General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 06:51 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
oh okay thanks. i honestly dont know much about E10 besides that it spoils much faster than non-corned gas.. so was a little concerned if i wasnt protecting my cars as much i could. good to hear.

i found a bottle of unused stabil, will order another one for my STI.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
alright drove my WRX home had a good time. too bad rain kinda slowed down traffic, i only got like one chance to to open her up. felt good though. no wheel spin is a great thing. dressed up the tires in prep for tomorrow as i wont have time to wash it in the am before taking the car out to run my errands and relaxing drive afterwards.

looks like the hellas will arrive tomorrow along with the perrin mounting bracket. i think im just going to leave them red this time and install it as it should look pretty cool against my white WRX. i forgot that when i installed the hellas on my STI i bought a wiring harness from grimspeed. oh well, ill just make my own harness this time.

what to do with the $39 i just saved!

Old 09-28-2018, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
took da GK to the shitty part of town for some nice burgers with the wife and kids. waz gooood! 1050 calories they said.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
took da GK to the shitty part of town for some nice burgers with the wife and kids. waz gooood! 1050 calories they said.
Nice! Never undervalue the beater you don't care about. Good thing to have.

I changed the plugs, swapped throttle bodies, and got all the steering wheel job tools out of the Fit tonight. Getting it ready to dyno next week Think it will break into the 90 whp range? I'm guessing 88whp cause ours is strong. LOL

Old 09-28-2018, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
yah, for such task my GK does well. carefree is good. didnt even think about the car parked outside while we were dining and enjoyed every minute. lol

GL on the dyno.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
alright got up dis am to 35F and felt good! adjusted psi on the WRX and GK. we still got a few 80F days coming up so cant go all out on the Fall setting just yet. but tires are adjusted and good to go for a couple of weeks.

will be heading out in a bit to run a few errands in da WRX and some sporty fun driving afterwards. ups shows it has loaded my hellas so hope to install by late pm with my kid.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 09-29-2018, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
alright got my errands all finished and motored the WRX for a nice relaxing drive.. but where is UPS? i need my hella horns before 4pm...hummm...

Old 09-29-2018, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
k, so i officially decided im going to hibernate my Golf-R this winter. ordered a factory car cover for her. dont want her freezing her arse in da garage all winter long.

going to use up the rest of the gas in the tank next month, add stabil, place her on raceramps flatstoppers, and suspend insurance till march.
(along with the battery manager, high psi in tires, etc etc)

this winter is going to be all subies for me.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
woot, UPS arrived with my hellas! perfect timing. going to test it on my bench first then proceed to install later this pm.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
both hi and low pitch horns work fine.. wife came home with cake just now so that takes priority..

will install after cake.. lol have my cake and eat it too for win

Old 09-29-2018, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Steering wheel is all back off of the Fit. NRG adapter is rubbing on the steering column plastics I'm either going to have to cut the plastics or get a different hub adapter. On the bright side, I liked driving it with the wheel and new placement.

kenchan, on post 177 in this thread you determined that Daikei S-319 is the adapter the GD needs. Would you look at that post and see if you still agree with your younger self?

I've been scouring the webz for that part to no avail. Emailed Nengun (where I got the Mugen wheel from) to see if they can source that part. It's Sunday AM there, so maybe I'll hear back late tomorrow. Only sources I've found so far are in Japanese. For some reason google translate won't even translate the Site's for me. I think it's trying to say..."foolish American, go back to your part of the web."

Old 09-29-2018, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
i looked at the post and its talking about the SRS connector, right? does urs look like the 319 one? if so, then that is the right one for ur ride.

http://www.daikei-s.co.jp/26page.jpg

the hub was a perfect fit.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
alright installed the hellas with my kid. good thing i didnt buy da harness cause it wouldnt have fit (too short) anyway as the 19's have a different setup vs the earlier yrs. i left the housing red this time, looks and sounds good.

had a big sub sammich for supper and icecream. now relaxing in my music room watching TV.

tomorrow am its going to rain so pulling out my WRX for some motoring fun as planned. will just dress the tires.. more rain this week.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks! Yes, it's large like the 319.

Now I just have to find a way to buy one

I made my own connector, but it wouldn't be bad to have a pre-made one. Had to make all of my own connectors. Got the horn to work and no airbag light, but the Daikei kit sure would have been easier. Wonder why their products aren't offered here?

Maybe Nengun will come through for me.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
np gafit. the thing about these jdm shops is theyre basically a boutique shop. as long as they are happy, they really dont care about the rest of the world.

japanparts can probably source u the hub, if daikei still makes them.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
np gafit. the thing about these jdm shops is theyre basically a boutique shop. as long as they are happy, they really dont care about the rest of the world.
That sounds like American shops.

I see jesse streeter as an option. Some dude that will buy from yahoo and amazon japan auctions, take a cut, and then ship the item. Always an option as well.

Other option is for me to cut the plastics around the steering column. They are about $50 to buy both pieces new. So, if I go that route, I'll cut mine and order a new set to have just in case.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
yah, if you can do without buying a new hub, id go that route. ive cut the switch trim on my STI a while back and it turned out like factory finish. noone can tell even up close that I cut the trim. i used mainly my larger box cutter, then several files and finished off with 1000 or 1500 grit to match the surrounding semi-matte finish.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:53 AM
5 Year Member
pulling out my WRX for some motoring fun this am. but first going to clean the inner glass again. i can tell there is slight fogging mainly from me almost always using recir mode on the ac because i pass by some real stinky parts of town going to work every day. guess i’m going to have to get use to da smell especially in da winter cause defog don’t work well in recirculate mode..

have a nice sunday everyone!

Old 09-30-2018, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
so i received a question on wat i recommend for cleaning glass. i use Griots WindowCleaner wth microfiber towels made for glass. this cleaner is probably nothing but diluted rubbing alcohol. if ure a tinter or install clear bra u can use your tack solution add some more distilled water. i just don’t feel like mixing it each time so i just buy the glass cleaner in gallons.

hope this helps. and yes i tried basically every product out there through the yrs, but this is simply the easiest to use and leaves behind no residue..

Old 09-30-2018, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
got back from the drive in my WRX and dressed the tires afterwards. was a fun drive, tested the supertones in the middle of nowhere while no one was around. sounded good.

im officially done modding the car for now. real happy how everything turned out. now just going to enjoy driving it everyday.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?