General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Got a hair cut. Feeling like a new human.

This salt is terrible already.

How y'all?

Old 12-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hey there mike! good to hear u feel refreshed agreed on the salt..

Old 12-13-2017, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, wanted to mention that iOS 11.2 on my ipad has been good. meaning ive not charged it since 3 days ago and still holding a good charge. i only use it to watch cnn during lunch but still, that's a good 1.5hrs+ streaming and battery is still over 80%.

next up im going to update my company iphone7 with 11.2

Old 12-14-2017, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. got those tempered glass screen protectors coming in for my iphone and ipod, going to install those today, and pretty much a carbon copy of yesterday otherwise. going to enjoy my commute in the GTI.

have a good thursday everyone!

Old 12-14-2017, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
So Happy Its Thursday guys!

Yeah Mike, totally know what you mean about the feeling after a haircut. Think I found a new barber. Was tired of paying the salon prices...granted I got a wash/shampoo/head massage/cut/craft beer as well as enjoy the "scenery" of all the good looking people that worked there since it was a rather fashionable salon. Just was tired of paying those prices. Found an old-school/hipstery barber I've gone to previously when my salon appt was booked and its half the cost. Sure no wash/shampoo...or craft beer (just pabst lol)...or scenery...but the cut is as good at least.

Enjoying my breakfast burrito and prepping to do a site survey this morning at the ship yard for a new install. Hope everyone has a good day.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
burritos for breakfast huh?

woot, looks like my new ipod case arrived along with new clogs still waiting on the tempered glass. wife said she was going to contact verizon to get my old iphone back in service for her to use. no waste is a good thing.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
kinda like with the GK. get new brighter bulbs, save $25k

Old 12-14-2017, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
So Happy Its Thursday guys!

Yeah Mike, totally know what you mean about the feeling after a haircut. Think I found a new barber. Was tired of paying the salon prices...granted I got a wash/shampoo/head massage/cut/craft beer as well as enjoy the "scenery" of all the good looking people that worked there since it was a rather fashionable salon. Just was tired of paying those prices. Found an old-school/hipstery barber I've gone to previously when my salon appt was booked and its half the cost. Sure no wash/shampoo...or craft beer (just pabst lol)...or scenery...but the cut is as good at least.

Enjoying my breakfast burrito and prepping to do a site survey this morning at the ship yard for a new install. Hope everyone has a good day.
Yeah I go to a pretty fancy salon. The dude who cuts my hair is a good dude though & we have similar (re: TERRIBLE for our age) hairlines so I trust him to manage it well. Craft beer with a haircut sounds fancy as heck haha

Originally Posted by kenchan
burritos for breakfast huh?

woot, looks like my new ipod case arrived along with new clogs still waiting on the tempered glass. wife said she was going to contact verizon to get my old iphone back in service for her to use. no waste is a good thing.
Sweet potato + black bean burrito for breakfast sounds CHOICE.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
that's cool mike. i too go to a nice salon to get my hair done. my stylist is also the owner of the place and ive known him since like my teen days over 30yrs ago. he does a great job and i just tell him 'the usual' and he knows what to do. he also does my wife's hair. mang one time he gave her a bob and my wife turned like 20yrs younger looking.

there are not many local places that know how to cut thick hair like mine. if i go to a korean place i end up looking like a korean guy (which is fine if i was good looking korean guy), if i go to some cheap j-lander place i end up looking like a north korean, if i go to some regular folk caucasian place i end up looking like i got ran over by a lawn mower..

lol

Old 12-14-2017, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got the tempered glass installed on my iphone and ipod bubble free. woot very cool.

also got the pair of philips bulbs for the GK. will install maybe sat as temps are suppose to be in the upper 30's/lower 40's. wish it would rain a bit to rid some of the salt on the roads.. my black GTI shows all the white stuff too easily after a wash..

Old 12-14-2017, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
that's cool mike. i too go to a nice salon to get my hair done. my stylist is also the owner of the place and ive known him since like my teen days over 30yrs ago. he does a great job and i just tell him 'the usual' and he knows what to do. he also does my wife's hair. mang one time he gave her a bob and my wife turned like 20yrs younger looking.

there are not many local places that know how to cut thick hair like mine. if i go to a korean place i end up looking like a korean guy (which is fine if i was good looking korean guy), if i go to some cheap j-lander place i end up looking like a north korean, if i go to some regular folk caucasian place i end up looking like i got ran over by a lawn mower..

lol
Lulz! Admiring thick hair, can't even imagine.

I walked in yesterday & told him I just wanted it as short as possible for my weird head because as thin as it is I look totally bald & pathetic when I take off a winter hat. He responds, "I just shaved my head this morning for exactly the same reason, I know exactly what you want."

Can't complain at all.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
we all look good in our different ways.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
alright got up and was ready to post away but my MBP was wanting to do an OS update so waiting for it to complete.. says it will take a good 30 min or so.

hope it fixes the minor bugs the latest high sierra has.. nothing major but just an annoyoance more than anything.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. Happy Friday! going to take it nice and slow at work today. and going to take my commute nice and relaxed as well in my GTI. got a 3 day weekend coming up so i'm real happy about that, also the contractor apparently finished the repair/maintenance this week on the exterior of my house so i'm real happy about that as well. no need to worry about moving my car around while they work.

have a good friday everyone!

Old 12-15-2017, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
you know i'm a believer in having all the best of the best of different brands in a category. so i think i need a sennheiser anc headphone in my line up to compete with (complete) my Bose and Sony haha

Old 12-15-2017, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
this one i should get.

Amazon Amazon

Old 12-15-2017, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
then my wife will say "but ken-san, you only have 2 ears!"

and i'll reply but you only have 2 shoulders (referring to her purse collection)

Old 12-15-2017, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
alright, finally made it home and while traffic was filled with faktarded idiots, there were moments where traffic opened up and had a good time in the GTI.

got home, the contractors didnt do a real good job picking up after themselves and found nails and shards of metal on the driveway. good thing the headlights on my GTI is adaptive so i could see the driveway when i turned the steering wheel to drive up. stopped and picked up the metal.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
tomorrow i plan to pull out my long over due STI for some motoring fun. roads are kinda dusty with salt but i dont care. ill use waterless on Sunday to clean it real nice as temps are supposed to be above freezing, high 30F's.

tonight going to eat supper and just relax, watch some TV

Old 12-16-2017, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
alright, looks like a dry saturday today. going to pull out my STI for a morning drive this am.

have a good saturday everyone!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?