General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Ha! Sounds like how I felt the GE felt after installing the Progress RSB. Rear was so firm but it sure handled great!

Last edited by shinjari; 02-26-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure if any of you 'phone' people...but I think I may be jumping on one of the newer Samsung Galaxy phones, namely the S10+. My provider offered me a stellar upgrade deal/offer + the 'free' Galaxy Buds. Currently using a LG V20 which has worked great for the last 2.5 years. It is getting a little buggy, battery not lasting as long (sure I can get a new battery) and LG isn't updating the native apps anymore so some built in apps I can't update/delete/replace which is annoying. Overall it works, but considering the 'upgrade' option. I typically keep a phone 3ish years before it gets too buggy/slow and I upgrade.

The S10+ should be a sizable upgrade, faster CPU clock speed, double the onboard storage, double the RAM, smaller size but bigger screen since its goes edge to edge with no bezels. Only things I'm losing with the LG is the Quad DAC, IR blaster, FM Radio, removable battery and manual camera controls (iso/shutter speed etc) but in all honesty I used the IR/FM/Manual controls only a handful of times.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Those all sound big fancy. My OnePlus 5 is still chugging along, I don't want to replace it anytime soon, I'm really used to it and like it a bunch.

I look at it the same way as my GE, it isn't perfect and I've definitely seen greener grass from a distance but I'm happy with what I've got.

Related to the GE, I bought tires to mount on the Advans. I was going to go with Continental ExtremeContact Sport, but that just seems like overkill for a car I only use to commute. So I picked up General GMAX AS-05, they're supposed to be 'performance' all-seasons, which should be perfect for wheels that I use from last snow fall to first snowfall.

Funny enough (to me), they're both made in France. I always like to look at where my tires are made, Azenis on the S2000, Dunlop ZII on the storage wheels for the AP1 and Blizzaks are all made in Japan and now France for these.

They are ugly, but I saved $150 by using these:

The reviews are great too (from Tire Rack):

G-MAX AS-05 seems alive and eager, with quick reflexes and a nimble feel. Some mild oversteer requires concentration, but it is easily controllable and rewarding to drive quickly.
the General has an authoritative front end, with matching grip in the rear that builds confidence and allows the driver to really push through all sectors on the track
The General G-MAX AS-05 feels athletic in everything it does, from the immediate and precise response to the driver's inputs, to the taut ride, to the easily-managed oversteer around the track. Test-leading wet traction completes the package
I went with 195/50/16 in hopes that combined with the 16x7 +38 wheels I won't have to roll my fenders lol

Last edited by mike410b; 02-27-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
I’m an Apple guy so I only have iPhones lol. Have a 7 (I think) now and that’s only because my screen started acting funny in my 5 after almost 3 years. The faster processing speeds and better camera are definitely a plus though and after upgrading I realized how slow my old phone was. Definitely makes being on the forum and YouTube more enjoyable.

I think those tires were a good choice Mike! For the Fit those should be perfect. I have been eyeballing some Pirelli Nero Zero’s that are for sale brand new from a guy on the GTI forum but he is kinda far away and I need to look through the tire reviews more. Choosing a tire is stressful for me lol

Old 02-27-2019, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah my LG is getting a little buggy/slow. It works, but one of those may be tough to pass up kinda deals. I like the OnePlus 6t...but sprint doesn't carry it and don't really wanna buy one for full MSRP. Figure the Samsung will last me 3-4 years like my phones usually last.

Yeah man those tires look/sound good. I mean its not like you're autoX'ing the GE or anything. Some good DD performance is all you need.

Not to start anything Political...but this Cohen hearing is intense.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Those all sound big fancy. My OnePlus 5 is still chugging along, I don't want to replace it anytime soon, I'm really used to it and like it a bunch.
one plus devices is what took me away from samsung, and I never looked back since 2014 - the release of the orig oneplus one. tmobile gave us a rad incentive, $300 trade in credit (YES, on a 5 yr old phone, that was $299 brand new) towards a oneplus 6t, and I must say this is by far my fav of all the op phones

those of you who have used nothing but samsungs ... there are greener pasteur's .... consider something else ... ANYTHIGN else .... LG, Google, OnePlus, Huawei, Asus/Razer gaming phones, etc etc.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
one plus devices is what took me away from samsung, and I never looked back since 2014 - the release of the orig oneplus one. tmobile gave us a rad incentive, $300 trade in credit (YES, on a 5 yr old phone, that was $299 brand new) towards a oneplus 6t, and I must say this is by far my fav of all the op phones

those of you who have used nothing but samsungs ... there are greener pasteur's .... consider something else ... ANYTHIGN else .... LG, Google, OnePlus, Huawei, Asus/Razer gaming phones, etc etc.
That's good to hear! I'll look into a OnePlus for my next move. After a SLEW of failed Samsungs, we switched to Apple about 8 years ago. Was great for a while, but I've not been thrilled with Apple lately. Never liked them as a Co, but now not thrilled with their phones.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I had a iPhone 3g which was great but I wanted more 'freedom' with my OS so I got a Galaxy s3 ages ago and that treated me well. Didn't like the bloatware so I rooted it, much better. Then LG g3 for 3 years...that bricked. Had a Samsung Note 7 for a bit until they FORCED me to give it back lol. Now LG V20...starting to act up after 2.5ish years. The S10+ just seems to fit the bill for me. We will see. Considered a iPhone as an upgrade...the one thing they get right is the camera just works. I feel that most android cameras fall behind. I do like my ultra-wide lens on my LG though. Way more useful than a telephoto.

I do use bittorrent on my mobile to watch shows/anime/etc in my free time at work so that eliminates apple as an option as well.

Last edited by shinjari; 02-27-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
I think those tires were a good choice Mike! For the Fit those should be perfect. I have been eyeballing some Pirelli Nero Zero’s that are for sale brand new from a guy on the GTI forum but he is kinda far away and I need to look through the tire reviews more. Choosing a tire is stressful for me lol
I know what sort of tires I want for my S2000, but man I know nothing about 'normal' tires haha. Hoping these are good, the reviews were glowing so I'm hoping they live up to them.

Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah man those tires look/sound good. I mean its not like you're autoX'ing the GE or anything. Some good DD performance is all you need.

Not to start anything Political...but this Cohen hearing is intense.
Exactly on the tires!

And yeah...that Cohen hearing was something. No further comment to avoid anything controversial haha

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
one plus devices is what took me away from samsung, and I never looked back since 2014 - the release of the orig oneplus one.
heck yeah

Originally Posted by shinjari
Considered a iPhone as an upgrade...the one thing they get right is the camera just works. I feel that most android cameras fall behind. I do like my ultra-wide lens on my LG though. Way more useful than a telephoto.
I am so, so terrible with phone cameras. It blows my mind how utterly useless I am using one.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:29 AM
Happy Friday, first of the month, and all that "jazz!"

Thumbed through my copy of Grassroots Motorsports last night and, of course, they mention the MR2 (second generation). Craigslist and eBay-stalking ensued. Nothing reasonable, of course, but down, down the rabbit hole I went. Somehow went from the MR2 to looking for a Miata, BRZ/FRS, RX7. Does this happen to anyone else?

Old 03-01-2019, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Happens to me often haha

SW20 (2nd gen) MR2 are really cool. I almost bought one after I graduated college instead of the NA Miata I wound up buying. I often wish I had, but I prefer the S2000 to both so it worked out.

So when it rains it pours. Got an oil change in the Fit yesterday & per the stealership the car finally needs new brake pads after 106k miles. Just ordered a pair of stoptech sport pads & rotors for a total of a whopping $78. While I was on rockauto I picked up coil packs, spark plugs & some rotors for the S2000.

Now I just need to buy dampers for the Fit, various gaskets for both cars & to check if the calipers/wheel bearings are in good working order on the S2000. My bank account hates this all so much.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Does this happen to anyone else?
Yes!! That happens to me often, then after looking I come back to reality. Recently I was on CL looking for older GTI's (MK1,MK2). Before that I was looking at a semi local JDM dealer that imports cars. Supra, Silvia, GTR. One day lol.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:48 PM
Happens to me often haha

SW20 (2nd gen) MR2 are really cool. I almost bought one after I graduated college instead of the NA Miata I wound up buying. I often wish I had, but I prefer the S2000 to both so it worked out.

So when it rains it pours. Got an oil change in the Fit yesterday & per the stealership the car finally needs new brake pads after 106k miles. Just ordered a pair of stoptech sport pads & rotors for a total of a whopping $78. While I was on rockauto I picked up coil packs, spark plugs & some rotors for the S2000.

Now I just need to buy dampers for the Fit, various gaskets for both cars & to check if the calipers/wheel bearings are in good working order on the S2000. My bank account hates this all so much.
Thankfully you are saving on gas-money by carpooling. And switching to Geico could save you 15% or more.

Originally Posted by GolNat
Yes!! That happens to me often, then after looking I come back to reality. Recently I was on CL looking for older GTI's (MK1,MK2). Before that I was looking at a semi local JDM dealer that imports cars. Supra, Silvia, GTR. One day lol.
Reality sure does suck. Financially, I can absorb the purchase of a project-car and the money that would be required for parts, as I am sure many of my fellow FFers can. The issue becomes what I could/should be doing with that money instead of sinking it into an emotionally gratifying money-pit.

I suppose my kids need straight teeth and unholy clothes when they get to college. But how would they get around...??

Old 03-01-2019, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Reality sure does suck. Financially, I can absorb the purchase of a project-car and the money that would be required for parts, as I am sure many of my fellow FFers can. The issue becomes what I could/should be doing with that money instead of sinking it into an emotionally gratifying money-pit.
Same for me. It's hard enough justifying buying a car part that is not needed for the DD let alone a "project" car. I tell myself to leave the DD car stock and buy a cheap project car (civic hatch) for fun so that I can really go all out and make it fun. That way I don't have to compromise as much but I do enjoy driving and experiencing my mods on a daily basis.

I suppose my kids need straight teeth and unholy clothes when they get to college. But how would they get around...??
Yea I suppose lol. My kids are both under 5 but with extra activities like gymnastics and them growing out of stuff so quickly extra fun cash can be hard to come by. House stuff, Disney trip fund for when my youngest turns 5 plus all those adult things like 401k don't help.

I could maybe do a project car when my son is older especially if he is interested in cars. It's a project car for when he starts driving dear. If he is into sports then idk what I'll do lol.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member
I lost my spare TPMS sensors for the GE.

Now I have to buy a set for the GE

Old 03-04-2019, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member
I lost my spare TPMS sensors for the GE.

Now I have to buy a set for the GE
No you don't. That little light won't hurt anything.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
I know, my main justification is that I HATE warning lights because you can't dim them. When I drive at night I turn my interior lighting all the way down to save my eyes and the TPMS light is bordering on painful.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
I understand. I dim mine as well for better night vision. You can always try a little square of electrical tape. But you'd probably notice the glow behind it, lol.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I totally agree on dash light brightness. It can be ridiculous bright at 100% especially with some aggressive colors some brands use like blue....I usually run abut 50-60% brightness.

Still raining every other day out here...been a month since I've been 'ready' to detail the cars for spring...but NO....rain rain rain.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
I'll trade you the 3+ feet of snow in my backyard for that rain!

I'm tired of shoveling.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?