General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
with the successful diverter valves i installed on the GTI and R recently, i bought a BOV for the STI made by the same folks.
i have a feeling the factory valve on the STI is leaking too a bit from the higher boost i am running. i get this minor surge
at times at wot into 3rd gear. it could be the AP, but not sure.. i think it's the valve.

will probably use it in full circulation mode as it is adjustable.. got a super deal on it.
I get the same with the Lincoln. I think the valves are just not made for 5psi over factory. Problem with the Lincoln is there's two and the aftermarket options aren't cheap.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:40 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
woo, TT setup on the lincoln. very cool yah, that would easily be over $500 for two units.

i should have this new one in my hands in a few days, hope to install it maybe saturday after i swap the GTI's wheels to winter set. Alterreezzetta or watever that OZ wheel is called. lol i run factory 225/40/18's on there DWS06. thing is so light my GTI will be even faster off the line. thing is crazy fast on the expressway.

i could never remember the names.. like the 19" ultraleggara HLT or watever on there right now.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
alright on the menu today.. going to check up on my R to ensure the battery is on float. will leave the doors open to ventilate when i get home to swap out the STI wheels to winter set. . STI winters are the Prodrives with DWS06, factory sizes.

should have the tracking number later today for the bov also..
tonight just relaxing and watching tv. no 2hr confcalls after 8:30p like yesterday..

Old 10-18-2017, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
so the R can sleep with the doors open if left for awhile.. the issue was that the battery was drained somewhat from yesterday's tinting as the guys lower and roll up the glass with engine off. just took a while to charge to full.

anyway car looks so much mine now.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
so i've been hearing horrible things about ios11, even the latest 11.0.3 sucks. is that so?

i've kept my iphone7's on ios10 thus far..

Old 10-18-2017, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
As of late it seems that apple has become more like Microsoft where they release an update and let the users report back bugs and problems.

I'm on 11.0.1, but won't do another update until they fix the battery life issue that came with 11. Without any measuring or proof, I'd guess my battery life was cut in half or so.

Stick with your ios10 until they address battery life issues is my suggestion.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
thanks GAFIT. i read people were also having issues with carplay so that was the first warning for me not to update. completely agree this is BS!!

Old 10-18-2017, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
before ios11:

apple > microsoft

after ios11:

apple = microsoft

Old 10-18-2017, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
thanks GAFIT. i read people were also having issues with carplay so that was the first warning for me not to update. completely agree this is BS!!
Funny you mention that. I tried to use carplay on the Golf yesterday and I couldn't get it to work. Works fine for my wife with her iPhone so I know it's not the car. I don't have carplay in the other cars and rarely drive the Golf alone so I never tried it before. Betting it's an 11 compatibility issue.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
I also read that 11.1 is close. You'd probably be best off to wait for that one.

They also removed the labels from the icons. Not sure why, but I don't find it to be an improvement.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
yah, will definitely wait until the ultimate fix.

i think you can manually setup carplay by press holding the voice command button. but on my cars i did not have to do this on my iphones.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
Just ordered a Clutch Masters Kit for the Fit!

Went with the highest power rated one they offer without going to the puck style. I know they have their place, but not a fan of puck clutches on the street.

Ordered this one...FX350: 08024-HDFF-AK

Should hold anything that the 1.5 will ever through at it. Love that it is 212 mm instead of the 190 and comes with a new flywheel. Score for the Fit!

Now I need to find someone that discounts Hondata FlashPro's.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
nice on the clutch masters kit!

got home, swapped the wheels on my STI to the prodrives, washed the factory enkei's and applied Hydro. then adjusted the psi on the prodrives DWS06.

will swap out the floor mats later this weekend. i should get weathertechs for my STI too.. i have a Husky set which is functionally nice, but weathertech just looks nicer. i have weathertechs for both my GTI and R.

looked at my R's tint. the film is drying nicely.. but i got one section on the rear door glass near the B-pillar with 7-8 tiny bubbles.. shucks.. not a huge deal, but sucks that it's not perfect. it'll probably need to be redone if i want it perfect. will see if it bugs me or not.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
I understand on the tint. Monitoring the drying on the Golf. Proceeding OK so far.

My Lincoln is a mess. It has very small bubbles in a few sections. The tint shop said it was normal. I disagreed and let them know I would not be back. Tint on multiple other vehicles has been perfect.

I think it requires a bit of luck to reach perfection. The shops reaction to less than perfection turned me off and led me to find another. New shop said to reach out if not perfect. I appreciate that!

Old 10-18-2017, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
yah, my tint guy is cool and warrants his work so he'll fix it, but just a hassle going back.. will probably puncture it with a knife and heatgun it into the glass.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
i should get weathertechs for my STI too.. i have a Husky set which is functionally nice, but weathertech just looks nicer. i have weathertechs for both my GTI and R.
I agree on the Weathertech vs Husky. I think WT uses higher quality plastic and has better looking patterns. I went with Husky for the Lincoln because it covers more, but WT's look better. Trunk liner is a WT because their design covers more of the trunk.

Truck people get more choices and usually have options of patterns and coverage.

Since we have two sets of mats for the Golf (one standard and one Wolfsburg) I think we will trash the standard ones first and then buy good liners. Weird that VW gives two sets, but I like it!

Old 10-19-2017, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
yah VW gave me all season GTI mats too but i only use the rears and run weather techs on the front. for my R i bought both front and rear weathertech sets. it's nice, i likes. but i prefer carpet mats for warmer months.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
hummmmm where is my tracking number for the bov!!

Old 10-19-2017, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
mmm 46RH in my garage right now with the R's rear doors open. tint should dry nicely.

i have an ip camera setup in my garage (actually all around the house) so can check in any time from my phone.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
bov didnt arrive today, oh well. maybe tomorrow.

anyway got home, pulled out spacers and new lugs for the GTI's winter set in prep for swap on saturday.

checked the bubbles on the R's tint.. yah, not very pretty. sent pict to my tint guy, will follow up tomorrow when he's back in the shop.

took my factory STI wheels into the basement storage space, stacked them up on my wheel dolly. kid's out tonight so i carried them down.. wife's getting me some indian food carry out. woot!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?