General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 08:11 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
that philips headlight bulb i got x-treme vision or some crap people were raving about here on ff.. well as suspected, one burnt out in 11 months. absolute junk.

going back to stockers.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
swapped the bulbs back to stockers on the GK this am in 18F temp. stupid grommet was STUCK frozen to the lamp housing and required a heat gun to remove. lol anyway back to normal.

went out motoring in my Golf-R afterwards and had a great relaxing time. got home went out for some ramen with my wife in the GK to my buddy's new restaurant he started earlier in the year. waz good! very authentic japanese. none of dat crappy warm-ish sewer soup with over soaked/cooked noodle shit they call 'ramen' served at a lot of these newer 'ramen' places lately. basically if u cant eat hot food (temperature) u dont belong at a true ramen restaurant.

went to another store and treated my wife to some green tea affgato for dessert. even gassed up AND gas-station washed the GK!! wow.. VIP treatment for GK

Old 11-11-2018, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
so grateful for all the veterans giving us a nice sunny sunday to enjoy our day in peace.

pulling out my Golf-R for some motoring fun and going to make it a great day.
going to wash my WRX today as well.

have a a good sunday everyone!

Old 11-11-2018, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
got a lot done today.. after a nice relaxing drive in my R, got gas on the way home added more stabil in the fuel (1oz for every 5 gallons), cleaned up the car real nice and place on raceramps FlatStoppers. should be getting my car cover later this week. sent in request to suspend the insurance till spring. taking care of 4 cars through winter is more a hassle than fun at my age, so decided to lighten the load by hibernating my R. last year i had the GTI and that car was boring as hell to drive on weekends due to DSG so having my STI and R readily available on a nice day was nice. now with my WRX, no need to run all 3 cars. salt is such a biotch.

then washed my WRX and spot cleaned tar kickup on the GK and vac'ed the interior.

got a bunch of artillery fungus dots on the passenger side of the GK.. need to kill them off next Spring fosho.. will remove the dots with plastic razor and some RC motor spray when i have time in the Spring. need to check if MAF cleaner damages car paint or not. that is non VOC compliant and it is VERY similar to RC motor spray before it was forced to be VOC compliant. if it doesnt damage paint and removes gunk, im thinking of ordering a case and use that in the garage instead. RC motor spray is getting harder to find (and expensive) as most run brushless motors these days.

Old 11-11-2018, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
i got this new fleece blanket at amazon.. thing was on sale for only $29+.. problem was i wanted it delivered via one-day free shipping and needed another $5 to get it over the $35 to be granted the one-day free shipping.

found an add-on K&N oil filter for da GK for $5. got my blanket. woot. winwin

Old 11-13-2018, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
tpms warning came on again per wife.. such a pos.
Stupid tpms, Im on a trip 30 min before sunset and light comes on right before I cross the desert. Had to roll car 10 inches at a time and check for nails etc. Tire pressure 37 all around. Why??? Getting 43 mpg tho, on to Vegas for the Mecum auction then MCACN indoor show in Chicago sat/sun (best vintage muscle car event in the country, tremendous)

Last edited by vic831; 11-13-2018 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-13-2018, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear vic! it’s a ‘normal’ thing to see the tpms error on this car especially sensitive to temperature change

driving a new maxima today. lol. V6 feels good though reminds me of my old G/Z a little. not really. it’s fine for a rental..

Old 11-14-2018, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
alright, flying back to the office this am. december is now pretty much booked for me as far as business meetings.

so im staying at this penthouse (hotel gave me a free upgrade for being loyal) and its real nice. but how they mounted the toilet paper dispenser waaay back is not good. lol. i’m like why u fail there?

have a a good tuesday? or Wed? everyone!

Old 11-14-2018, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
i also noticed this on the maxima but halogen sucks. driving my WRX daily with adaptive LED headlights, mang the headlights on the maxima were like running DRL’s at night. lol. night/day difference. can’t see well.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Mike410b what wheels did you get?

Also just got back from visiting friends in Philly. Was a great time. Actually got to wear a coat for once since the temps were in the mid 30s.

Also have a buddy with a 10th gen civic whos gonna be selling his coilovers and Work wheels in spring...I got first dibs he said haha. I may have to do it. I didn't want to buy the same wheels since he had them...but if he no longer has them...then there isn't an issue haha.

About to talk to my manager and break the news that Im outta here in 2 weeks.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
let us know his facial impression shinjari! lol
good to hear u had fun in philly and dibs on wheels coils.

now ubering home in a large inf suv.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
<= shinjari's boss (or shall we say x-boss lol)

ohhh mang.. wife got me super burrito, salsa, and chips. sooo good. now time for nap before icecream.

checked up on my WRX. no bird crap no artillery fungus crap. i like cold weather in this sense

Old 11-15-2018, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
ok i am confused. got my Golf-R car cover but the store sent me an RMA telling me to return it for full refund.

so no cover yet again. wtf mang. it’s the same shape as the regular golf. how can they fak this up after such a long wait.
anyway at least the store is honest. going to order from another store.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member

I spoke to my (3) managers. Ironically enough one of them is leaving too so he was basically like 'about time you left....you're too good for this place'

Manager #2 was trying to get me to stay.

All 3 were happy for me and my 2 other coworkers who are all leaving for the same company but different departments. So between the 3 of us theres 12+ years of experience they are losing in the span of a month. And then next month another one is joining us...so thats 17+ years of experience.

They all said we deserved it and were integral to the success of our current company.

That is weird about the car cover...did they give a reason?

Old 11-15-2018, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
sounds like a peaceful departure, shinjari! good to leave on good terms. the last company i worked for 16 yrs before joining where i am today. haven’t looked back. GL at the new job!!!

yah they said vw sent them the wrong one TWICE. i’m like wtf mang.. going aftermarket next.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Mike410b what wheels did you get?

Also just got back from visiting friends in Philly. Was a great time. Actually got to wear a coat for once since the temps were in the mid 30s.

Also have a buddy with a 10th gen civic whos gonna be selling his coilovers and Work wheels in spring...I got first dibs he said haha. I may have to do it. I didn't want to buy the same wheels since he had them...but if he no longer has them...then there isn't an issue haha.

About to talk to my manager and break the news that Im outta here in 2 weeks.
I got this one & three others like it haha

(They're absolutely filthy, I'm interested to see how they look when I clean them up come spring)

Which work wheels does your friend have? Philly sounds fun!

Originally Posted by shinjari

I spoke to my (3) managers. Ironically enough one of them is leaving too so he was basically like 'about time you left....you're too good for this place'

Manager #2 was trying to get me to stay.

All 3 were happy for me and my 2 other coworkers who are all leaving for the same company but different departments. So between the 3 of us theres 12+ years of experience they are losing in the span of a month. And then next month another one is joining us...so thats 17+ years of experience.

They all said we deserved it and were integral to the success of our current company.

That is weird about the car cover...did they give a reason?
Happy to see it went well dude!!

Old 11-15-2018, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
haven seen those weds in a while. classic! should go well with ur s2k.

specs?

Old 11-15-2018, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
I hope they look okay, to be honest I have no idea what I'm going to do with all these wheels. I intend on super infrequently driving the car and at this point I have three options haha.

They're 17x9 +42, 3mm more aggressive than my Advans and I already run a 3mm spacer in back for those, so should be perfect.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
having multiple wheels is always nice.

so this is a square setup for auto-x?

Old 11-15-2018, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Nope, just a set of wheels I saw for sale and have always liked so I bought. No plans to track the car yet, still want to get it better sorted mechanically, not for performance, just safety (pads/fluids/alignment/bushings/ball joints/etc.)

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?