General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah usually i get one dat don’t require removal of dat clock wheel thingie. i just tape it from turning while doing da work and put the hub on.

did u check out da daikei AS01? should get dat to get the steering wheel perfectly aligned.

alright da STI brake cylinder brace thingie arrived.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
I did, but I'm looking to get the steering wheel closer to the driver than that.

To align the wheel with the shifter (basically make it in the same place as other cars) it has to move back 2 - 2 1/2 inches. Everyone complains about the driving position of the Fit, but I think the problem is solely in the steering wheel position. It's just not right or even close.

We already have a dead pedal, armrest and shifter. Getting the steering wheel in the right location is the last piece of the puzzle.

Granted, that will have it in the wrong position for the turn signal stalk, but they are rarely used around here. Not many intersections.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
nono, u STACK the as01 on top of da spacer. u gain like 10mm and add either a 20mm or 30mm spacer.

too bad i deleted all da picts on purpose when fakers of dis site pissed me off yrs back.

48hrs and counting from stage+1 install kick off. well daz if my planes don’t crash. lol. taking thurs pm off.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
another reason why da fit seating position suck is because the pedal is too close. i have the GK seat set all da way back..

Old 09-18-2018, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
another reason why da fit seating position suck is because the pedal is too close. i have the GK seat set all da way back..

I could see that being a problem if I needed the seat all the way back. I have short legs, so moving the wheel fixes all for me.

To give you an idea of how much spacer I want...I'm looking at a total of around 5.5" (140mm) of adapter/spacer/connecter. 3" to account for the stock wheel and about 2.5" to move it rearward.

Hey!!! I just found your old thread. What I really need is that Daikei S-317 you used. I can't find a hub adapter that is that deep. They are all super thin. Mugen, Spoon, etc discontinued theirs it seems. That one you used was probably 3.5" thick or something and then you added a spacer. That would be much closer to what I'm looking for.

I bought a chinese version from eBay that is similar to what you used, but once I got it here, I don't feel comfortable trusting it to not break. The casting is horrible. Looks like they didn't even fully melt the metal before pouring it into the mold. And instead of the metal collar like yours had, it has some ugly plastic.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
yah i got mine from japanparts.com long time ago. if daikei is still selling them u should be able to source from japanparts.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
alright my flight didnt delay so got home and installed da cusco master brake cylinder brace thingie.. fak da install was nearly impossible due to tight space on da STI.. thought i turned into a faking asiana pilot mang.. ho lee fuk

but finished da job with success.
my left finger tips had to be my eyes.. cause cant see shit. and im right handed. lol my wobbles and ratchet combination wrenches did well. looking forward to trying it out over da weekend.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Nice kenchan! Wish we could see pics

I put the clockspringamabob back together. Don't know if it works, but it looks right. Yikes!

Will have the new steering wheel adapter here on Thursday to resume the project. I want it to be and look right. At least look right to my hillbilly old man eyes.

Should have my hondapartsnow order soon as well. With that I'll be able to start the differential and clutch install.

Don't think I mentioned it, but I also stopped by a machine shop here in my little town to discuss rebuilding the Fit motor with new rods and pistons. They quoted me a good price on the machine shop labor. Won't be an immediate thing, but good to know I found a place within a few miles of the house that wants to do the job.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
thanks! good job putting back dat clockspring thingie. once it spins its really hard to tell where 'center' is.. sounds good on da adapter, clutch and diff bits. huh, new rods and pistons... like a new car!

Old 09-18-2018, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
wife said the GK has over 32k miles now. wen does direct injection problems start again?

Old 09-18-2018, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
I think it would be good to move on before 60k miles. At 32k it should still be fine for awhile.

Unless you want a reason to dump the thing. In which case, it's a ticking time bomb that must be traded in NOW.

Warranty expires in April, 2020 on my Lincoln. That will be it's time limit for me. Direct injection, two turbos, awd, and a ridiculous amount of luxury features. Not something I want to own out of warranty.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
yah, i been hinting my wife dat its going to die soon. i mean just listen to da RATATATATTATTATTAT! on cold start. LOL my GK is such a pos.

i own da thing and the title is in my name so ill find a good replacement for her and just swap it one day. probably swap it out for a impreza hatch with eye sight. cheap and worry free.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
Would she have any interest in a Crosstrek? Wouldn't normally even ask that but, one of my best friends bought one for his wife. Loaded Limited model. A few years, tons of miles, and lots of boat towing later, they both really like the thing. It's held up well and is super user friendly.

Certainly not fast, but the ground clearance and visibility are excellent and the interior isn't so bad in Limited trim.

I was somewhat impressed overall with it.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
funny u ask cause dat was the one car (only car) dat caught her eyes and asked wat it was. thing is kinda ugly but da tall ride height is good for snow and basically an impreza... and has a JF vin.. aka jland made

current impreza is made by indians.. well indianasians.. and u knowz how annoying dat indian neighbor down da street is.. oh wait dey different.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
hummm.. btw, wat do you call people from indiana?

Old 09-18-2018, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
indiananas? sounds like a banana

indianish?

indianapolians? but dat sounds like people from indianapolis..

Old 09-18-2018, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
That's funny cause his wife saw it and fell in love. Maybe it's targeted at women? His wife went from a 10 yo Civic to the Crosstrek. She's not a car person, but she does like the thing quite a bit. They were actually shopping for a car for him and he wasn't finding what he wanted so she bought a car instead.

Same way that we ended up with our Fit. I was car shopping for me and test drove a Civic Si. I was meh on the Si, but the wife saw the Fit and fell in love. That night at home I asked her if she really liked the Fit and she said yes. I told her we'd go back and test drive it the next day and buy it if she wanted it. 11 years later and it's still here.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
hummm... definitely something weird going on here..!

Old 09-19-2018, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
alright one biggish meeting in da pm and done with work till friday. hope to 'finish' my WRX tomorrow before supper. unless da map is already loaded on da AP, going to download the economy and valet profiles and keep dem in da handheld. in total i paid less dan 2700 on aftermarket bits to make da car mine. so dat is cheap

but i already have a set of barely used 18" prodrives with DWS06 for winter driving along with a set of husky liners from my STI so i guess dat is cheating. lol... on dry cold days the summer tires didnt do horribly on either da STI or Golf-R so going to just run those through winter. not like im going to be driving in snow anyway in those cars. too lazy to wash da salt off.

have a good wednesday everyone!

Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
woot cobb arrived.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?