General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 11:26 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, i just dont have the time to be going to the store every time i need something. im like gone for biz travel often, i need something by the time i get back and no time to go shopping at a brick and mortar in the mean time. even today while i was working at the office, i dropped and cracked that bread box this am, by the time i got home amazon had a replacement sitting in my foyer to use for the loaf of bread my son baked tonight.

wat other online store can do this.. none that i know of.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
alright today started off getting a few house chores out of the way and then going to proceed mounting the AP to my STI. will check tire psi on the WRX, Golf-R, and STI and then head out motoring in my STI during geezer hr.

pm picking up cake in my WRX for a party tonight. . should be yet another full day.

have a good wednesday everyone!

Old 11-21-2018, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
meh, just remembered the OBD2 does not pickup oil temp on the STI.. so no meaning to install the AP handheld on the car for me. monitoring DAM and knock sensors are imho useless unless im having cels.. plus the AP can log data if i did encounter such dtc's.. so decided not to mount on my car. lol

checked tire psi and now waiting patiently for geezer hour..

Old 11-21-2018, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
alright got back from motoring my STI. had a blast. such a fun car to drive mang.. luv it.

oh yah, if you guys got anything on ebay you were waiting to buy, PICKFAST will net you 15% off.. but u need to buy through their app.
happy hunting.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
meh watched a new altima review and it just reminded me of work.. cause i drive rental cars all the time. the interior looked nicer than before, the cluster just reminds me of a rental car. cvt lag appears to be pronounced, why is nissan still making these useless super boring eco sedans no one wants.. cant carry anything big, not fun to drive, not stylish, no bragging rights, just another yawn CVT FWD a to b rental car..

Old 11-21-2018, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
went out for some authentic japanese with the wife and kids in the GK. parked next to an old Rabbit and a rusty minivan and did not think twice. dinner was great and ate too much as planned.

now brewing some coffee for a nice orange mousse cake finish.

tomorrow am pulling out my STI for another round of motoring fun before getting ready for thanksgiving dinner.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
alright, dry weather is holding up so im pulling out my STI in a bit. im real thankful for that.
no turkey for me (not a turkey person) but will have some nice homemade j-hamburger steak and german potato salad to celebrate.

have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-23-2018, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
mang ate too much as expected last night.. lol hope u all had a nice Thanksgiving.

pulled out my STI this am for round 3 of motoring fun, got gas along the way and SOCW & QD'ed the car afterwards. the roads were a little wet in some places but the car wasnt caked in salt so decided to just do the waterless this time as i wont be driving the car until next weekend at the earliest. i dont want residual salt and water in the doors and nooks, suspension, etc after a wash and placing the car in the garage without a dehumidifier an fan. too cold to run dehumidifier right now..and makes no sense to drive the car after the wash to dry because there is salt on the ground... ill be back to square one lol..

traffic wise i was out pretty early, but there werent too many cars out. black friday sales is really slow these days at the brick and mortar stores. the only thing i bought this week were a few tracks and an album at the itunes store, didnt buy anything as far as car stuff or music gear or even RC. not sure if good or bad, but there's really nothing i want right now.. well, besides a larger garage and driveway. haha

so i hear Fiat is pulling out of the US market next year? is that so? guess ill never get to try the Abarth. oh well.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by kenchan
.................pulling out my WRX for some relaxing motoring fun in a bit......
whoah!!! From an oldie, you young boys are exactly the same!!!

Gotta take out the toys n enjoy life!!!

Sun came out up north here in Vancouver and, likewise, took the Audi out for a drive. Feels good to hit 160mph on a short straightaway where the cops where'nt around. Almost as good as s_x!!! LOL!!! Hearing that non-aspirated V-8 at redline is music to my ears!!!��

Happy Thanksgiving n safe driving to all.

Finally ordered RS-R downcsprings for my trusty GK n will install next week. The bounciness from OEM springs is irritating!! ☹

Old 11-24-2018, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
finally got a little peek of sun this am, if the roads dry up a little might pull out my WRX for a short cruise.. but considering i got 3 days of STI motoring this week, im real content and thinking ill just take a break today and let my left ankle rest... maybe head downstairs and drive my RC cars instead. lol

been checking out a few exhaust clips on youtube to see if i want to swap the factory exhaust with something different on my STI.. to me the muffler deletes i have on my WRX sounds good so might just do something similar.. i hear there is no measurable performance gain from catbacks alone on this car so this is merely for sound. and not interested in stage2 (j-pipe swap). however, there are 2 things that im concerned about.

#1.. whether i might lose the nice low-rpm punch (for a 4 banger that is) on my STI if no back pressure. that is one key element i luv about the STI that makes it a sports car.. its super fast throttle response. #2.. fitment. not a fan of not-perfect fitting parts. the muffler deletes on my WRX fit perfectly but the tips aren't the best quality. if all fails i might end up getting the same pair, but id like to try another brand.

anyway, not sure if id follow through on this cause im happy with the STI as it is right now, but something to ponder about when i have time. haha
although a pita to clean, im considering to get a set of factory window visors as wind noise can get pretty loud when i have the driver window cracked open. since i dont drive my STI in the wet usually (too lazy to wash and dry), not a huge deal to clean the glass i guess.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 11-24-2018, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
looks like snow is coming next week so decided to be proactive and got gas in the GK so my wife dont have to this pm. $15 to fill 7 gallons. lol yesterday i filled my STI in a rural-ish area and it was $40 for 12+ gallons and i thought that was a super deal.

and while pumping gas in my GK, i was standing out dere in my messed up hair, unshaved face, dated bright red loser winter coat i usually wear while shoveling snow for visibility at night, comfy winter boots and all. not to be demeaning, but thought it must be nice to be a carefree guy even if at the bottom of the totem pole if dis was truly me with my only car every day..

anyway, that was my 15min of glory while driving my GK. freedom.. truely therapeutic.

Old 11-24-2018, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
not to be demeaning, but thought it must be nice to be a carefree guy even if at the bottom of the totem pole if dis was truly me with my only car every day..
Lol. So you're elitist about your tarted-up econoboxes? An Impreza and a Golf? Lol.

How arrogant, condescending, deluded, and self-absorbed.

Some of us deliberately choose the Fit though we could easily pay cash for something much better. If you hate your GK so much, why are you here? Oh yes. That's right. Because, as you have eluded to, you're making FitFreak a better place by 'blogging' about your dinner plans. I'm sure your Fit-bashing drivel is a huge draw for the site. No doubt traffic was noticeably down during your little hiatus in which you spitefully decided to deprive the denizens of FitFreak of the glory and wonder of your virtual presence.

I cannot roll my eyes hard enough.

​​​​

Last edited by sneefy; 11-25-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
So I finally got off my arse the other day to get back to some RC and took me a good 15min of continuous driving to get back to the swing of things. pulled out 3 different chassis and obviously the tires were kind of dry and needed some breaking in but after scrubbing off the outer layers it began to feel like it should and my driving gradually came back.

I know ABC hobbies use to make the GD fit kits and was hoping to get a body to add to my line up but all sold out it seems.
will check out if any of the RC guys i know might have an unpainted one.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
check this out!!

Grid / HONDA Fit

Old 11-25-2018, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
alright, going to do a quick check on the GK and WRX this am for vitals.. and will do a quick wipe down of the interior and vac. no other car related planned for today.

thinking about heading down to my basement to fire up the other chassis i have to wake them up from the long hiatus while i do some house chores.

besides that need to prep for work as i have a super busy week coming up. kinda dreading it but can’t complain as that is wat i do.. just gotta fight through the next few weeks.

have a good sunday everyone! hope ur holiday was enjoyable.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
so finished the quick inspection this am on the dd's. my WRX checked out but my GK appears to be loosing coolant.. . i topped it off about a month ago when i did the brake fluid change with my kid, water level is dropping by 1/4" on the reservoir every other wk. will keep adding more coolant as i still have some factory coolant left from my GE days. easier to keep adding coolant vs making a special trip to a recycling center to dispose of it.

there should be a law where autoparts stores must accept all old fluid kinds they sell for recycling including coolant. or take it at a small fee, i wouldn't care. makes no sense they take old oil but not coolant. im real happy that the subaru coolant has a whopping 11yr life span. unless it changes color i would never have to change the coolant while under my ownership.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
drove my RC cars on my basement mini touge track. had a fun time. one of my cheaper 2S lipo's is not balance charging anymore. oh well. i checked all the others and they are at storage voltage..a healthy 3.82-3.84v per cell paired within or at 0.01v of each other.

placed order for the oem window visors (rain deflector) for my STI. hope to install it next weekend.. not that it's any rush. got a super deal cause i used my hilton points! lol

Old 11-26-2018, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
Hope everyone had a good holiday. Kept it low key and had a friends-giving instead of the usual visiting family. Was one of the most relaxing Thanksgivings I can remember. Maybe a new tradition haha.

This is my 2nd to last day in the office, then some time off before starting new job.

Wanted to share this car I saw today at work. S14 Zenki Challenger anyone? Looks like he removed his chassis mounted spoiler...at least temporarily.

https://ltmotorwerks.com/products/fu...rsion-aero-kit
http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/07/...ket-bunny-s14/

Last edited by shinjari; 11-26-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
A guy who drives at my 'local' (two hours away) drift days had the RB Boss kit on his S14. Forever and always my least favorite aero choice for those cars haha

Guy has beaucoup bucks. Owns two harlequin mk3 VW golfs, an old S8, like four s-chassis, a new 911T, 29k mile all stock FD3S, a MINT 996 GT3 and on & on.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
I dunno man....there are many other kits that were just....BAD.

I cant find a pic of the 'shogun' kits on a s14 that were so popular...but this one is pretty bad as well. I'll take the above mentioned kit over this any day of the week.

Last edited by shinjari; 11-26-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?