General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Old 11-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
thanks, shinjari.

yah i saw a lot of bolts when i was in san francisco the other month. it wasnt a bad looking ride for someone who likes hatches.. a bit busy on the lines for me, but the GK's not too different. besides wat it looks like, i have no idea on the performance side... is it even quick? if its anything like the ev Fit or the dumbfak Leaf no thanks. :barf:

wat i like about electric cars is altitude makes no difference. so carving mountain roads at 10k feet is no issue..well for a performance oriented e-car like the tesla, dat is!

my next dd will still be gasoline. as shinjari mentioned, the infrastructure needs to improve before id consider one.
im looking a the RS3 next probably to replace my GTI in a few yrs.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
bolt.. 0-60mph 6.5sec with 200hp motor. not bad. 190mile range at $37k..

if dat price was $27k that could be a great contender..for something like a focusST buyer..?

Old 11-11-2017, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
I just like the feeling of a fossil fueled motor. Maybe I'll have to go electric someday, but driving a sewing machine isn't as much fun. Even if it's fast.

Just made a quick hit in the stinkin' lincoln. Changed the plugs today. Holy moly those turbo's like the cold air. It's AWD and was still spinning from a roll and then hooked and pinned me to the seat to over 70 when I let off.

It ran a 12.86 in South FL over the summer on a weaker tune. I'd love to see what it could do in this cold mountain air with the more aggressive tune it's now running. If I keep it long enough, I might need to meth inject it and work more on the tune. Others are getting into the 11's with a little more work. Fast for a luxo boat with tons of amenities and room for 5 adults and their luggage.

What's even more amazing is how many cars are significantly faster than it. Good time to be into cars and have money. I just need more money. LOL

Old 11-12-2017, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
sounds like fun GAFIT! AWD wheel spin is awesome. ive spun all 4's on my STI a handful of times, but havent tried it on my R as YT vids show the fly wheel is too light on the R and it just bogs down. thing is fast regardless so i just drive the R cleanly.

my buddy has a Q50RS and from wat i hear, that thing is a rocket too, and with its v6, effortless power from very low RPM. but no more nissans for me. meh

Old 11-12-2017, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
btw, can someone please recommend a good drill bit for steel? i want to drill a few holes in my brake pedal and i need a bit that can do the job. i have dewalt bits 'for metal' but unsure if it can cut through steel.

dont care about the price, i just need like a 2.5 to 3.5mm bit to penetrate and will use a round file from there. TIA!

Old 11-12-2017, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
this am was wet outside so decided to pass motoring the STI, just cleaned it up real good inside and out.

also psi'ed up the GTI's tires, adjusted psi on the GK's snows as well, and retorque the GK's lugs.. there were 7 lugs that were still backing out just a hair.. will retorque next weekend.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
so after doing the last oil change on the GK where i replaced the rear plastic push tabs (one broke off completely, the other one was ready to give as well) i noticed i dont get the loud rattling during cold engine start. i still have vtc noise from time to time, but i think it was the lower shroud rattling against the subframe when the engine started.. weird. didnt think the engine would vibrate the car so much to rattle that plastic..

Old 11-12-2017, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
mmm. nikuman for lunch. was good.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
Ugh...Monday...another work week...

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
I swear that at least half of the days are Monday's!

Last night I swapped the Fit back to the stock sport wheels because one of the tires on the 16's has a nail in it. Both sets of tires are fairly shot, so I'll take the 16's and get new tires put on them while they are off.

Anyway...I have not been paying much attention to the Fit over the past couple of years. Wife was just having the oil changes/tire rotations done at the dealership she worked at because they did it free and it was easy and I just didn't care because I was working on my own stuff. That is meant to explain how this was able to happen.

Two of the tires on the stock sport wheels are mounted backwards. Totally explains why the car had a hydroplaning problem and why it didn't handle quite right. I wasn't driving it enough to care, but this most recent set of Yoko's just didn't seem right. Now I know why. Frickin' tire changing idiots. Does anyone care or know how to do things right anymore?

Old 11-13-2017, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Does anyone care or know how to do things right anymore?
Nope.

That said, my Azenis were mounted correctly & those things are confusing IMO.

I took my Fit to the local Honda dealership to have all-seasons mounted this spring, the balance has been off since day one & they refused to re-sync the TPMS sensors.

So I'm paying more to take the car to the tire shop I've previously used because they A) Balance things correctly so the car drives nicely B) Sync up my TPMS sensors C) Treat me like my business matters

Old 11-13-2017, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
when i go to the tire store to get new tires mounted, i always mark directionality on the side walls. pretty stupid but some folks can't seem to read OUTSIDE on asymmetrical tires.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
got to work this am walking pretty normal.
got a busy week.. ordered a few more decals to put on my Golfs.

have a good monday pm!

Old 11-13-2017, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
You don't go to a steak house & order fish, you don't go to the fish place & order steak. You don't go to the dealer for any tire work. It's not their specialty.

I'm with you Ken I mark my tires. I don't leave my car at the tire shop, I stay there & make sure everything is done correctly. The shop I use Discount Tire is very good, but I have caught the new guy trying to screw up.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
ash- yah, my local discount tire (america's tire) has the same mounter and balancer as tirerack so i go there as well. they've yet to make any marks on my expensive wheels!

which is a HUGE benefit for me.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Of course someone bought the wedsports I was eyeing for my civic...thank goodness they are 3 states away...but still....I wanted them first! At least I know what they'd look like on the car haha.

18x9.5+38 245/35/18s lowered on Eibach sportlines which drop it 1.4"F/1.2"R. I was thinking the prokit which only drops 1" all around. Weird how the hatchback drops different than other models. Probably due to weight distribution.

This is NOT mine...but the look im going for with the wheels and drop.

This guy is on Pro-kit and similar spec wheels/tires

Or I can be cheap and get the pro-kit and just use my stock wheels like this guy. THink he put some spacers on though to get that width. I like this stance.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
They all look great! I'm bad when it comes to ride height. For me, the lower it is, the better it looks. But, I'm not a fan of having to crawl over bumps or fearing every manhole cover will remove my oil pan.

I'm kind of with you on your thoughts. Generally speaking, a 1" or so drop is a nice improvement without having to compromise.

Last set of Eibach Pro's I had were waaaaay too soft and left the car with a bouncy/crappy ride. How do the Pro-kit spring rates compare with your stock springs? I made the error of purchasing them without researching and they were softer than stock.

The set I had before those were spot on. It seems they get some applications right, but not all.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
shinjari- the weds look nice with its concavity but not sure if its a good match for the civic. the civic's bodyline is rather sharp so the straight spoke wheels (the black ones in the middle) and the factory wheels look better imho. the stock wheels are too narrow for that stance on the bottom though, i would go 7-8mm less than the pict above.

as for prokits... they work like crap with factory dampers from my experience on 3-4 different cars. they all needed stiffer dampers. does swift make springs for the civic? i would go that route or just get coilovers. GL!

Old 11-14-2017, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
so one of my biz trips was postponed so decided to go to the hoa meeting. i suppose if u like watching old people bickering at each other about some stupid shitt it is fine, but wow.. it was so stupid it was comedy. lol

i was telling my wife i couldnt believe we're living with these people in the community. glad she didnt come and waste a good hour of her time. anyway, i wanted to know the last of the repairs they were doing this season and plan for next yr.. i got that info so i didn't have to leave empty handed..

Old 11-14-2017, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. just another day of grind at the office, will enjoy driving my GTI to and from work.

want to wash the thing but rain forecasted every other day.. then next week temps are too cold to wash on my driveway. might do a waterless inside the garage. if it's right after a drive the heat from the engine will keep my non-heated garage warm enough to allow the solution to work without freezing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?