less than 2000 miles later.

Last edited by mike410b; 07-13-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
ud be an ignorant idiot if one said that the current STI is garbage. thing is an impressive machine for those looking at traditional j-sport compact with refinement. and as u all know i’m no subie fanboy or anything like dat. not advanced like Golf-R or RS or CTR even as far as tech but mang thing is a raw piece of machinery from da good ol JDM dayz

i don’t know much about fords but i know for certain dey da king in trucks.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
da current STI is closer to ur S2K in feel vs a modern day sport compact like the Golf-R.

i mean anyone dat appreciate late 90’s to 2010 sport compacts would appreciate the current STI. that is where da car stands. it’s not a modern day advanced machine. but that is wat makes the car fun.

hell i could go buy a CTR on da way home today if i wanted, but it’s not going to replace my STI. it is completely different.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
as for the WRX.. why buy a wrx when u can have a STI and make up all sorts of excuses convincing ur selves why u made a ‘better’ decision. i don’t get it. who cares about mpg. also the JDM STI has da 2L turbo. if the USDM one came with that engine i wouldn’t mind, i’d get it but it’ll be damn sure it’s an STI.

at this point if i was in a maket for a STI id get da RA. but i’m not buying any more of these kinds of cars so my STI is da last car for me. and for me 30k miles is da max id ever put into these cars.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
I'd buy the WRX myself. I wouldn't troll the internet and tell people it's better than the STI like many do, but I'd pick it because of the more modern designed engine.

Keep in mind that your use and mine are different. I need mine to handle a bunch of miles because I drive them and keep them long term. The WRX is the better bet for that purpose.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
One man's sweet ride is another mans garbage. Lots of opinions out there. It would be a darned boring world if we all liked the same things. Different strokes my friend.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
yah dem mk6 GTI were pretty crappy.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
I'd buy the WRX myself. I wouldn't troll the internet and tell people it's better than the STI like many do, but I'd pick it because of the more modern designed engine.

Keep in mind that your use and mine are different. I need mine to handle a bunch of miles because I drive them and keep them long term. The WRX is the better bet for that purpose.
i can understand dat, i wanted the STI for its old skool engine and hydraulic steering oh and MT. this was da last modern day car with old tech so grabbed one before it was gone. not dat i would keep the car any more than 6-7 yrs. lol i buy cars cause i want it and enjoy it and move on.

for long distance i would get something more comfy and luxurious.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
for long distance i would get something more comfy and luxurious.
Funny...that's what I did. Test drove the WRX and then went and bought a Lincoln. LOL

What's even funnier is that my Lincoln runs 12's in the quarter, is AWD, and gets about the same fuel mileage as the WRX. Just happens to also pamper the heck out of it's occupants.

Not that I wouldn't like to have an STI in garage also

Old 07-13-2018, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
sure! hell datz a good choice. wrx and STI are only great at wat they do. it’s not an all rounder car like ur Lincoln or even my Golf-R.

the issue is dat these jack of all trades cars like my GolfR are faster and better dan ever before so no meaning geting dedicated ‘hobby’ cars unless one absolutely wanted one to play with. well the STI came first to me so i just kept it in my garage. lol

Old 07-13-2018, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
This could be one of us in the not so distant future...

Old 07-13-2018, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
This could be one of us in the not so distant future...
yah, ash.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
alright got home, vac'ed da hauz and worked on da porch with my kids. turned our real nice and my faux plants are now in der planters...

but i have a feeling da draining of the base foam may not be enough so will need to see later dis fall whether i need to mod it or not. its really the faux plant dat is expensive (not really) so as long as i can replant it to another pot im fine.

finally done for da weekend!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?