General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Exactly! Why not both!? Granted it'd turn into, "if we can afford both then we should go on 2 trips, not 1 trip and wheel/tire combo." FML. lol.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
I'm going to be honest.

I think I'd rather do two trips than any more wheels & tires.

But I also already have too many haha

Old 01-29-2019, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
LOL well yeah....if I was in your shoes with so many sets of wheels...I just want 1 set haha.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
I just want more trips, I'll trade you some weds for a trip haha

Old 01-30-2019, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Lol.

Man I built a wheel tire package on a website and it said $1575 shipped to my door with locking lugs. SO I'd just have to get hub centric rings.
Went to same website, started live chat option to get a the same package but with hub centric rings and to remove the TPMS sensors. Representative quoted me $1950. What? "Oh that's weird, must be a price error on our system"

Ok...guess I'll just buy the hub centric rings myself and use the website package builder to save me $375 when the time is right lol.

Stay warm out there in that polar vortex. My kid is in Minnesota and out of school due to he -50° windchill.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Keep or sell OEM setup? Figure if I keep the OEM setup that's just in case I ever sell the car in the future. Or if I keep the car 'forever'...then selling the OEMs would offset some of the cost of the new wheels/tires.

Old 01-31-2019, 11:06 AM
My vote is to sell....to me!

I like holding on to things if finances/space/boss-lady allow for it.

Old 01-31-2019, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Keep or sell OEM setup? Figure if I keep the OEM setup that's just in case I ever sell the car in the future. Or if I keep the car 'forever'...then selling the OEMs would offset some of the cost of the new wheels/tires.
If you have the space, I'd keep them personally. But I don't think it is a huge deal either way.

I'm sick, again. Nose thing last week & now the worst stomach bug I've ever dealt with.

Winter sucks.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
If you have the space, I'd keep them personally. But I don't think it is a huge deal either way.

I'm sick, again. Nose thing last week & now the worst stomach bug I've ever dealt with.

Winter sucks.
Was it something you ate?

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 01-31-2019, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Was it something you ate?

Hope you feel better soon!
No idea, I had work off yesterday because of the cold, around 9 PM boom I was smashed with stomach/back pain/chills, standard flu stuff.

Thanks! I'm hoping it's a standard stomach thing that works itself out in a day or two (per the Mayo Clinic).

Old 01-31-2019, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
No idea, I had work off yesterday because of the cold, around 9 PM boom I was smashed with stomach/back pain/chills, standard flu stuff.

Thanks! I'm hoping it's a standard stomach thing that works itself out in a day or two (per the Mayo Clinic).
I avoid looking online when I am sick - if I think it is a mild cold before checking the internet, afterwards I am sure I am dying within 30 minutes.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
I avoid looking online when I am sick - if I think it is a mild cold before checking the internet, afterwards I am sure I am dying within 30 minutes.
100% same but I wanted a non-death based option too

Old 02-01-2019, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
Mike, hope you are feeling better today!

Shinjari, I, 100% always, keep my stock stuff. I've learned I don't keep any car forever and aftermarket parts generally lead to questions and devaluation at trade in time. I even put my HEAVILY modified SE-R back to stock before trading it in. Listed all the parts on a forum at about 40% original price and they sold super quickly that way. Ended up getting book trade in on the car and pocketed a few thousand from the parts. That money of course went into new parts for the next ride. And I wonder why I'm poor. LOL

Buy car for X, buy performance parts for said car at x. Sell car for .4x and parts for .4x. Rinse and repeat roughly 12 times and counting.

Oh well, it's slightly cheaper than hookers and blow and a little healthier.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Mike hope you recovered man.

Yeah I'm likely keeping the OEM wheels/tires. I should have learned from the GE. I had the Rays and OEMs....sold the OEMS like a month after owning the car...when I traded in the Fit for the Civic 18 months later I had to buy some cheapo (Katana) wheels on it because like hell I was trading it in with the Rays on it lol. Think after buying the Katanas/mount and balance...and selling the rays themselves I was +350 lol.

Buddy who was gonna put his Civic back to stock reached out to me yesterday. Asked if I was still interested in the wheels and BCracing Coilovers with Swift springs. The suspension is tempting since I know the swifts are a great upgrade and will ride nice. But just dont think I 'need' them since the H&R springs I got right now are pretty perfect and also dont think the 'boss' would let me get coils AND those wheels I want. Wheels > Coilovers at this point haha.

Did the 2nd oil change on the Civic yesterday @ 15k miles with 10% MM. Pretty painless. Was going to do the tire rotation...I was in the middle of doing the passenger side when the storm hit...so I had the car lifted, wheels off....then got drenched. Since I couldnt do the driver side in that downpour, I just put the passenger side back together haha. Maybe if the storm lets up today, I'll try again.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks all, feeling much better.

I too wouldn't bother with coilovers, if you're already happy with springs.

I replaced my headlight bulbs after noticing one was burnt out.

Didn't notice my marker light was also burnt out so have to buy those bulbs too.

Oh well, I can drive at night again so that's pretty neat.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
I'll add some GTI content lol

Picked up a used downpipe. Should be going to Stage 2 soon.

Name:  ZNrKLHYl.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  73.1 KB

Old 02-04-2019, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah only 'benefit' from the coils is getting the settings JUST right.

And that is one shazzy down pipe. Nice welds!

Super bowl was kinda boring...enjoyed the company I was with so thats nice haha.

Happy Monday...it's supposed to rain most of this week for us.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
It has been above freezing three days in a row here, let me tell you a thing or two about luxury.

The height JUST right is an all time great feel when it comes to car modification. I raised the rear of the S2000 by something like 8mm last year and it just made all the different in the world.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
It's definitely nice being able to get the "just right" ride height with coilovers. Last time I had coilovers I spent a whole week trying to get them where I wanted. That was with a set of JIC's on the SE-R. I ended up darn close to max height all the way around.

When I get coilovers for the Fit I will just start with max height all around and then adjust to get a slight forward rake. With front wheel drive, I like to load the front and I'm not a stance guy. Give me a 1-2" drop on most cars and i'm happy.

That down pipe does look nice! In VW speak do they consider that the down pipe and mid-pipe? Looks to be more than half the length of the car.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I'm pretty happy with the drop the H&Rs give. But I do recall having the GE dialed in just right and it was such a satisfying feeling. The OEM wheels are deceiving due to the color and what not. Hopefully the ESRs i'm looking at will look clean. I have ~1 finger gap all around and I think that's pretty on point.

3 days of +32°F weather huh? must be nice.

Thoughts on tires guys? I'm leaning towards these Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...romSurvey=true
Considered Ultra High Performance All seasons. 500 tread rating. It was those or these. All perform about the same, cost ~$150 each (per https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...sp?type=UHPAS)
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...romSurvey=true
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...romSurvey=true
Figure anything with a 400+ tread life would be good for 30-35k miles.

I figure since I hit the snow from time to time t go Skiing that it would be advantageous to get All seasons over the Firehawk Indy 500 summers I was looking at.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?