General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Just bought this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AEM-21-518P...IAAOSwJo5bAONI

Not sure why it's half the price of other listings, but I'll give it a shot. Figure AEM is a trusted brand. I'm also going to order a header for our Fit. I've been collecting other parts, but decided the turbo part of the build will be a '19 project. I want to get moving on the billet flywheel, clutch, Quaife diff, rear disc, bigger front brakes, Hondata, etc part of the project, but want a bit of extra power to go along with it.

Basically, the turbo research part is taking me too long to figure out and I want to get to work.

I wouldn't have this problem if I was happy with the Top Fuel turbo kit I bought, but I just don't like 90% of the kit. All of the stuff is just too small to make real power. If I'm going to bother with the turbo, it needs to be legit. I need my buddy that can weld to move closer. That or I need to take a welding class.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:45 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
cool gafit. aem makes legit intakes. how much power does the turbo supposed to make? id like to see min 50hp/torque with a turbo set up and brakes to match.

pulling out my WRX in a bit. getting gas on da way home. think will stop by the hardware store later today to pickup random hardware. bolts and nuts and stuff.

have a good labor day, everyone!

Old 09-03-2018, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
I agree. Actually, I want to see min 50whp at daily boost levels and then also be able to turn it up from there.

The Top Fuel kit in stock form only made 130whp or so. But, that was at only 6psi with stock injectors and a piggyback tuner. My thought was to use the kit but, turn up the boost, add bigger injectors, and run a Hondata. Shoot for 180ish whp. The turbo that was supposed to be in the kit, a Garrett 2554R, can flow enough to do what I want. The Australian eBay seller shafted me with a Chinese knock off turbo, but it appears OK.

However, after getting the kit and seeing it in person, it's not as simple as I hoped. All of the hot and cold side plumbing is itty bitty as is the downpipe off the turbo. The kit, in my opinion, is basically made to make 130whp and not much more.

I think I can get close enough to 130whp with H/I/E and Hondata and not have the underhood heat of adding a turbo.

Basically, I still want to add boost, but I want to do it right and I'm not quite ready to do it right.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Man sounds like you guys have been busy this weekend...makes me feel unproductive haha.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Man sounds like you guys have been busy this weekend...makes me feel unproductive haha.
Wife is in Italy so I'm only as productive as a 7yo allows. That's not very productive! LOL

Well, guess it depends on how you measure productivity. There's been some epic nerf gun battles, we built an awesome Lego monster truck stunt set, and went to an arcade.

Next on our to do list is to clean out the woman's Golf. It's amazing how much stuff she collects in that car. I can't even stand an empty water bottle in my car. Her car has junk rolling around all over the place.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
gafit, i see. sounds kinda complicated where it might seem starting from scratch or not doing it at all can make sense.

alright motored my WRX and washed this am. had a good time, the intake makes for a fun time. going to do some house chores and work on my car a bit more afterwards.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
lol’ed at cleaning ur wife’s Golf gafit. GL with dat.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
my wife don’t have trash in da GK but can get very dusty inside if i forget to wipe it down for more dan 2 weeks. yuk

Old 09-03-2018, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
lol’ed at cleaning ur wife’s Golf gafit. GL with dat.
12 empty drink bottles. Yes, TWELVE!!! I filled a kitchen trash bag with what I pulled out of that little car.

Supposed to rain tomorrow so I'm delaying the wash part of the cleaning till later in the week.

Fit and Lincoln are clean inside and out though Fit's still a bit vinegar smelling, but otherwise clean. LOL

Old 09-03-2018, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
fresh vinegar clean! yah, thumbs up to clean cars.

wow, 12 bottles in a car sounds like da 30 beez i killed inside my garage the other day. waaay too many! today had zero yellow jackets in my garage. however another type of bee was being a smartarse flying inside my garage so killed it too. anything dat flies inside my garage will die.

alright finally done with the chores and after i cool off a bit with an icy cold pepsi zero on da rocks, going to head out to my WRX and work on the intake mount a little more. it came with those rubber isolator type mounts but its not perfectly aligned to the screw it attaches to on da car. so i got a bunch of misc hardware today at Ace and will get it perfect. im kinda picky about dese things.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
head out to my WRX and work on the intake mount a little more. it came with those rubber isolator type mounts but its not perfectly aligned to the screw it attaches to on da car. so i got a bunch of misc hardware today at Ace and will get it perfect. im kinda picky about dese things.
Smart! I remember back in my Nissan days how many people complained about the mounting tabs breaking off their CAI's. I was always like....did you make sure it was mounted so there was no stress and could give with the direction the motor travels? Always fell on deaf ears. Tab on mine never broke.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
yah, some folks dont understand how much vibration and rocking there is on these intake systems. some cars are okay, but others really do snap.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
alright, the intake bracket is centered and now perfectly aligned on the WRX.

spot QD'ed the Golf-R and STI since both cars were sitting outside yesterday. its pretty crazy how much crap gets on the car just sitting idle outside. the more reason why sealing the paint with polymer/wax is a great idea. the crap just sheared off.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah Happy "Monday" guys.

What wax/sealant do you use Kenchan? Since my cars are outside I know exactly what you mean about how dirty they can get.

And goodness 12 empty bottles? I get pissed when I forget a receipt in the car let alone 12 bottles lol.

With my Ktuner there are 5 levels of aggressiveness....intermediate 1, 2, aggressive 1, 2 and 3. Since I can load 3 tunes, I did factory, aggressive 1 and 2. Currently running aggressive 1...holy crap its a huge difference in power response from the intermediate 1 I was running and was happy with haha.

Gonna run a tank or 2 of this tune...see what my MPG is. Want a balance of power and mpg. With the intermediate I was getting 30+mpg still. I feel like I may dip into the high 20's with this aggressive tune.

Mike410b, any wheel update?

Old 09-04-2018, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Narp. They still sitting on a boat in Japan haha

Old 09-04-2018, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like my Mugen steering wheel is sitting in NY.

I have a general complaint with tracking systems. Why do they all consider an item shipped when a label is printed? It's not "shipped" until it's in the possession of a delivery company. My steering wheel adapter/quick release and AEM intake both say "shipped" but they are really just label printed.

Ran errands in the Fit today. I just completely disagree with the notion that it's fun to drive a slow car fast. I get zero enjoyment out of hammering the piss out of something and going nowhere. Flip side is I find the Fit fun to drive by just going with the "drive a slow car slow" method. As long as you don't even try to drive it fast, it's not bad at all!

shinjari, cool news on the K Tuner! Are these all canned tunes or have you tried altering the tune yourself?

Old 09-04-2018, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari i use HydroMax for sealant and just keep topping off with Griots SpeedShine which is carnauba based wax.

good combo.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
gafit i guess they use da term Delivered for delivered.

but i know what u mean. especially if it’s free shipping, they are liable till the time the package is delivered as they are taking ownership of the delivery.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
No, I mean it says "shipped", but the seller is still sitting there with the item.

My steering adapter says "shipped", but then you click on details and see that it's just that the seller printed a shipping label. That was over a week ago. Shipper still doesn't have possession. To me, that is not "shipped." That would be maybe "processing" order?

Edit...guess my issue is that "shipped" is a past tense word. If all the seller has done is print a label, that could be considered "shipping" maybe?

I see this all the time with Chinese sellers that don't have the item. They print a label so it shows "shipped" to eBay, Amazon, etc, but the reality is they may not even have the item yet.

I had one thing say shipped for two weeks and then they acknowledged that they didn't even have the item and couldn't get it.

Last edited by GAFIT; 09-04-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah these are just adjustments you can make to the base tune. I'm not daring enough to mess with actual #'s.

In fact I may go from the aggressive 1 to intermediate 2. I think it's asking too much of the clutch. Think I felt it slip once or twice under some heavy throttle.

And totally agree. It should say "label printed/awaiting pickup"....then after it has been taken into possession by the shipper it should say "shipped"

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?