General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 02:54 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
nice mike! no need to spend if u dont need to.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
alright, motored the R this am, had a great time. absolutely luv the car.

i tried 2 different shoes this am and both times i found that i just need to turn my right foot a tad more than my STI and previous MT cars ive driven to do the light braking heel and toe so going to just leave the brake and clutch pedal covers as-is.

then washed the GTI.. finally looks like my car again.

now relaxing and doing some online window shopping..

Old 11-23-2017, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
looks like my wife grabbed a great deal at Dell.. some high spec machine at a great price she said. yah she's excited. haha

i think im with mike.. i looked around but got everything i want right now, im done modding my cars so nothing in that department, im okay with tools, my electronics and music gear is all good, i still have plenty of RC stuff ive not even opened that i can play with this winter. .. so it looks like for me, going to just save up towards the RS3 and time for icecream! haha

Old 11-23-2017, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
wow mid 50F's tomorrow! going to put my GTI on ramps to check for areas that need touch up. i also need to verify if it bottomed out in one of the parking lots i parked at recently. was very uneven and it almost sounded like it hit the under carriage.

Old 11-23-2017, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
so kinda not related to cars but my tumi bag was starting to show some wear on the leather accents and was about to go buy a new bag. for the hell of it i tried some Griots Leather Care and it completely rejuvenated the worn leather to a nice dark original finish.

woot! going to use the bag another couple of yrs for sure.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
older kid and wife are making us karaage. im not much of a turkey guy..so chicken it is.

so i showed my wife (she is a great artist in her spare time) the decals that looked crooked on my R. she said to just leave it alone because the forward rake is playing games with my eyes. if i tilted the decal to make it horizontal (parallel to the ground), it will look titled backwards because the eyes will try to align the bottom of the decal to the window sill vs the entire car. huh..

weird. but after she said that the decals now look straight.. haha wtf..

Old 11-23-2017, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
alright, thanksgiving feast coming up real soon.

wat am i thankful for.. too many to list. my cool wife for sure, healthy and smart kids (well, the younger one is just healthy.. lol ), my work and coworkers, thankful to all the smart engineers that made all the fun toys available in our markets, thankful for my financial situation and health, thankful for my mom and pops for their guidance early on in life. can't forget my dumbfak pos garbage neighbor as example to my kids wat not to become (including a few low self esteem bickering losers on this site as well.. ).

and many thanks to the admins at fitfreak, mike, shinjari, GAFIT, ash, hootie, and others + all of you that made the 267K+ views making this blog worthwhile. haha!

happy thanksgiving!!

Old 11-23-2017, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Thankful for way too many things to list.

But you guys definitely make that long list.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Thankful for way too many things to list.

But you guys definitely make that long list.
sounds good.

yah i don't take anything for granted either.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
k, so on the menu today.. off today so pulling out the ramps and checking under carriages of GTI and GK this am and taking the GK to a car wash place i found near by. yah too lazy to wash the GK at home and want to see if this new place can wash a hatch properly. usually most places fail to wash the rear gate well.

for my cars rather not wash vs letting car wash place wash my rides due to swirls.

pretty much it for today car wise, will pull out my R tomorrow am and STI sunday am.
have a great friday everyone!

Old 11-24-2017, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
I use a touch-less place. If you don't let your car get super dirty it works well. If your car is really bad it's not great, but it doesn't leave swirls. When I get home I go over it with Hydro & many soft microfiber towels. End result looks very good & no swirls.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
ash- that's a smart idea. the issue i have with touchless is they use recirculated water so it can be pretty harsh on the paint and especially headlamp lenses. not that i care about the GK in such detail.

so checked the undercarriage of my GTI and found no damage so that was good. touched up a few areas on the subframe with some matte-black duplicolor engine enamel as it sticks very well. i masked the 034 dogbone adapter before spraying and just left the tape on the thing which i will remove come Spring. haha

then checked the GK's subframe and looked good enough so went to the autowash place. yah, not much better than those free gas station carwashes but oh well. sort of cleaned the car and there was a guy that wiped it down so not too horrible. i would never take my cars there but for the GK, no problem. got home, my kid dressed the tires and i spot cleaned using waterless.

then decided to do a quick wipe down on my GTI only to find 6-7 bird pee marks on my ride which was starting to etch the clear. dafaq so glad i saw that before it was too late. used scratch-x and Griots red pad (anything more coarse and it will hologram) and mildly polished it off and spot hydro-max'ed the area. looks good again.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
I like scratch-x. It is a diminishing abrasive so it is super safe & does a good job for small touch ups. As far as touch-less washes go I've used this one for 6 years or so & I've never seen any problems caused by it. Maybe they do not recycle their water.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
its good to have a local wash you can trust!

yah, scratch-x is easy to use and effective. i had a butt load of different polishes and products in the past, but lately only use scratchx and 2 different firmness pads. everything else i just adjust speed and pressure. basically can cover everything i need to do with just these very simple tools.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
alright, Dyson'ed the masterbed and loft, letting my kid finish up the rest of the 2nd floor.

now relaxing in my music room.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Happy thanksgiving/black friday everyone.

Yesterday was spent visiting my mom, then GFs family, then my dad....about 150 miles of driving...hooray...

Plan to wash cars tomorrow. Today bought some floor runners to do the stairs. Basically to add some grip to our hardwood stairs to help our dogs. Eyeing some over ear headphones to use at work to replace my Bang olufsen ear buds. They sound good...but dont block out my cubicle mates enough. Some basic ones by OneOdio on amazon for $30.

Hope everyone stayed safe and didnt annihilate their wallets with this conspiracy of a "sale" day haha.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
hey there, shinjari- sounds like you had a busy thanksgiving.
yah, i didnt buy anything black friday this week. i couldnt think of anything i REALLY wanted right now.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
I bought some soap & some toothpaste.

Only because my bar of soap in the shower is getting small & I'm out of toothpaste.

I think I spend more on soap than I do on any other consumable. $30 handsoap every 3 months lololol

Old 11-24-2017, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
haha, nothing wrong with being clean.

speaking of cleaning... found dog crap on my lawn and spent a good 15-20min looking for who dafaq left it via ip camera footage.. rewound like 5 days and found the culprit, a dumbarse neighbor down the block..sent the claim to HOA to take care of it. but while doing so i also found dat my good neighbor's wife had put trash in our trash bin on trash pickup day. WTF.. unbelievable.. knowledge i didnt want to have.

i recommend each one of you to setup a few ip cameras on your house and record while you're not home. it is pretty crazy wat you'll find. seriously.. people are faking stupid and youll appreciate that you have recorded of all of this.

wife and i were especially cracking up about my neighbor's wife.. she was like waaat?

Old 11-25-2017, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think I'd see much, at least from my good neighbors. The three of us all leave at the same time in the morning & come home at the same in the afternoon. One neighbor & I do the same sort of work & work exactly the same hours in the same general area. It is eerily similar, except he's probably my parents' age or a bit older.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?