General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I'm thinking that the door handles will need to be painted body color to look right? Black may make it look too base model?
Body color would look best I think. You could try the black though ad just peel it off if it looks too base model.

Thoughts on what to do with the billboard in the back? Maybe pastidip the whole thing black?
That's a hard one. Might look a little out of place being black. Body color? I can't decide if I like it lol

Google images:

Old 04-17-2019, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
GolNat, I really appreciate the suggestions and advice. This is a work in progress.

Here's where it's at now...

Old 04-17-2019, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, and please look past the dirty house. Have someone scheduled for pressure washing later this month.

Also, considering doing the grille bars and surround in black. Thoughts? I'd leave the mesh whatever color it is and just do the flat surfaces.

A good friend made fun of me and said I should have bought an XL. LOL, a bit of truth to that. My favorite looking F150 is the STX which is a package on the XL. Guess I'm odd that I like EVERY feature and performance option, but prefer basic/sport for looks.

Last edited by GAFIT; 04-17-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered another set of F150 Platinum badges for the fenders. I'm going to paint them body color and compare to see what I like best.

There's a good chance that there will be several revisions until I get the look I like.

I probably should have just bought a Raptor. Those look perfect for their intended purpose.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
Looking good! The side mirrors and fender emblems are on point.

I kinda feel the black handles will look out of place. The front grille and rear panel are definitely interesting...I feel that they are too large to go black, but that's just like...you know...my opinion man.

When looking at bed covers I came across this...

I do like the factory ford roll up one..but I think you have more options that are below that price range.

Last edited by shinjari; 04-18-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Is that a Mustang above? LOL

I found out that the giant billboard on the back is held on by like 24 tabs that go through holes and half of them break if you try to remove the applique. Also found out that it's stupid expensive and the complete tailgate is something like $5k. They are hot theft items which I guess is part of the reason the Platinum's include an actual perimeter and motion alarm from the factory.

So, I think I'm going to just leave the applique alone. Maybe just do the F150 and Ford badge in black plastidip along with the chrome strip at the top?

Ordered paint and supplies so I can do the door handles and second set of fender badges in body color.

I'm glad the mirrors turned out OK. What I really wanted was to replace them with the trailer tow mirrors. That was until I found out the drivers side is $750 and the passenger side is $900. All this sh!t is just stupid expensive.

On a more fun subject, I ordered an oil separator, K&N, low temp thermostat, and two custom tunes today. Ordered a 93 octane performance/tow tune and a 94 octane "race" tune. Only has 300 miles so far, but looking forward to getting it to the track once broken in and see how it does on the hot tune.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Still plugging away at the chrome removal...

Old 04-22-2019, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
Looking good!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and Easter (assuming you celebrate it).

Got my new shift knob on Friday. Figured out why it looked like it had bee assembled wrong/tampered with, I had gotten Katzkin Leather upholstery for the car when I first got it. The car originally had the tan/black interior...but I wanted all black. Dealer cut me a deal to basically throw in the Katzkin leather since that specific car had been sitting on the lot for a few weeks whereas others were flying off the lot. Worked out for me...after seeing the OEM knob it had clicked that my original leather knob got reupholstered in the Katzkin leather. Well the OEM leather isn't as plush as the OEM, but hopefully it shouldn't peel back like the altered one did.

Besides that just did some house stuff/projects and saw some friends on Easter. Been catching up on the F1 2019 season. Only 3 races in so far but still fun as heck.

Happy Monday!

Old 04-22-2019, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Kind of nice to hear it wasn't a Honda quality issue.

I hope that my Wife goes back to driving a manual when it's time for her next vehicle. That will be a while since we've only had the Golf two years, but I'd like to see her in a manual Civic Sport hatch some day.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
If only the GF was more interested in driving a manual...then she could drive my car from time to time. Granted she wants to drive it on dirt rods to where her horse is being boarded...So maybe its a good thing she doesn't drive my car. I'm already angry at soft paint with the 5-6 chips I have in the front bumper after only 20 months of ownership.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Happy Monday everyone.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by shinjari
Happy Monday everyone.
Hope your commute is/was easy. Rain in SoCal makes for some...interesting...drives.

I do not remember if I mentioned this already, but I am down to a few payments left on the minivan. The pragmatic side says it will be a great opportunity to use that money and invest/save for the future...and the devil on my shoulder says GTI. The ECU modification seems like cheating with such an increase in hp/tq with a relatively small expenditure of cash.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable, restorative weekend.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Commute was fine despite the slightly wet morning. I leave home early enough that commute is typically pretty painless.

Yeah I hear ya on the devil on one should and angel on the other shoulder dilemma haha. Save vs Spend on 'fun' is a nonstop battle.

Drove our friends 2012 Rav4 the last 2 days since they left it with us while they are back visiting family in Spain for the next few months. It was due to be driven since its been sitting ~2 weeks. Just want to keep the battery charged and fluids moving and my 25 mile one way commute seemed perfect for it.

It is a good A to B, high visibility, easy to drive, super roomy/functional, nothing to worry about type of car. It is also soulless, gutless and an absolute bore to drive if you remotely take any joy from driving. Even when you floor it, it goes no where. Utterly appalling to drive. Drove my Civic this morning...such a relief and pleasure to drive. Not looking forward to driving the Rav4 again in a few weeks.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
That's a good description of pretty much any vehicle with an automatic transmission and low horsepower.

The only way a car with an automatic can be fun for me is if it's fast. Otherwise it's just an appliance. Some are nicer than others, but just an appliance to go from point a to point b.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Happy Monday everyone.

Visited friends in Phoenix this weekend and to attend the beginning of Slayer's final tour.

Then did some offroading while we were there in my buddies 4runner. Super capable vehicle for something in stock form, was pleasantly surprised.

Of course this meant the Civic's front end was annihilated with bug and what not again. Sunday washed the cars...and of course its raining today and tomorrow.

Old 05-22-2019, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member

Old 05-22-2019, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't figure anyone wants truck updates. LOL That's been my area of interest lately.

Fit has had more use since I bought the truck than it's had since it was retired almost 2 years ago. It's become my daily. Love that little thing!

It will start getting love once I finish up truck stuff. Should be in a couple of weeks. Driving the 16mpg truck will give me good incentive to get the Fit done quickly.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Funny you mention the truck vs fit...I was looking at Frontiers/4runners recently for a 3rd car or even daily. Hard to justify when my commute is 25 miles one way. Did the math and the Civic costs me about $1500 a year for gas with the ~33mpg I'm getting...a 4runner/frontier averages 17ish (in stock form) so if that was my daily my gas spending would basically double lol.

What have you done with the f150? do that tune? more black out parts?

Old 05-22-2019, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Here's how it sits now with 34" tires, Bilstein suspension, door handles painted body color, all other chrome in black, black lug nuts, molded mud flaps, rear wheel well liners...not sure what else, but it will give an idea.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Hard to tell in the picture, but it sits UP!

Also installed a Raptor steering wheel. The paddles are really nice. Moved my Platinum trim piece over to the Raptor wheel and kept the heated option and all buttons. Taking apart the dash for the wiring wasn't so much fun though.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?