General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Any of those should be fine, to be honest I haven't driven on any all-seasons in a few years.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
I've owned quite a few all season "performance" tires including Yohohama's similar to those and those BFG's. Never owned Coopers, but a good friend had Cooper Zeon's on his Maxima. The Coopers had a fair amount of tread noise that got worse as they wore. I've had those BFG's and they were so-so.

The only all season I've owned that were even close to what I'd consider performance tires are Michelin A/S 3+. Other's are just too soft of sidewall and don't have performance like traction.

That being said, I'm sure any of those choices will hold up fine. I'd error towards the Yokohama's just because I've had the most good experienced with those.

Just my $.01.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
I'll add some GTI content lol

Picked up a used downpipe. Should be going to Stage 2 soon.

Very nice find! I saw that for sale & wondered if it was you who scooped it up. Stage 2 already? That power is addictive for sure.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
All seasons or any tire choice is a very personal thing. What is a great tire to one person is a so so tire to another. I had a set off Cooper high performance all seasons & they well & truly sucked. The noise they made was terrible.

A friend ran the BFG's on his GTI & liked them a lot. When my Conti DSW-06 tires wear out I may try a set. I do like the Conti DWS-06 tires a lot, but they give up a lot of dry grip for their all season ability.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe i'm being 'cheap'...Those Michelin Pilot sports seem to be at the top of several lists...albeit ~$50 more each. $150 vs $200.

I mean it seems that either way would be an improvement over the Continental ContiProContact All-seasons I have now, at least ratings-wise. I find my current tires decent, grip well and ok in the rain. So if any of the UHPAS ones are an improvement I think I'll be good.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
I have been looking at tires as well. I had the summer version of the BFG Sport Comp 2's and they were a great on my Civic and Fit. They were noisy and I got 2-3 summers out of them. For all seasons I was looking at:

Continental Extreme Contact DWS
Pilot Super Sport
Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2
Yokohama Advan Sport
BFG Sport Comp 2's

Best one for me seemed to be the Conti based on price and performance but I want the summer DW's. That will force me to buy winter wheels and tires when the time comes. The Fit was transformed with summer tires I can only imagine how the GTI will be. I may just stick with the BFG since I have had them before and liked them.

Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Stage 2 already? That power is addictive for sure.
Not part of the plan as I was saving up for coilovers and a clutch but it was close and a decent deal. That power is addictive for sure which is why I didn't give it much thought I wasn't going to tune it for a year. I just wanted to add some sound with a nice exhaust but for the price of the exhaust I was looking at 40+ Hp with a tune. Hell yeah, sign me up!!! For a third of the price of coilovers I could add another 20Hp and make the car sound better. Here just take my money

Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah only 'benefit' from the coils is getting the settings JUST right.
Which in my opinion is worth the extra cost. Like Mike said just that little tweak in height can make all the difference.

Nice welds!
I am a sucker for some good welds!!

Originally Posted by GAFIT
In VW speak do they consider that the down pipe and mid-pipe? Looks to be more than half the length of the car.
It is about half the car lol. They consider it to just be a downpipe but it is a cat and midpipe section so its really more then just a downpipe. It's the CTS one and it has some beautiful welds!!

Old 02-04-2019, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
I'm going to get my Fit Conti ExtremeContactSport summer tires, 195/50/16.

When the S2000 needs new tires I'll do Bridgestone S007A.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
When the S2000 needs new tires I'll do Bridgestone S007A.
Those are nice!! Not a bad price either for a 225/40/18

How soon will the Fit need tires? I'm curious how the Conti's will do on it.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
Those are nice!! Not a bad price either for a 225/40/18

How soon will the Fit need tires? I'm curious how the Conti's will do on it.
The Fit is getting tires in april-ish, when I put my new (used) wheels on it. The only tires I own for it at the moment at the blizzaks I have on the snow tires.

I'm a firm believer in buying the best tire possible.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
The Fit is getting tires in april-ish, when I put my new (used) wheels on it. The only tires I own for it at the moment at the blizzaks I have on the snow tires.

I'm a firm believer in buying the best tire possible.
If I had multiple sets of wheels I'd have the same logic!
If I recall, you're quite the minimalist aren't you?

3rd day in a row of rain on the commute. People here in SoCal panic when there is so much as a spilt beverage on the road "OMG the road is wet! Better drive 1/4th the speed limit!"

Now see, if I had a 3rd car (SUV/truck) that would be used for the snow...then I'd just be putting summer tires forever on the civic haha.

So
Happy
Its
Tuesday

Old 02-05-2019, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
If I had multiple sets of wheels I'd have the same logic!
If I recall, you're quite the minimalist aren't you?

3rd day in a row of rain on the commute. People here in SoCal panic when there is so much as a spilt beverage on the road "OMG the road is wet! Better drive 1/4th the speed limit!"

Now see, if I had a 3rd car (SUV/truck) that would be used for the snow...then I'd just be putting summer tires forever on the civic haha.

So
Happy
Its
Tuesday
Keep the OEM wheels with all-seasons for snow :P

I want to be a minimalist, but I have certain things that I really like & have a bunch of. 100ish books, 20ish pairs of shoes, four sets of wheels, etc.

I'm trying to sell the Weds though! Narrowing my fleet!

Old 02-05-2019, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Keep the OEM wheels with all-seasons for snow :P
Kinda read my mind regarding this. Figure if I'm going somewhere like that, I'll know in advance and I won't want to use my 'fancy' wheel anyways. With my floor jack and cordless impact....a wheel rotation/swap takes all ~10 minutes. May have to do Summer tires! haha.

Sure its a Toyota...but the SEMA Corolla Hatch was pretty slick IMO.

Last edited by shinjari; 02-05-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
I really like the new Corolla hatch, even in stock form. Every time I've swung by the dealership to drive one they've only had the autos on hand. I think my mom would love one with the 6MT.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
My Mom is talking about trading in her GE Fit for a RAV4.

I'm trying to find something/anything else to recommend. I can't stand front wheel drive sport ute's, but she wants a hatch with better visibility than a car.

My best option is probably to talk her into a used 4Runner. Also not my cup of tea, but I at least respect those.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
I'd RAV4 over 4runner by a huge margin for like 99% of ppl.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
That Corolla hatch looks sexy!!! I really like that!! Wonder if it drives like a corolla or Toyota actually put some sport into it.

HRV or CRV?

Old 02-05-2019, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Better visibility than the fish bowl known as the GE? Wow. The Rav4 is 'fine'...but 4runner is way better IMO.

As for the Corolla Hatch...I like that red above...but that's not even an option. Maybe the bronze color? I keep seeing Civic hatch vs Corolla Hatch comparisons but I think the civic has more to offer. Guess Civic = enthusiast, Corolla = Point A to Point B car. Both are functional and reliable but have different 'roots' if you will.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Guess Civic = enthusiast, Corolla = Point A to Point B car. Both are functional and reliable but have different 'roots' if you will.
That's how I describe the difference.

Do you enjoy driving and want reliability get a Honda
Is a car an appliance and you just need reliably transportation get a Toyota

The Toyota will never die but you can't die when you have no soul

Toyota can make fun to drive cars (Scion, Supra, MR2, old Corolla) their current market is just not the enthusiast type I suppose.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Civic is quick. Corolla is a dog. Nuff said.

I wish the 1.5t was available in the HR-V. I wouldn't buy one or recommend anyone else buy one with the na 1.8 and cvt. Neighbor has one and it's just a bad combo.

My Dad has a CR-V with the 1.5t and cvt and, while I don't care for it, it performs better than you'd think. It's not overly slow and he gets great fuel mileage.

I like that the Toyota's still use a standard auto. Toyota goes for pure reliability over all else and I can appreciate that.

I find this entire class of vehicles to be nauseating to even discuss. They are all my definition of poor driving junk. I can't think of any that have respectable 0-60, 60-0, and skidpad numbers. They are low powered cars with lifted, overburdened suspensions. That's about as bad of a driving dynamic that I can think of.

On the "visibility" thing...she want's to sit higher. That's the problem with all of the trucks and suv's on the road. They make driving our cars not as fun because of visibility. I'm trying to talk her into shinjari's car. I still think that's about the smartest under $25k new car buy.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
People often don't realize just how high the Fit sits. TBH I barely sit any lower than people in compact crossovers.

I hate SUV, they block visibility for others & the more of those on the road the more likely other people are to buy them to combat that....except if everyone is higher there's no benefit to being high haha

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?