General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Old 05-24-2018, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the 2nd item haha. Just make sure they didnt double charge!

Guess I'm going to Norfolk next week to check out a ship for work.

Concrete is scheduled for Saturday....maybe doing a full detail on one of the cars that day....maybe not if they are causing a lot of dust etc.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
haha ure right, shinjari i better check! GL on the pour this weekend. sound exciting! things coming together for u.

looks like a dry weekend coming up. going to definitely pull out my R. haven driven the car in a month now. lol. will check psi tonight on the R and STI.

finally found some skewers for my bicycle to try. thing uses a weird proprietary length and they don’t sell them separately so took a while to figure out. i’m just hoping the diameter of the shaft is the same.. mine runs 5mm quick releases so i’m thinking it’s fine.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
huh looks like apple teamed up with VW on autonomous cars. very cool. two of my favorites.

have to say after one yr of ownership with my Golf-R and near 2 yrs with my GTI, i am VERY PLEASED with these cars. i wouldve never thought id be saying that 10 yrs ago. thanks honda for making crappy cars and i started exploring other brands. lol

Old 05-25-2018, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
so hoping for a quick friday and maybe go out for a short ride tonight before supper on my slower bicycle.

have a good friday and weekend!

Old 05-25-2018, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
was a quick day. already home now going to enjoy my 3 day weekend. did a few house chores and now waiting for my wife to come home.. hopefully with juicy charburger and cheeze fries.

or might do dogs and chili instead..

saw so much faktardation on the way home it was comical.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
i should get one of these.. haha how much is #3100 in USD? like $4200?

Prodrive quality, sounds good.

https://hummingbirdbike.com

Old 05-26-2018, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
actually the one i want priced out to be more like $5K shipped.. will see..

alright a sunny weekend day finally and will be pulling out my R for a nice relaxing drive this am. have a good saturday everyone!

Old 05-26-2018, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
Kenchan you cray cray. You haven't had your TWO new bikes for a month and talking $5k bikes lol.

Concrete gets poured today!

Had a member ask me with 15x7 +35 on 195/60/15 will rub with his swifts. I told him more there is an extremely low probability they will rub.

Also replaced the sway links on my mom's Rogue. Took all 30 minutes, thanks milwaukee impact for making quick work of the nuts I could reach. Other nut just needed the breaker bar and done. Issue I found while in there though is that the tie-rod bushings are toast and while the suspension was....suspended in the air, the lower control arm bushings showed severe signs of cracking. This could be the cause of the weird road feeling I was getting when I drove it from her house to mine yesterday.

Anyways, now the debate is buy parts local to ensure I get lifetime warranty like through autozone/oreillys etc. Or just buy online for a hair cheaper than local. Either way I gotta wait for my mom to get back form her trip to make sure she wants to do all this.

Happy saturday everyone!

Old 05-26-2018, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
shinjari- GL on the pour today! yah, i kinda go nuts when i start a hobby. im always like this. lol

GJ on getting the endlinks replaced. sounds good dat your new impact is doing well. id definitely get one too if im going to be working on my cars. not sure about the warranty if it matters or not. if your mom plans to keep the car for like another 5+yrs itd make sense, but id probably just buy the same parts online for cheap and roll the dice.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
got back from my drive. had a great relaxing time in my R. such a smooth riding fast fun car. got gas and cleaned off the dead bugs off the bumper and glass. going to pull her out again tomorrow.

kinda odd that my weekend car (R) drives so much more comfy than my dd (GTI).. should be backwards.. or at least the same. oh well.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
heading out to run some errands in the GK. will grab lunch with the wife along the way.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
nnnn.. fondue for lunch was good.

one more errand to go..GK showing whoz boss

Old 05-27-2018, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
motored my R this am again, had a great time. QD'ed the car afterwards... hot as hell in the garage today. i have a wall mounted fan but i think im going to install a second one this yr.

also a bird sat on my GTI's side mirror and took a bigarse crap.. the shit got on the side mirror, dripped down the passenger door all the way down to the side sill. WTF so faking missed. going to make a strap with needles pointing upwards and mount it on the side mirrors every friday afterwork to monday am before leaving for work. i hate non-edible birds. all non-edible birds (minus penguins) on the planet can go to hell.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
ken- Most likely a male robin is seeing his image in your mirror & fighting his own refection. Ah nature isn't it wonderful. Just clean it up & move one. Life is too shot to be hating on the birds. Take your revenge out on some fried chicken. ;-)

Old 05-27-2018, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
yeah I think Ash probably knows that about the poo poo, just saying no point wasting energy hating all the birds lol.

Yeah so spoke with my mom and told her about the suspension components. Gotta order them...just debating who through. Shes the type to drive a car until it doesnt work anymore. Plus she doesnt drive much to being with. She got the car 7 years ago with 40k miles...it now has 66k lol.

Been busy. I gave the Rogue a full detail, wash, clay, polish, wax. I didnt compound since some clear was failing and didnt want to cause more. I did see some bird doodoo outlines. Swear she only washes the car 1x a year =/ and probably some cheapo drive thru wash with no wax.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
ash- u must not know that bird crap will etch the clear and paint if left too long? some will etch within one hour. there was already some etching that started on the paint on my car.. like a meter length down the door when i cleaned it off this am. that is something i will need to polish out later after i wash the car. meaning i dont have time for this shit.

got the spikes installed on the mirrors.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- did u get the concrete poured? how did dat turn out?

Old 05-27-2018, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
woot, my wife is moving the server (computer) to another section of the basement allowing me MUCH MORE ROOM for my RC. not that ive played with my RC in a while... but its always good to know i can when i feel like it.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
looks like another dry morning tomorrow. going to pull out my STI. turning out to be an excellent weekend for a change. my left ankle has been doing real well too. i think the pedaling on my bicycle is helping since i did not feel ANY discomfort driving the R two days in a row. i even changed shoes to see if that made any difference in the comfort. no issue, very cool. will reconfirm tomorrow driving 3 days in a row.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
ash- u must not know that bird crap will etch the clear and paint if left too long? some will etch within one hour. there was already some etching that started on the paint on my car.. like a meter length down the door when i cleaned it off this am. that is something i will need to polish out later after i wash the car. meaning i dont have time for this shit.

got the spikes installed on the mirrors.
Oh yes my friend I do know that stuff can be like pure acid. It happens on occasion & it sucks to have to do paint correction. A friend of mine puts paper bags over his side view mirrors when he has to park outside of his garage. It looks odd, but it works for him. I'm wondering if a ceramic coating may protect your car from bird bombs.

I wonder if your car will now have bird bombs, feathers & blood on the doors now. ;-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?