General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Old 05-22-2019, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Tune, low temp thermostat and full fluid change over to Driven oils will happen as soon as it hits 1,000 miles. Should be shortly...

Old 05-22-2019, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Truck updates are always great too! Anything with a motor and 4 wheels is awesome in my book.

Truck is looking awesome though. Getting rid of the chrome makes a big difference and makes it look so much better. Suspension is looking about perfect. That Raptor steering wheel is on point too! Ready for the tune.

I have never heard of Driven oil but it looks to be great stuff and the price is very reasonable.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks! I agree about the engine/motor, but I'm even good with 2, 3, 4, or 6 wheels Never got much into unicycles, but maybe they are cool?

Getting the stance right was a bit of a hassle. The front is adjustable ride height, but requires removing the strut/coil assembly to adjust. These trucks are NOT simple to work on. Doing the front requires unbolting every bit of front suspension...even the axles. So, I set it at +1.75", put it all back together and then realized it lifted the front almost 3 inches. It was dead level with a tape measure front to rear. That had it looking low in the rear even though it wasn't. Not wanting to pull it all back apart, I ordered a different block for the rear and raised it 1.25". That got it looking right, but....

Then the tires looked tiny I'm worse than a woman shoe shopping when it comes to my vehicles so that led me to visiting my tire guy. He pulled tires out until we found what would fit and fill the then giant gaping wheel wells. That equaled a 34" tire.

Roughly one million dollars later and the truck now sits like I wanted and rides great with the Bilstein's. Tires are Nitto Terra Grappler G2's which get decent reviews.

Driven Racing OIls was founded by Joe Gibbs. Not sure I would know about it if it weren't for my buddies that still race. It's supposed to be about the best out there right now. Runs $10-13/quart depending on which fluid I believe. What sold me is that they make a Direct Injected specific oil. The DI30 is specifically for direct injected turbo charged/supercharged vehicles calling for 5w30. Basically it's made for the late model GM and Ford performance vehicles. One of my buddies works at a speed shop still so I ordered it through him.

This is definitely the most I've ever spent on a vehicle in the first 30 days. Will be slowing this down a whole bunch here soon.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
Truck looks fantastic! Yeah this may have been a fit thread...but any motorized vehicle related stuff is good in my book.

Good call on the color matched door handles looks super clean. Lift is on point and doesn't look 'too' big over all even with the slightly larger tires.

Happy Thursday everyone.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:07 PM
I haven't driven a GTI but I consider my fit a baby GTI.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Then the tires looked tiny I'm worse than a woman shoe shopping when it comes to my vehicles so that led me to visiting my tire guy. He pulled tires out until we found what would fit and fill the then giant gaping wheel wells. That equaled a 34" tire.
Getting the perfect tire and wheel combo is important!

It's supposed to be about the best out there right now. Runs $10-13/quart depending on which fluid I believe.
That's about how much Redline run's. I just found a local place that carries it and it's the same price as online which is nice. The GTI seems to really like it. I am at 5k miles on the oil now so will be changing it shortly and sending a sample to Blackstone. Got a magnetic drain plug too.

Originally Posted by Coaster1
I haven't driven a GTI but I consider my fit a baby GTI.
The Fit kinda is in a way and if Honda added boost it would be a serious hot hatch contender. Honda is capable of matching VW's fit and finish but if they kept the price low it wouldn't matter if it was not as "refined". I guess that is what the Type R is for though.

Old 06-01-2019, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Any of you guys ride motorcycles?

Old 06-01-2019, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't ridden in 8 years. Still have my zx9 and plan on riding again someday. Quit when my wife got pregnant with our son out of courtesy to her because she loved riding on the back and I didn't want to torment her by riding off without her while she stayed home with the boy.

Started with a zx600r, bought the zx9, and then added a Triumph Sprint RS. My RS was a rare single sided swing arm version. All were good bikes in their own way, but my zx9 is my baby. For about 10 years a group of friends and I hit every bike week and biketoberfest. Over those 10 years I demo'd everything from a Boss Hoss to Aprilia's with Harley's and Victory's mixed in. Never found anything I wanted more than my Nine.

If memory serves correct, you have an Honda 600? Was it an F4?

Old 06-03-2019, 10:55 AM
I used to ride. I stopped mostly because it took time away from cycling, which already took time away from the family. It was a fun, expensive hobby (trackdays, tires, fuel). The roads in SoCal are great for both cycling and motorcycles, but the drivers can be real jerks.

Went through a few motorcycles, never more than two at a time...

FZ600
CBR-F3
CBR900RR (miss this one the most)
VTR1000F (Superhawk)
GSXR750 (trackdays)
748 (starbucks days)
KTM 450SMR (supermoto, just for poops and laughs)
636 (trackdays)

I have considered getting back in to the world of motorized two-wheels, but currently there is no room in the garage. Perhaps after I clear out some bicycles.

Last edited by marmaladedad; 06-03-2019 at 11:09 AM. Reason: adding pictures of my glory days
Old 06-04-2019, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I have a 03 Honda cbr600rr. Have had it since 2006. Due for new helmets since the GF and I have had them a little over 5 years. I also need new gloves after 8 years the index finger seams tore.

While checking out helmets locally I saw the current gen Honda Rebel and Yamaha Bolt and I kinda fell in love lol. We ride the CBR about 1-2x a month and as fun as it is, it just isn't the most ideal for dual riders for distances, m wrists start to get tired. I always liked the HD 883/sportsters but don't like the reliability from my research. I like the bobber look. I know the rebel is only a 500 but that seems plenty for getting us thru town and up in the mountains for a nice leisurely ride. The bolt is a 1000cc but much heavier so power to weight is about the same surprisingly. Found a couple used rebel 500 abs models for like $5k which is pretty good to me. Even bolts are in the 6ish range.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Two up on a 500? No way I would ever do that. Before you entertain the idea any further, make sure to take a test drive.

When calculating power to weight ratio with a motorcycle, make sure to include the weight of two passengers. It drastically changes the numbers.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Oh I agree wholeheartedly GAFIT. I'm just in that excited state after seeing. I've been doing some more research on the 2-up situation. Some have said 2 is fine on the 500 (GF and I total <300lbs). But I also think that with the style of bike the comfort is going to switch. Its a bobber style bike. The passenger seat is this little piece of foam. Granted she seems to do well on my sport bike so maybe it wont be bad.

So with that, I'd have to definitely do a test ride either way considering I'd be going from a 600cc sportbike to a 500cc cruiser. Similar torque numbers but the sportbike has more than double the HP.

With that, I've been looking at the HD 883/1200 sportster, Yamaha Bolt is a 1000cc (air cooled...not a fan of this), the Honda Shadow is nice and a 750 (liquid cooled is a plus)...but the styling is a bit more 'cruiser' than I'd like, granted it'll probably be comfy for both of us.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
All this bike talk has me wanting to go for a ride asap, maybe tomorrow AND saturday. Also eyeing a new Dainese Super Sport textile jacket (found a closeout for ~50% off in my size) since my leather one gets cumbersome and hot during hot months. New jacket...new helmet....new gloves soon.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
I used to ride. I stopped mostly because it took time away from cycling
Same! I've owned more motorcycles than cars, and never thought I'd give up riding. But I found time on a bicycle was better spent, cost less, and kept me fit! Sold all my motorcycles and now own four bicycles...

Old 06-11-2019, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member
While I enjoy cycling (mainly mountain biking)...I can't compare it to motorcycling. All valid points, better exercise, cheaper (relative considering some bikes are in the thousands, I still ride my $200 trek hardtail 4300 Craigslist special I got in 2007), still getting you outside, 2 wheels...

Well, bought a new Dainese Super Speed textile jacket (was 50% off on good old fleabay vs in store), Knox Nexos Gauntlets and still trying to find a 'deal' on a Shoei rf-1200 helmet for the GF and me.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
Nice! New comfortable gear always makes the ride better. Few realize how much better the premium helmets are also. Back when I rode I coughed up the $$ for a Shoei XSP (long since discontinued) and it was soo much quieter than even the "cheap" Shoei it replaced.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Nice! New comfortable gear always makes the ride better. Few realize how much better the premium helmets are also. Back when I rode I coughed up the $$ for a Shoei XSP (long since discontinued) and it was soo much quieter than even the "cheap" Shoei it replaced.
Yeah my first helmet was a Shoei TZ-R in gloss black. Their 'budget' helmet which the shop 'included' with my bike purchase. Looking back I wonder if it was truly 'included' or if there was a line item price on the bike invoice for the jacket/gloves/helmet I got. Maybe I'm better off not checking that lol. Gloves arrive tomorrow...no status on the jacket yet. Also been finding 'used' or pre-owned helmets. Seem like a good deal but also can't 100% trust that its in good, undropped condition. Plus sure I can wash the liner but still kinda gross to use someone elses helmet with their sweat/oils/germs.

After someone tipped my bike and my helmet saved it (it was locked to the bike on the tail)...I had to get a new one. Money was tight and I opted for a DOT/Snell rated Scorpion which worked well. Little heavier, noisier than my shoei but also 1/2 the price. Since trying on helmets recently while the scorpions are 'nice'...the shoei is just that much nicer. Its like the difference between a tailored suit and some off the rack special. No offense to anyone with an off the rack suit...I have both and wear both haha.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
The big difference is up at speed and the way they handle airflow and wind noise.

I have a Scorpion that is a bit oversized that I wear at the dragstrip in my car. It's not a bad helmet at all, but I wouldn't want to spend a day wearing it up at speed on a bike.

Also agree on the used thing. One bad drop and there goes the noggin protection.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
I love the idea of a motorcycle and grew up riding dirt bikes and on the back of my step dads Harley. The only way I would feel safe on one is in full gear with full face helmet and that just sounds too hot. Delaware is a no helmet state but no way I am riding on one without a helmet!! Some of the people I know that ride refuse to wear one because it takes away the freedom.

In GTI news got the resonator deleted. Sounds amazing and only cost $60. Just need to get some nice big tips and the exhaust will be set until the downpipe goes on.

Name:  IYXZ1uQl.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  38.2 KB

Old 06-12-2019, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
I was happy when FL repealed the helmet law because I didn't like sitting in Daytona traffic wearing a helmet. When you spend an entire afternoon in FL heat and don't get over 15mph, you really don't want to be wearing a helmet.

That being said, law or no law, I prefer a good full face helmet at all other times. My riding buddies are the same. Even those on Harley's and cruisers wear full face helmets. Granted, we all also ride like hooligans so at least we acknowledge the dangers in our riding style and dress accordingly.

Resonator delete looks great! Think my wife would notice if I did it to her Golf? LOL

Snapped a couple pics of our Fit while I was out running errands. I like the way the SSM color changes in different light. Looking forward to getting back to working on it as soon as I stop spending money and time on the new truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?