General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 10:49 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
shinjari- yah, dat green color is pretty crazy indeed! if i get one im just going to drive it completely stock.. well, ill do tint and the gas pedal adapter to move it closer to da brake pedal but dat's it.

thanks for da input on the blue wrx, and hope u find a solution for ur springs.

ash- haha, yah no more of dese types of cars for me. im just getting a little too old for crazy sport compacts, ya know. i dont want the attention. im more a Golf-R kinda guy. lol

Old 07-22-2018, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
ken, why not just roll around in the GTI? I'm not sure I understand having two WRX, two Golf R or the like?

Old 07-22-2018, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
I looked at the blue CTR, a Golf R, and a Charger 392 Scat Pack this weekend.

Still have the Lincoln.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
I drove the S2000 through a Toyota lot hoping to peep the new Corolla hatchback.

No dice. Salesman did shout 'nice car' at me.

This car is getting more & more attention lately.

I imagine it'll get more once I have the CP035 on. Hm.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
ken, why not just roll around in the GTI? I'm not sure I understand having two WRX, two Golf R or the like?
yah u need to read da thread to follow along i guess. lol

Old 07-23-2018, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
oh yah da GK’s cabin filter arrived today. will let my kid do da swap tomorrow.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
all weekend long weather was crappy and now monday comes and it is sunny. lol

oh well. have a good monday everyone!

Old 07-23-2018, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I agree with you Mike. But we all like different things. At one time I owned three MG's & enough spare parts to build a fourth one. At the time it made perfect sense, but looking back it was crazy.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah u need to read da thread to follow along i guess. lol
ken- I have a short attention span. You change your mind like wind, from one day to the next. It's fun trying to keep up with you. Thanks for the fun.

Spent all day yesterday doing a deep cleaning & detail of the GTI yesterday. Today it rains & I need to take my clean car out in it. Doh! ;-)

Old 07-23-2018, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
I'm following you ken! We have different tastes, but are both in search of automotive nirvana.

I'd say we both know it doesn't exist, but it's fun chasing the dream.

In my case a limiting factor is budget. Most of what I like is out of my price range. Closest I've seen so far to what I like within reason is probably the specialty Charger models. Like the 392 Daytona. Just wish the interior plastics weren't horrible and that the predicted reliability wasn't predetermined by being an FCA product. They really just don't make quality/reliable products. They do a darn good job with fun though.

485 hp, rear drive, 4-door, big displacement v8, spacious interior, luxury amenities...what's not to love? Well, if it were made better and 500 lbs lighter it would be perfect, but then it would be an M5, E63, CTS-V and cost over $100,000.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
GAFIT, Ken, Mike, Shinjari we are all car guys & will always be looking. When I stop doing that I'm most likely dead. ;-)

Old 07-23-2018, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Yep, no doubt.

I've slowed on my looking, in that all I look at are boring daily things & even then never seriously contemplate anything. Coming up on four years with the GE and 2.5 with the AP1, probably looking at another 3-4 of this combo minimum. I'm okay with it, swapping cars is just a moneypit.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
True Mike! Just keeping up with the current ones isn't cheap.

On that note...my Battery Tender is apparently dead. It makes a pop sound when I plug it in and trips the circuit breaker in the garage. Yikes! This is the last/newest of about 4 that I've owned over the past 20 or so years.

Should I stick with the actual Battery Tender brand or anyone have a better suggestion?

Old 07-23-2018, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
da issue i have is parking space. i just don’t have enough and too lazy to move now dat my kids will only be with us for a handful more yrs and deyre off to college and living out on deir own soon after cause i am kicking dem out of da hauz at 22 for their own good.

so i am giving up my GTI to replace with a cheepo MT car i can let my kids use when i’m not. but don’t want to get just any crap.. it has to have some meaning to me as i am giving it a special spot on my driveway. lol

so wrx or civic-si or BRZ.. dose are my choices and i honestly do not want da brz unless Ts. and da Ts is kinda out dere so not sure. im not looking for a car to replace my STI or Golf-R. i’m looking for a reliable beater my self and kids can use for a while.

da other issue is insurance. lol not cheap for kids. datz deir problem. dey can work and figure it out with me or just drive mom’s boring car.

as for money pit.. da hell do u think y i work so damn hard? lol want more car? work harder to earn moar! well dat is my philosophy.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
yah gafit ure with da american muscle cars crowd more so dan sport compacts.
i’ve always been a fan of sport compacts especially hatchbacks to be exact.

my next car will most likely be a Mk8 Golf-R.. if available in MT.
while i like fast street cars i don’t need it to have huge power cause i’m only driving street. and too much power makes it too boring to drive. 0-60 4sec is plenty for me.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT

Should I stick with the actual Battery Tender brand or anyone have a better suggestion?
i use da battery tender Jr with much success but i too had to replace mine after about 10 yrs. mine did not trip da breaker but wouldn’t charge.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
True Mike! Just keeping up with the current ones isn't cheap.

On that note...my Battery Tender is apparently dead. It makes a pop sound when I plug it in and trips the circuit breaker in the garage. Yikes! This is the last/newest of about 4 that I've owned over the past 20 or so years.

I have a CTEK tender thing, they make the OEM battery tenders for the NSX, so it must be okay.

Originally Posted by kenchan
da issue i have is parking space. i just don’t have enough and too lazy to move now dat my kids will only be with us for a handful more yrs and deyre off to college and living out on deir own soon after cause i am kicking dem out of da hauz at 22 for their own good.

so i am giving up my GTI to replace with a cheepo MT car i can let my kids use when i’m not. but don’t want to get just any crap.. it has to have some meaning to me as i am giving it a special spot on my driveway. lol

so wrx or civic-si or BRZ.. dose are my choices and i honestly do not want da brz unless Ts. and da Ts is kinda out dere so not sure. im not looking for a car to replace my STI or Golf-R. i’m looking for a reliable beater my self and kids can use for a while.

da other issue is insurance. lol not cheap for kids. datz deir problem. dey can work and figure it out with me or just drive mom’s boring car.

as for money pit.. da hell do u think y i work so damn hard? lol want more car? work harder to earn moar! well dat is my philosophy.
Hm. In that case I'd just get the Civic Si, it is the best on gas, most comfortable & easiest to drive.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be very tempted by the Civic Si if a 2-door worked for my needs. It's a whole lot of car for the money.

I just asked a buddy who has about 3 trucks, 4 cars and at least 6 motorcycles what he uses for tenders. He also said CTEK. I'll look into those.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
got a hold of my guy at subaru cking on pricing and availability.

yah da biggest issue i have is it being FWD.. wheel spin is so annoying.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
ken- your left foot is the traction control switch. Use it. LOL.... I know that is hard to do. Seems mine doesn't work all the time.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?