General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 11:57 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Business travel sucks haha

A lot of people travel because that's how people like to show status & appear interesting.

I love to travel because I like seeing & experiencing things outside of my own limited bubble.

Just in the past four years I've gone from small college town, to completely rural area, to tiny exurban town, to medium sized suburb to a proper city, the hope is for the next jump to be to something totally different still. Experiences mean the world for me.
interesting indeed. so this is more like showing off for blogging purpose kinda.
ok that makes sense. i can see that. sounds valid.

my pops luved traveling so he took me to all sorts of places in the americas while i was a kid. i’ve seen and experienced many places. i mean work travel does not mean i’m stuck at the office or meeting all day. like a few weeks ago i was down in florida at the beaches and all between meetings. but again i rather be in my garage working on my car or RC or music etc.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
yah mike is bridging us middle aged dorks to the modern world. lol

Old 12-11-2018, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
at least i don’t drive a faking accord or maxima.. lol

Old 12-11-2018, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Your insight is interesting.

I still think this is an American thing going on. My wife works at a German company that sends younger interns over. First thing most seem to do when they get here is buy something cool and drive the snot out of it. One couple bought a hemi Challenger and the other couple I know bought a Mustang convertible. They find it strange that my wife drives a Golf that isn't a GTI. FWIW, I find it strange too. LOL
I think that may be a result of the German view of American and the wide open road, you know? The last few German interns here all car-pooled in an old Hyundai Accent from 2005ish haha. From what I've seen about Japanese car culture, less and less young folks are interested in cars there too, but from what I've read about the young population in Japan and they're not interested in....many things haha

Originally Posted by kenchan
interesting indeed. so this is more like showing off for blogging purpose kinda.
ok that makes sense. i can see that. sounds valid.

my pops luved traveling so he took me to all sorts of places in the americas while i was a kid. i’ve seen and experienced many places. i mean work travel does not mean i’m stuck at the office or meeting all day. like a few weeks ago i was down in florida at the beaches and all between meetings. but again i rather be in my garage working on my car or RC or music etc.
Yeah basically, "I can get months worth of content for Instagram if I take a long weekend trip to Iceland" sort of thing.

The biggest reason I don't want to go more aggressive with my S2000 is I want to use it for road trips, I hate being cooped up anywhere

Old 12-11-2018, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
In my case, I have so many reasons to like vehicles that it's hard for me to understand why everyone doesn't feel the same.

I couldn't care less about status, but I do like speed, technology, mechanics, freedom, and even the beauty of the machines that provide me those things. Whether it's a car, truck, boat, motorcycle, etc I like them all.

Funny related story...one of my neighbors teenage son's asked me where my truck went. I said I traded it in on the Lincoln. He said, in a sad for me voice..."sorry you had to do that." I was like...uh, the Lincoln is way, way faster, more comfortable, handles better, etc. It was a BIG upgrade. He just couldn't understand how that could be possible.

His Dad, on the other hand, has a yard full of pickup trucks. Like 7 of them. At most two of them actually run and none are worth more than $1,000. Happy for him that he's the cool Dad in his son's eyes, but sad for the hillbilly son.

Old 12-11-2018, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
mike i’m pretty sure ur s2k is already quite aggressive with the ride height and all! lol

Old 12-11-2018, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
His Dad, on the other hand, has a yard full of pickup trucks. Like 7 of them. At most two of them actually run and none are worth more than $1,000. Happy for him that he's the cool Dad in his son's eyes, but sad for the hillbilly son.
That's a weird thing for me. I've never liked the same sorts of cars as my dad. He's always loved muscle cars, jeeps & harleys, for me.......a world without those in a better world haha. Give me the small, light car and a Ducati 749 please.

mike i’m pretty sure ur s2k is already quite aggressive with the ride height and all! lol

Maybe a little lol

There's been a part of me that wants to sell the Advans and replace the J's lip with a full J's Type S body kit:

Or just get the J's side skirts & rear bumper and hope they look good with the front lip.

Old 12-11-2018, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Unrelated to the above, I've found in the last couple years that the stuff that makes me happiest on my cars are the small details that I see on a regular basis that most will never notice.

So last month I ordered a carbon plug cover for the AP1 (and last Friday I ordered a new OEM valve cover to mount it on), with the intention of having it pinstriped by a friend. I told him the only guideline was that I wanted something loosely floral in nature.

Last night he sent me a picture of the rough sketch he'd done to see how I felt about it and mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I'm so excited. This is one of those things that will make this car my own.

Cover:

Preview:

Sorry I kind of made this thread all about my car for a bit

Old 12-11-2018, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
nice yah i too like the little details myself. like the side diffusers and rear spats i installed on my Golf-R to accommodate the front CF splitter would go unnoticed by all people unless they were Golf-R owners.

just enough to make it mine is the theme i go for. my cars appear mostly stock these days.

Old 12-11-2018, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
still waiting for the right date to order the HKS cbe for it to land at my house while i’m home for the holidays..

Old 12-12-2018, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
alright back home, did a few house chores and test fitted that window visor i got for my Golf-R last week. for the most part it fits i suppose.. maybe for euro-precision guy that is okay, .but the jlander in me will not accept that the contour does not perfectly match the front door window frame adjacent to the a-pillar. i mean there is a good 2mm difference in the arch radius. told the seller to give me a full refund cause i dont want a 10ft car. the visor i installed on my STI last week was a perfect fit. i mean PERFECT to less than 0.2mm tolerance as the mugen visors ive installed on my Fits in the past.

if the store comes back and tells me 2mm is nothing on a car, that would be like that faking bonehead tinter that did my WRX.. he left a good 1.5-2mm gap between the seal and tint on the front small triangle glass at the top. my usual tint guy did my STI perfectly with zero gap in one try, but this new guy i tried attempted it 3x and he still couldnt get it right on either side. haha. not only that, he got pissy and blamed me for being too picky. LOL i just told him 'its okay its okay' like telling a 3 yr old that tipped over a glass of water at the dinner table and just let it go. so stupid.

alright, sanma for supper! my favorite grilled dead fish.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
so the store says itll take back the visor.. but ill have to pay return shipping and until they receive it, they wont refund my money.. hummm.. wait wat? not sure which snow flake globe theyre from, but i told them to send me the prepaid ship label if they want this thing back. because i will dispute through my credit card company and toss the thing in the trash. i wont get billed, and they'll get nothing back other than bad publicity.

wtf these little pos stores mang. why are they penalizing the customer for the store's incompetence? so stupid.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
i thinks gafit should enter the car parts store market with his online skills so dat i don’t have to deal with this BS.

so it looks like i can try the Borla CBE for WRX/STI too.. they sound pretty good and looks factory.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
alright, the store confirmed it is sending me a return ship label.

they shouldve just done that from the beginning or included a return label like how some retail stores do these days instead of pissing me off twice. once for poor fitment, another for BS return freight ordeal. ill still need to drop the thing off at a ups store whatnot.. which is a big waste of my time too but have been willing to help that. anyway let’s see if i can get the label by evening and i’ll drop it off over da weekend.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
too bad no one makes a nice fluid looking window visor for the golf’s. they all look like faking restaurant window canopies or awnings. lol

Old 12-13-2018, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
too bad no one makes a nice fluid looking window visor for the golf’s. they all look like faking restaurant window canopies or awnings. lol
How about the OEM VW ones? I was looking at those with the actual VW part number from the dealer and they looked ok in pics.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
yah i looked at them too but the two pieces do not flow together. they’re like the generic ones weathertech sells, right?

Old 12-13-2018, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
That's too bad. For all I know, they may be reboxed weathertech.

I'm glad we have Mugen for our Fit. Love them!

Old 12-13-2018, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
yah the JDM knows how to window visor fosho.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Is this thread still a thing? Sorry be AWOL for a bit. Hope everyone is doing well!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?