General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 10:05 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ash- yah good advise. i think i’m going to install dem just for the sake of teaching my kid how to do it, but will do a temporary install so that i can easily remove it as needed. basically don’t go crazy on zip tying everything.

and later order da oem ones if i decide to keep DRL’s.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
shinjari no need to rush. ur factory wheels look good.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
My thoughts exactly Kenchan. Good luck with the DRL's hope they work out.

ASH - what lens/camera?

Old 08-09-2018, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Tree is gone! Roof is tarped. Now I just need the contractor to provide the quote to the insurance company, get their approval, and get them out here to fix the house.

I'm not taking my usual approach of studying things, researching, etc. I just want normal back ASAP.

kenchan, I have a feeling that your version of a temp install still exceeds most peoples idea of a permanent one

shinjari, smart not to get into a rush. That being said, my quick decisions sometimes work better than my elaborate plans.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome on the house! Yeah I have this thing about researching for hours on end on whatever I'm buying in the hopes of minimizing the potential issues/buyers remorse. As a coworker called it....analysis paralysis. I mean....my hang up was 1) the $$$ and 2) the 3mm difference of the 8.5 +35 vs the 9 +38. Just wanted to ensure I didnt have any poke/rubbing. So i think I'm gonna get me a pair of 5mm spacers to just visualize what the new wheels would be like. Then when the next coupon comes up I'll be ready.

Speaking of trees, our neighbor has this giant tree on the corner of their property that hangs over my property...it makes a mess...but provides decent shade...

Old 08-09-2018, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Glad the tree is gone GAFIT. Soon you will be back to normal.

Ken if you can do a temp install go for it. I envisioned it was more of a permanent thing that couldn't be reversed once installed.

Shinjari wating is the right thing to do if you have questions about their fit. You do not want to spend large $$$ & not be happy.

I'm shooting with Fuji XT-2 & XE-1 mirrorless cameras. I'm looking for either a 50mm f2 or 60mm f2.8 macro. This is not a need just a want.

Please excuse the potato cam picture.

Last edited by ashchuckton; 08-09-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
gafit- sounds good on ur roof. hope u get that repaired soon! before next storm.

well i was thinking i’d install the DRL without removing the bumper and letting the wires just dangle within reason and drive around like dat for a few weeks.

ash- yah it’s a bezel swap type install so going back to stock is literally just replacing the bezels and yanking out the wires. no permanent drilling or anything like dat.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
nice camera u got there! my pops use mirror less and he takes some amazing shots from top of mountains.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
alright installed the STI DRL with my kid strictly for teaching purposes.. let him play with it a little bit with the wiring and all.. he did well, everything worked, closed da hood, took a few snaps and removed it completely. LOL. haha ash is right, i could never like pos 'style' garbage from china. lol i hear one of his friends or his brother got a 15 WRX so will see if he wants it for super cheap. at least we know it functions.. albeit kinda cheezily..

i decided i rather not have DRL all together on my STI for old skool sake.

so we headed out to da driveway to work on da WRX. got a perrin shifter stop for it. the store's ad said it fits all 2018+ WRX so i got dat, but when my son read the instructions it said it wont fit cars with the factory STI short shifter. wtf mang.. i was about to pull up the shifter ring when my son told me.. just in time.

ordered the correct shifter stop along with evil's throttle voltage multiplier.. both expected to arrive saturday so will continue the venture den. da WRX's throttle response is just too damn srow. the multiplier will cause the throttle to input more vs pedal movement so will use dat until cobb releases the AP for my car which can still take months. hope it fits though. lol

Old 08-10-2018, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member
happy friday everyone! another half day for me. looking forward to doing some more work in da garage this pm.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
factory STI short shifter.
Nice that yours came with the STI shifter. Was it a dealer add on?

A few years ago I looked at a new WRX that had quite a few dealer installed goodies. Shifter, exhaust, kicker speakers, etc. Kind of neat that some dealers still do that stuff.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
it was preinstalled at da factory.. but the thing is, it is nowhere as solid as the factory short shifter in my STI. kinda confused.

this is why i want to add the shifter stop and bushing on the WRX. no need for one in my STI.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
alright got tracking numbers for the correct shift shop and throttle pedal voltage multiplier. looking forward to installing both tomorrow.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
fak.. wont be getting my voltage multiplier cause air emergency in seattle.
da faking tolerance we must have for faking stupid.

so it looks like i will only be able to work on the shifter stop today.

anyway pulling out my STI in a bit for some motoring fun.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 08-11-2018, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Had an odd thing happen to my GTI yesterday. Got caught in a downpour so I switched my lights on & got a bulb out warning. After I drove out of the storm I pulled over & did a walk around. No lights out? Figured I'd plug my reader in when I got home to see If I could figure it out. Stopped to fuel up & when I restarted my car no bulb out warning? Ever seen that on any of your Golf's guys?

Old 08-11-2018, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
ash - hummm... ive been in a down pour in my ex-GTI numerous times, but did not have this issue. maybe the sudden change in temp caused condensation inside the lamp or bulb and changed the resistance throwing a code.. (?) but if those are incandescent bulbs, might be just near end of its life and needs replacement. i would also check for any water on the harness but if the code cleared id probably just let it go until it happens next time.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
alright got back from motoring my STI, had a great time. QD'ed the side mirrors and front bumper. also checked how the WRX's clearbra is drying. not too bad, still got a few more areas that needs moisture to work itself out. overall looks pretty good but the film came with a few repeating folds (damaged) where da adhesive appears to have separated from the film causing minor air pockets about the size of 0.3mm x 3mm in 2 spots. itll go undetected to most people, but i know its dere.. hummmm... i sent the store a picture of wat i received and will see if they'll send me a replacement. not that id replace it right away, but maybe next year.

alright, da shifter stop and bushing arrived for the WRX so will install dat after lunch with da kid.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
i just realized i forgot to wipe down the windshield on my STI.. not dat its too critical if im going to pull it out again tomorrow. havent driven my Golf-R in over 2 weeks so should pull her out tomorrow.. hummm

Old 08-11-2018, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
I figure it was just the light bulb nanny throwing a hissy fit for some reason or another. Maybe she doesn't like rain. No water in any lights, the GTI is thankfully condensation free. I'll chalk it up to being just one of those things. If it happens again I'll investigate further until them I'll be lazy.

Ken get that R out & give it a good run. It's a crime against nature to not drive a sweet car like that. ;-)

Old 08-11-2018, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
yah id just check next time too, ash. yah i should pull out my R tomorrow.

got the perrin shifter stop installed on da WRX with my kid.. very nice, finally feels more like my STI’s shifter. will do da bushing next time as needed. also installed the JDM arm rest extension i took off my STI on da WRX.

also worked on my son’s bike to adjust his brakes. going to head out to da stores in da WRX for a test drive.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?