General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
dis is wat i ordered. like $150 shipped. cheap!

especially considering wat i paid for a TWM hybrid long time ago.

https://www.raceseng.com/topology-build-your-own

Old 08-14-2018, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
I obviously jinxed myself.

Got notification that the downpipe for the Fit was delivered at 1:30 pm today. Umm...not on my porch and I was at home.

Walked over to neighbors house and...there it was mixed in with Walmart boxes that she must have ordered.

I got to get a hold of our FedEx guy. I'm wondering if he's just lazy and trying to only make one stop. It's about 1/8 mile between our two front doors.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
At least it was there....and not just gone with the wind. Thats what I feared when you said you jinxed yourself!

Thats one fancy shift knob. The Civic knob is pretty heavy to begin with. Its heavier than the SI and CTR one lol.

Been spending off time searching for fancy used wheels thru Buyee....thanks mike410b...><

Old 08-14-2018, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- yah, my car came with the STI knob which is the same one as in my STI... it's kinda weighted but not 475g.. lol.. good to hear ure happy with ur factory knob. i dont feel the need to swap the knob in my STI. the gearbox feels completely different.

this is da one i had a while back in my old G.. nice knob at 400g.
https://www.twmperformance.com/shift...ter-shift-knob

gafit- good u found ur box! yah, fedex gound guy is a miss in my area too.. still has dat old pos RPS culture. my regular overnight FedEX guy is cool and also drives a subaru he said.

speaking of garbage, some faking mexican dood cut me off on da way home in his old daewoohoo lol.. i sounded my horn in my WRX and he started swinging his arm out the driver side window like his faking existence even matters. lol.. too funny.

at 450miles gave it is first 85-90% throttle launch. pulled well, i likes. got home, installed the visor mirror LED's i got today. installed dem on my STI as well.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
charburger, cheeze fries, onion rings tonight plus chili!

Old 08-14-2018, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
charburger, cheeze fries, onion rings tonight plus chili!
And heartburn in the morning? LOL Good luck, sounds yummy!

Old 08-14-2018, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
i had antiacids for dessert so i’m safe! lol

waz sooo good.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Antacids are at best just a band-aide. They will make you feel better, but you are still damaging yourself. PM me Ken & I'll tell you about it if you'd like to know. Take care of yourself your family needs you.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
ash, thanks but no worries. i have a clean bill of health actually. posts are made with dramatization for entertainment value. lol

now time for icecream!

Old 08-15-2018, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
alright played with the voltage multiplier some more dis am in da wrx and dialed it back even more. City -4 seems to work the most ‘natural’ or fluid as the only thing i want is to rid the initial slop. it is still quite aggressive from stock so..

will keep it at dat setting for a few days and compare with stock maybe this weekend.

have be a good wednesday everyone!!

Old 08-15-2018, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds like fun kenchan! I bet the ultimate solution will be the Cobb Accessport. It will eliminate the dead zone and give a more natural feel to the pedal.

My complaint with the WRX I test drove was the dead spot followed by a higher percentage of throttle than peddle. Guess I'm old and used to throttle cables, but I like a true 1:1 ratio. If I push the pedal 10%, I like 10% throttle.

Opened the Megan downpipe and it looks REALLY good. I had in my mind that Megan is kind of cheap stuff, but the finish and welds look perfect. Better than some expensive stuff I've owned in the past. Maybe they've improved? I'm now looking at the mid-section and axle back. May go all Megan. I chose them for the downpipe because of piping diameter. A lot of stuff for the GD is 50mm. That's a bit small for a turbo application in my opinion. Megan is 2 1/4" which works out to 57mm. Still tiny, but hey...it's a tiny motor.

Happy hump day all!

Old 08-15-2018, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Happy hump day!

Any of you guys familiar with Raspberry Pi's? I was considering getting one to run emulators.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
gafit- yah as soon as cobb confirms the AP for 2019 i’m getting it. no question dere.
my STI has immediate throttle response and a nice linear response through the rpm band. knowing dat, i really want my WRX to have something close to it if possible. people dat say WRX and STI are similar are bunch of BS. the only thing similar is da skin. STI is so much better in everything except comfort. wrx limited is a fantastic dd!

good to hear about ur mugen or wait megan. taiwanese replica of mugen i thinks. but hell if it works why not i suppose. dis late in da game no one probably makes much real parts for the GD any more?

Old 08-15-2018, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- is dat Magnum Pi’s cousin or...?

Old 08-15-2018, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
oh mang.. cheese cake was so goood. yah u all jelly.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
alright got home, started raining earlier and was checking out how the water just bounces and sheets off due to HydroMax. literally looks like teflon coating. super easy to apply too.. place car in shade, spray on, wipe off. you can immediately add a second coat. if u got a smear, just mist distilled water and buff. sooo easy.

https://www.autogeek.net/prima-hydro-max.html

ive always been a Prima Hydro fan and this stuff just takes it to da next level.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
returned the wrong shifter stop to the store. at least they were nice about it.

the clearbra place is also sending me a free replacement for the wrinkles the film had from the beginning due to damage. i was showing my buddies at the office where the wrinkles were and dey were like 'really? where? i can't see it?' its like in the orange peel. so we went to his new TT-RS and was showing him where the clearbra on his ride was kinda messed up due to stretching by da installer. he was like 'damn ken-san why dafaq did u have to point this out?!' hahaha. 'now it cant be unseen!' and asked my other buddy if i should check out his M5. he was like STOP! lol

like i said with PDR, having these skillz is not always a good thing.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
another day at da office. looking forward to my drive in da WRX. tonight will install dat hybrid knob.. hope i like it.

have a good thursday everyone!

Old 08-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Swirl marks on plastic gauges

I thought I might have seen people talking about a product to fix swirl marks on the gauges clear plastic
Is there such a product?

Old 08-16-2018, 02:17 PM
Excited

After years of driving a dodge caravan I’m excited to be driving a Fit
Never upgraded any of my vehicles but I think the Fit is a fun car to try it on
Decided to upgrade with sway bar and upgraded brakes and eventually tires

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?