General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
so i got da horns, brackets, and plastic red WRX emblem on order. yah kinda typical everyone and deir buddies does it mod but if i’m taking off the bumper to install da horns might as well do the grill emblem.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
nice gafit! can always use great brakes for canyon caving. honestly down hill is more like how late u can brake and shake off da competition on ur tail.
Yup! In the mountains you don't always get to pick when and how to use the brakes. Never know when you'll go around the next turn and have some moron on a bicycle in the road. I have absolutely NO freakin' idea why they let those idiots on these narrow two lane roads.

They aren't saving fuel because they can't be commuting to anywhere and the roads don't belong to them in any way shape or form. They don't have a license plate (no taxes paid), they aren't buying fuel (no taxes paid), and they aren't insured for the damage they may cause. IMO, they are uninsured "motorists" operating illegal equipment (no turn signals, bumpers, lights, horn, etc) on a road they aren't paying to use.

I would feel differently if there were some kind of environmental reward, but they don't need to be there at all. They aren't headed to work.

I don't need to be there, but at least I'm paying to maintain the road and operating a road worthy vehicle that can maintain speed limits.

Last edited by GAFIT; 09-27-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
They probably just want to do recreational & healthy things.

Bikes don't place any strain on the roads like a car would too.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
They probably just want to do recreational & healthy things.

Bikes don't place any strain on the roads like a car would too.
They cause severe traffic issues. If they want to do recreational & healthy things, they should try any one of the countless trails that are available for hiking or mountain biking.

I fail to see how causing delays and backing up traffic in the mountains could be good for anyone.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
yah folks in my area have improved quite a bit over the yrs but mang some of them bicycle riders suck. no etiquette rude and annoying. reminds me of my indian neighbor down da street.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
i at least yield to traffic when i do need to ride on public streets, but mainly i only ride in designated bike trails in the forrest and parks.

road bikers should carry insurance and registered plates if dey want to ride public roads imho. dey faking blow past stop signs.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
I was hoping for some resolution a few years ago. A group were riding 2 and 3 wide and a Sheriff clipped one with the mirror of his Tahoe. Was caught on video. You could even see the bicyclists were intentionally blocking the road.

There was ZERO support locally for the bicyclist. Most here are tired of them. Sheriff was not disciplined in the least and won a lot of public support.

Locals just buzz by them without slowing down. Problem is when you mix the bicyclists with tourists that are afraid to pass them.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i at least yield to traffic when i do need to ride on public streets, but mainly i only ride in designated bike trails in the forrest and parks.

road bikers should carry insurance and registered plates if dey want to ride public roads imho. dey faking blow past stop signs.
Agree with all of that. I also road on public roads back when I was younger. I see no problem with it provided everyone follows traffic laws and don't block traffic.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
yah especially on narrow roads they need to ride single file. my area we use to see dem in swarms and finally police started citing them and took the public’s dash cam footages to make citations. i mean if we can share the road respectfully i have no issue. i can understand how cycling is cool. i like riding my bicycles too.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Old 09-27-2018, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
shinajri- huh, that is cool.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
alright got home, psi'ed up the STI and Golf-R in prep for cooler weather motoring.

got the tracking number already for dem hellas and bracket. should be able to install over da weekend in prep for blaring at dumbarses on monday.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:41 PM
Regarding cyclists and the usage of roads, I believe there needs to be a middle ground. I see obnoxious behavior from both sides, bordering on dangerous. Yes, single file is what we "should" do as cyclists, especially when there are no bicycle lanes. At the same time, I have seen cars a) pass within three feet of me, b) zoom past way beyond the speed limit, c) purposely cut in front of me (or our group) to fling up rocks/sand/dirt from the shoulder. And I see cyclists cutting off cars through traffic, swerving, cursing at cars, and the ubiquitous "California roll" through stop signs.

Having carved canyons in my cars, on my motorcycles, and currently on my bicycles, I find the experience to be exhilarating no matter the mode of transportation. There are always groups that believe the other ones have no place on "their" road, but I believe a little mutual respect goes a long way towards avoiding conflicts in the first place.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
bicycles can only go so fast so just yield to traffic, move out of the way, and obey all traffic signs. that’s basically all drivers ask for and both u and the cars will have a good time.

lve never had cars cut me off or kick up rocks at me while cycling.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Regarding cyclists and the usage of roads, I believe there needs to be a middle ground. I see obnoxious behavior from both sides, bordering on dangerous. Yes, single file is what we "should" do as cyclists, especially when there are no bicycle lanes. At the same time, I have seen cars a) pass within three feet of me, b) zoom past way beyond the speed limit, c) purposely cut in front of me (or our group) to fling up rocks/sand/dirt from the shoulder. And I see cyclists cutting off cars through traffic, swerving, cursing at cars, and the ubiquitous "California roll" through stop signs.

Having carved canyons in my cars, on my motorcycles, and currently on my bicycles, I find the experience to be exhilarating no matter the mode of transportation. There are always groups that believe the other ones have no place on "their" road, but I believe a little mutual respect goes a long way towards avoiding conflicts in the first place.
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad

Lot of truth to this statement. I'm not a surface street cyclist, but I do ride my motorcycle and there is quite a lot of overlap in terms of cars vs motorcycles.

Biggest complaint I will mention is that cyclists should definitely adhere to traffic signs...So many just run through STOP signs like they are optional...but in reality they just want to keep their momentum going. I've had to stop quickly several times because of cyclists ignoring stop signs/red lights. In fact a friend of mine did this through a stop sign at the bottom of a hill...and a cop pulled him over and gave him a ticket. He was pissed but he deserved it.

In the end, we are all vehicles/modes of transportation. Lets be patient and just get to our destinations safe and sound.

Happy Friday!

Old 09-28-2018, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Personally...I wouldn't mess with the bull dog pictured above

Just heard back from the injector place. The used injectors I bought couldn't even be cleaned with their equipment. He said they tried everything, but they are JUNK. He's sending them back to me.

So, I ordered a set of Bosch injectors. It escapes me how someone would think that you can let fuel sit in injectors and have them still be OK. Anyone with knowledge of ethanol should know that modern fuel turns things to junk within 30 days. Guess there are still plenty of ignorant people.

Sadly, I'm the one paying the price. I should have known better. Stick with brand new and don't skimp. Just costs me more in the long run when I try.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Damn GAFIT that sucks. I hate it when that happens...you try to save a few bucks then boom....costs more in the long run.

Since this is a FIT blog...I found this.

https://paultan.org/2018/09/27/spysh...otted-testing/

Old 09-28-2018, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I've been following the miscellaneous leaks on the next Fit. I can't find any part of any bit of the images or information that interests me.

I like that they are undoing the GK's mile long taillights, but the rest doesn't look to be such great news.

Maybe a manual hybrid model, ala CR-Z, would bring some interest?

Old 09-28-2018, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
I'm into it.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?