General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
wife made us torikatsu for dinner. it was soooo good.
Are either of you of japanese heritage? It seems to be a go-to cuisine.

Also...remember how I said the driver front visor rubbed against the window? Well I drove home with the window down and forgot about it...as I rolled my window up it snagged the visor and before I could stop it in time...it cracked the damn thing. FML. Reached out to the vendor to see if I can purchase the (1) visor...would hate to have to buy a WHOLE set for the one.

Yeah looks like I'm easily spending $1500ish on a new set of wheels, whether its gram lights or work emotions or similar.

Have a good night everyone.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:22 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ouch, sorry to hear about ur visor. i thought you were pissed you accidentally rolled the window while the tint was still drying..! hope you can source just the one cracked one.

j-heritage... yah i guess you can say that. haha

gnite!

Old 09-12-2017, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
alright, on the menu today.. motoring my GTI to work, then a big meeting in the pm, then another meeting afterhours. then spool up the meeting report before heading to bed tonight. hope to get through this hurdle for a smooth landing rest of the work week.

have a good tuesday everyone!

Old 09-12-2017, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
When I initially read that I thought you cracked the window, cracked visor much better than that

Old 09-12-2017, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
ouch, sorry to hear about ur visor. i thought you were pissed you accidentally rolled the window while the tint was still drying..! hope you can source just the one cracked one.

j-heritage... yah i guess you can say that. haha

gnite!
Originally Posted by mike410b
When I initially read that I thought you cracked the window, cracked visor much better than that
Yeah I'll take a cracked visor over window. Still pisses me off. Got my fingers crossed the seller will sell me the (1)...otherwise I'm out another $60 for a set of (4)...or maybe I'll just glue the crack(s) and live with it for a little while. Been spending regularly on the car so gotta slow down for a bit haha.

Hey...at least it doesnt rub anymore

Back to the grind. Hope your guys' day goes fast!

Old 09-12-2017, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
ouch 60 for something redundant is painful. hope the seller pulls through for you

speaking of the visa gift card from continental, i spent it on a new makita 90 degree compact drill. woot!

Old 09-12-2017, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
i'm pretty much done spending on the cars too for a while. going to motor them and just enjoy them.

decided to skip on the tint this time on the R.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
ouch 60 for something redundant is painful. hope the seller pulls through for you

speaking of the visa gift card from continental, i spent it on a new makita 90 degree compact drill. woot!
Well seller contacted me and said they would send me a replacement for the cracked one. I'll believe it when i get the tracking info haha.

Makita huh? I'm a Milwaukee guy. If I didnt have a handful of milwaukee tools already I would've gone Ridgid simply due to their warranties lol.

Yeah not sure if Im gonna bother with wheel spacers, probably just save that $ for suspension/wheels down the line. Once I get the Miata CEL fixed hopefully get the title transferred over...then I gotta worry about modding that LOL. Granted all I want for that is konis/springs (oems are blown) and a roll bar for safety. Then slap my gram lights on it and BOOM done.

Kenchan what color are your R, Sti and Gti?

Old 09-12-2017, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
yah hope you get that replacement.

i use milwaukee corded and 18v and Makita super compact 12v drivers. when i'm under the car the makita does very well to do the fasteners in tight space.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
i'd keep the civic stock for now as just work on your miata. . it's good to drive the car stock for a while just to know how it really drives.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
yah hope you get that replacement.

i use milwaukee corded and 18v and Makita super compact 12v drivers. when i'm under the car the makita does very well to do the fasteners in tight space.
Yeah got both milwaukee 18v and 12v. One less charger to worry about haha.

i'd keep the civic stock for now as just work on your miata. . it's good to drive the car stock for a while just to know how it really drives.
Good call. Gotta find time to figure out this CEL. Good thing registration is good until March.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
nothing wrong with milwaukee drivers. i just prefer the makita when it comes to the super compact size. then pull out my milwaukee for more heavier duty stuff including my cordless impact.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
I like Milwaukee.

Oh wait.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
hahaha! we talking place or beer or drivers or all of the above?

Old 09-13-2017, 08:30 AM
5 Year Member
think i'm going to play with the new makita to punch in a few rivets in the side diffusers on my R. i have an angle bit adapter for my milwaukee but the limited bit sizes i have with the hex shank is limiting me from drilling a perfect size. i have a good selection of regular drill bits i can use on the new compact right angle makita

Old 09-13-2017, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
putting holes in your R!? Those are underneath right?

Old 09-13-2017, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
hahaha! we talking place or beer or drivers or all of the above?
I don't drink or do any real handy work, so the answer is clear

Been driving the S2000 to work the last few days, took the Fit today. Holy cow, there are small bumps I don't even feel in the S2000 that the Fit makes feel like speed bumps & yet on the HUGE stuff the Fit is a bit better.

All in all, a car with this much clearance:

Is somehow more comfortable than a stock family car

Old 09-13-2017, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Its that darn TORSION bar! OMG that thing is annoying. Now imagine if you had a progress rear sway on the Fit...that increases the rear rate so its even worse...yeash!

Well not drinking is a good way to save money. But as a new homeowner you should start getting tools. We know you're handy and a house always need something fixed haha.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Its that darn TORSION bar! OMG that thing is annoying. Now imagine if you had a progress rear sway on the Fit...that increases the rear rate so its even worse...yeash!

Well not drinking is a good way to save money. But as a new homeowner you should start getting tools. We know you're handy and a house always need something fixed haha.
I'm the least handy man alive hahaha. But agreed, I do need more tools. Need to frame some of my prints first though, house still looks like a college kid's dorm room

It is insane! My back was sore 15 minutes into my 20 minute commute, I don't even know how it is possible, my Fiesta had a torsion bar & shorter wheelbase, yet somehow rides okayish.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
yah i've already made over 20 holes in the R when i installed the splitter and the diffusers. and yes, on the bottom.

mike- meaty tire! yah the fit is pretty oversprung.
tools are fun. i have a set in the garage and have another set dedicated to house stuff and one more for my RC.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?