General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
the jdm STI dash guage leather hood with red stitching is arriving today so will install that later.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
back to your 3m question yeah it seems 1080 is what most use. I wanted to do that to the Fit....just never knew what to do about the antenna...lol.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
yah, the 1080 was good. i mean it was so easy to apply it was night/day easier than installing clearbra. but then those scratches, i was so mad. i think best i buy it locally at a print shop or something where they dont roll it up in a tiny mail tube. plus the store cheaped out so bad when i ordered 5x7 they gave me ZERO over run. WTF

as for the antenna... i forget how the Fit's antenna was mounted but isn't the base removable if you pull down the ceiling liner? that's how i got to my R's antenna base. it was a f-king PITA though since i didnt know how the harness unclipped from the base until i looked at it with a mirror tool in super tight space. lol

Old 07-24-2017, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah i believe that the fit you gotta drop the roof liner to get to it. Or cut a hole to clear the base and just install a visual garage sharkfin which should be plenty big enough to hide the hole haha.

Test drove a Civic hatch sport with 6speed. Fell in love. Only issue was it wasnt a color I wanted.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
so i had some time to spare this am, decided to find the minor but annoying rattle/buzz on my R and fix it. it was coming from the passenger dash area and i wanted my wife to ride along to find it, but she had to work today so i started banging around on the door panel and the dash in my garage while parked.

found it. it was coming from the door panel down low near the speaker. applied some mounting tape to absorb the vibration. took the car for a quick drive and walla! so happy.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah i believe that the fit you gotta drop the roof liner to get to it. Or cut a hole to clear the base and just install a visual garage sharkfin which should be plenty big enough to hide the hole haha.

Test drove a Civic hatch sport with 6speed. Fell in love. Only issue was it wasnt a color I wanted.
yah, it's a lot of work to do the roof and definitely a 2 person job if you can find someone to hold the other side for you while you align and tack down the wrap.

nice on the civic hb testdrive, that was the Sport trim?.

i was looking at the new coupe SI vids the other day. not to buy, just wanted to see how it compares to the older SI's. i think the new coupe is real sharp looking. id get that over the TypeR and use the funds saved on something else. if one's serious about going sport compact, the TypeR aint it.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, it's a lot of work to do the roof and definitely a 2 person job if you can find someone to hold the other side for you while you align and tack down the wrap.

nice on the civic hb testdrive, that was the Sport trim?.

i was looking at the new coupe SI vids the other day. not to buy, just wanted to see how it compares to the older SI's. i think the new coupe is real sharp looking. id get that over the TypeR and use the funds saved on something else. if one's serious about going sport compact, the TypeR aint it.
Yeah sport trim only for me. Was great. Super smooth gear box. Comfy yet sporty ride. Add tint and I'll be good...I say that now...lol

Old 07-24-2017, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah sport trim only for me. Was great. Super smooth gear box. Comfy yet sporty ride. Add tint and I'll be good...I say that now...lol
yah, that's a great choice. go for it!

Old 07-24-2017, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
installed the JDM STI upper gauge hat this pm. thing is just a leather cover with red stitching but it made the interior's look complete, especially with the real CF door trim pieces i added on. wow.. so simple yet gratifying lol

im officially done modding my STI. im real happy how it turned out. going to just enjoy driving from here forward.
took a short spin afterwards with the kids since they were in the car already watching the install. haha.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
back to the grind! at least no biz trips this week i can relax.

think this coming weekend im going to take a few snaps of my R for safe keeping.
only difference in appearance vs stock is the front CF splitter and off-set plate mounting.
unless you open the hood everything else appears stock, which is how i like my sleeper.

i kinda like how i left my windows non-tinted. people like to peek inside while driving to see if i have the proper transmission.. aka MT. MT drivers are becoming more and more scarce so this is a good way to kinda promote the tranny too i suppose. my kids are certain they want MT on their cars.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
back to the grind! at least no biz trips this week i can relax.

think this coming weekend im going to take a few snaps of my R for safe keeping.
only difference in appearance vs stock is the front CF splitter and off-set plate mounting.
unless you open the hood everything else appears stock, which is how i like my sleeper.

i kinda like how i left my windows non-tinted. people like to peek inside while driving to see if i have the proper transmission.. aka MT. MT drivers are becoming more and more scarce so this is a good way to kinda promote the tranny too i suppose. my kids are certain they want MT on their cars.
Hope the MT's still exist on non-sport cars in the next few years. MT drivers are becoming fewer and fewer with the years. I honestly find it hard to drive an auto...even the fancy CVTs and 10 speeds. Havent done a dual clutch auto so maybe thats the middle ground?

Old 07-25-2017, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Hope the MT's still exist on non-sport cars in the next few years. MT drivers are becoming fewer and fewer with the years. I honestly find it hard to drive an auto...even the fancy CVTs and 10 speeds. Havent done a dual clutch auto so maybe thats the middle ground?
yah, i heard in europe a lot of cars are still manual so hopefully Euro cars will continue to offer MT's.

DSG is nice compared to a standard torque converter based AT/CVT as there is no annoying throttle slop, but still meh for me.. i can't say i 'enjoy' driving them. it does okay in traffic for commuting, driving around town to run errands. the DSG has a nice oily smooth feel though. i would never buy another hatch with DSG. i will say that.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
cool, i found a seller that does the small "STI" logo's for center caps. woot!

i wanted to get some for my gunmetal Prodrive set which came with fugly metal center caps that just looked like a snot hanging from a pretty lady's nose.

the metal part detached from the plastic backing and to my surprise, it was a nice clean gunmetal color.. so all i needed was a red STI logo for a nice factory-like finish. hope to get it soon cause this winter im going to run the Prodrives with the DWS06.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
which reminds me.. ive not decided on the R's winter set..

Old 07-27-2017, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
the more i look at aftermarket wheels the more i get bored these days. i think its mostly because everyone already tried it and it looks like just another car guy/gal's car.

like my R is white, most folks would get a dark set of wheels... i mean it's popular right now, right? but then u look at that and think.. fak, so boring. everyone has a white car with dark wheels. so unoriginal not that i want some crazy color wheels either..

maybe i should just look for a simple hyper silver color set of wheels for the DWS06.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
cool, got my touchup paint for my R's wheels. had one tiny knick on one of the rears from the getgo so now it is protected. will do a very mild sanding tomorrow followed by polish and sealant

Old 07-29-2017, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
anyone give me advise which glossy carbon fiber wrap looks the most real?

i decided to get a pair of side sill diffusers for my R, but i want to wrap them before install.. TIA

Old 07-29-2017, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
I know nothing about wraps.

I'd just get a spare pair of OEM wheels for winter.

When I replace my Fit with a new Si sedan, I'll probably use OEM for winter & a nice set of aftermarket wheels for the summertime.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I know nothing about wraps.

I'd just get a spare pair of OEM wheels for winter.

When I replace my Fit with a new Si sedan, I'll probably use OEM for winter & a nice set of aftermarket wheels for the summertime.
yah i dont know much about wraps either..

the bbs pretoria wheels my R came with are like $600 each..and hard to find. was thinking about trying a set of neuspeeds in the same width and 5mm more aggressive offset ($350 - $400 range each)

Si sedan sounds like a good choice. that or the hatchback sport shinjari was looking at. the only downside for the sport is that i dont think it comes with heated side mirrors..(?). might not matter for those in warmer climates.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
yah i dont know much about wraps either..

the bbs pretoria wheels my R came with are like $600 each..and hard to find. was thinking about trying a set of neuspeeds in the same width and 5mm more aggressive offset ($350 - $400 range each)

Si sedan sounds like a good choice. that or the hatchback sport shinjari was looking at. the only downside for the sport is that i dont think it comes with heated side mirrors..(?). might not matter for those in warmer climates.
Link to Neuspeeds?

Yep, Shinjari & I have actually had conversations about the two cars. Honda seems to have finally started making proper enthusiast's cars again. He wants a hatchback & fun driving experience, I want MPG, fun driving experience, well bolstered heated seats & Android Auto...Honda makes both & both are very, very good values.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?