General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 01:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah i remember those accords when they were new. wow, considering the age looks very well kept. one of my uncles was an avid honda guy civics to several accords to euro-R before he passed away. his son or my cousin had a teg-R too before he sold his car and CBR’s and got a JDM ody after marriage. waz like wtf mang.. but not realistic to own multiple cars where he lived.

GL at job hunting shinjari!

alright so da cusco brace thingie for the wrx brake cylinder arrived. will install later tonight.
hope no asiana pilot dis time..lol

Old 09-26-2018, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
got the brake cylinder brace installed. so much easier to do on da WRX.
biggest difference is that the fuel regulator piping is a lot simpler on the WRX.

looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
dis am woke up with a fever my head spun like a rwd car with summer tires taking a turn in da snow. lol

got up like 2 hrs late, still manage to get to work 1hr early as usual with da help of my son packing my breakfast. but i did brain fart along da way when i was backing out of my driveway in my WRX i couldn’t figure out why my clutch was starting to heat up (slight burnt clutch smell) and my car felt like it was stuck. yah e-brake not released all da way. wtf, nearly stalled. thatz when i woke up. lol

forgot to mash the brake this am but it felt solid so i think the install for the brace was a success.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
ofcourse i ran into some dumbarse (not literally) in a new altima who kept changing lanes in front of me at the last second before a light. so faking annoying i let him hear the pos horn my WRX came with. meeep! need hellas im like u drive a faking background car, stay in the background where u belong.

well he behaved after that so dat was good.

den just before entering my office garage some confused tree hugger driving an environmentally contaminating Volt suddenly stops in the middle of the road preventing me from finishing a turn. my car is half stuck out into the intersection and again i’m like i need new horns. lol. no did not sound my horn and patiently waited as there were no other cars approaching me.

hope u guys have a better am den me. lol. have a good thursday everyone!

Old 09-27-2018, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks!

Whats the purpose of said cusco brace? Stiffen the brake master cylinder to remove any play in it?

If I didn't have a car payment, I'd totally be considering that accord haha.

Hope you feel better Kenchan! Gonna get those WRX Hella horns everyone installs?

So
Happy
Its
Thursday!

Old 09-27-2018, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
No car payment feels glorious.

Both cars need a bunch of maintenance though, like a bunch, so basically a few payments haha.

AP1 needs: Bushings, pads, rotors, fluids, valve adjustment, diff mounts & a new soft top
GE8 needs: End links (Just need to install), plugs, coil packs, valve adjustment, fluids & some body work

Cars are a pain

Old 09-27-2018, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
thanks shinjari. yah i have the hellas on my STI and it sounds mean.

yah the firewall on da WRX and STI flexes when ure in the brakes so this brace prevents movement from the engine bay side. it’s a simple yet clever design and it works well.

yah i have no car payments either. done with mortgage and no credit card debt. but i only have parking for 4 cars. lol
mang if i had room i’d get a new abarth 500 fosho..

Old 09-27-2018, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Thursday. Wife and I are sick, but life still must go on. Seems to be some kind of summer cold.

More importantly though...I finished installing the Mugen steering wheel last night. Poor quality pics are in our GD build thread. Took a bit to figure out, but have a working horn.

eBay has another coupon starting today... https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0927/69157.html

Thinking of picking up the RSX rear calipers I need for the disc conversion. We'll see if I'm feeling wealthy later today. Starts at 10 PST.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
thanks gafit will see if i can source some horns from ebay! hope u and wife feel better too

so were u able to source the spacers?

Old 09-27-2018, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
I ended up with an NRG adapter that allowed me to keep the clockspring and then an eBay 2" spacer and then an eBay quick connect.

The spacer had a lip that was meant to go inside the steering wheel. Wife took it to work and used a lathe to remove the lip so it will fit snug against the quick connect. Quality of the quick connect isn't bad, but isn't spectacular. I may end up changing it at a later date if I find something I like better. Doesn't seem to be a lot of options.

Raining here so I haven't driven the car yet. Need to drive it to give proper feed back. Maybe tomorrow.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
hummm. that ebay code PICKSOON don’t work.

5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
hummm. that ebay code PICKSOON don’t work.
Not till 10 PST I believe.

5 Year Member
ahhh gotcha on dat spacer thing, gafit. will check out ur build page.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Not till 10 PST I believe.

ohhh so it waz a “too soon jr” situation. thanks will wait cause u just saved me like $12.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Out of that maintenance Mike410b, only things I would groan about doing are the valve stuff and I hear the s2k soft top is a royal PAIN. Hard top? haha.

Well having no mortgage/car payments sounds like a dream Kenchan. That would free up so much income on my end. But alas...even if I was able to dedicate ALL my income before tax, it'd still take ~5 years to knock out everything. Stupid SoCal prices. But hey...in the 3 years of owning our house we've gained $125k+ in equity so that's nice.

GAFIT Thanks for the coupon! I may have to use that for my Milwaukee 2 gallon shop vac I've been dying to get or that new tool chest I've been eyeing.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
shinjari yah but i’m much older and had time to pay off the mortgage so.. wife and i bought a cheaper house too and just paid it off in like 10 yrs. i should be living in a much nicer home but too lazy to move now. and kids school system is alright so..

Old 09-27-2018, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
thanks again gafit. the code was good to go.

so a little rant towards dese faking pos ryugakusei types from jland. ur faking easy going attitude pisses me off in the real world of business. go home gtfo

lol

Old 09-27-2018, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Out of that maintenance Mike410b, only things I would groan about doing are the valve stuff and I hear the s2k soft top is a royal PAIN. Hard top? haha.

Well having no mortgage/car payments sounds like a dream Kenchan. That would free up so much income on my end. But alas...even if I was able to dedicate ALL my income before tax, it'd still take ~5 years to knock out everything. Stupid SoCal prices. But hey...in the 3 years of owning our house we've gained $125k+ in equity so that's nice.

GAFIT Thanks for the coupon! I may have to use that for my Milwaukee 2 gallon shop vac I've been dying to get or that new tool chest I've been eyeing.
Oh it could be way worse, I I just dislike knowing that I have a huge glob of spending to take care of at some point in the next eight months or so.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
thanks again gafit. the code was good to go.
Yup! Code worked! Just placed an order for PowerStop Acura RSX rear calipers. Nice to check off another item on my long list!

Been wanting to get them so I can mount the rear adapter brackets and calipers so I can take measurements to see what diameter rotor to order. I've seen 10.4" and 10.9" listed. Hoping it's whatever size was on the 2002 Civic Si's because those don't have to be re-drilled to 4 lug.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
nice gafit! can always use great brakes for canyon caving. honestly down hill is more like how late u can brake and shake off da competition on ur tail.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?