General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 10:21 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
have a nice holiday too, ash.

so after only 6months? my edifice (casio) watch encountered may scratches on the crystal taking on the beating while working on my cars. going to continue using it as it will scratched more.. my other silver one is fine as i only wear it sometimes to work (when i wear sweaters) and while driving my Golf-R which im not doing right now. anyway thanks to the edifice, my seiko has since been scratch free.

been checking out this G-Shock to use on weekends while im not working on my cars. pretty cool. can use on biz trips too if im not wearing my dress shirts. actually i might be able to pull it off even with dress shirts.

https://www.casio-intl.com/asia/en/w.../MTG-B1000-1A/

MTGB1000-1A
it's an atomic watch with BLE compatibility with my iphone..

Old 12-26-2018, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=ashchuckton;1420107]The comparison between the Fit & Skooby.
Base Subaru Impreza hatchback is ~$3000 more than the fit lx but does have awd. We bought one for an in law 2017 cause they live with snow and hills in the winter. I agree with ash on the winter tires. I had an awd mitsu evo 8 RS with summer tires, it was undriveable in the snow, was much easier to drive an M3 rwd with blizzaks in the snow. AWD with winter tires = snowcat.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
hope you folks had a great xmas!

Heading out to my chiro this am pulled my back, not too bad but want this fixed before the weekend when i pull out my STI.
also eye exam later today and need to go visit the dentist tomorrow for check up.

not much else going on today. build another lego car or two. lol.

have a nice wednesday!

Old 12-26-2018, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member

Old 12-27-2018, 06:31 AM
5 Year Member
ends up my chiro called in sick so decided to walk like 3-4 miles to loosen my lower back. hell i was back to near normal last night when i was at the mall with my family. sore again this am, but going to do the same today. stretch and walk.

kids and i are heading out to the dentist today for check up in the WRX. should be a fun ride.

have a good thursday everyone!

Old 12-27-2018, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member

Old 12-27-2018, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
4 days till 2019!!!! Where does the time go!?!

Looked at WRX before getting my GTI. I should have driven one but used around me they still go for a decent price when compared to GTI or Focus ST.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
hey there, golnat! yah, i too was like company xmas party already?!! beginning of the month. and now it's already end of month and my borla cbe has not yet been ordered. missed my window. guess im just going to wait until march when my Golf-R comes out of hibernation. may end up keeping the car the way she is though.. already running resonator delete so in RACE mode (valves open) she has a nice tone. just overall kinda quiet. yah, i dont know much about the used WRX market but it's a great car. i luv mine.

alright got a lot done this week.. eye exam is finished, dentist check up for my kids and me are also complete. no issues on any of the exams/check up so very pleased. the drive in the WRX was fun too yesterday. was raining, but no issue with traction.

this am my back was still a little sore so decided to take the WRX instead of my STI for a nice relaxing drive. good (lucky) choice too cause it started snowing (no accumulation) in some areas during the drive and my WRX was already dirty from yesterday so i didnt care about kick up. encountered a bunch of loser-arse pos garbages though driving their shitty cars slow holding up traffic. an F150 driving in front of me got pissed at them after a while and found an opening in traffic and zipped through, so i followed him. after that traffic was light and rest of the drive was enjoyable. got gas on the way home. gas is so cheap right now.

got home, decided to clean my LEGO display and all the models. i have a bunch of technic kits so it took a while to clean using a boar's hair brush and a vacuum.
2 new car lego kits arrived today (just small kits) so built those with my younger kid and i got 3 more car kits coming tomorrow. should be a fun LEGO weekend.

while cleaning, i found a bunch of car magazines and car catalogs from 2002 like the bug eye WRX, RSX, even found an 2008 official GD "Fit is Go" catalog in great condition. haha

hope you all are having a good friday

Old 12-28-2018, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member

Old 12-28-2018, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
POPUPSAVINGS

will net you up to 15% off on ebay until 6pm PST.

happy hunting.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
took advantage of the discount code and ordered oem STI side diffusers and rear spats for my WRX. woot! will install the set come Spring time.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
alright, checked and adjusted psi on all 4 cars this am. with temps holding pretty steady this week got a good baseline temp to work off of this am for my WRX and GK. glad to verify no leaks.

light snow on the ground, going to skip the drive today as im still a little sore and besides this, i got a bunch of fun drives this holiday so im already very pleased.
got 3 more lego cars arriving today, will build those with my kids while talking cars and take it easy rest of day.

still waiting on that RC kit to be released.. they've been taking pre-orders with a release date of late december and it's already late december.. no update. dont feel like ordering until they officially release it.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 12-29-2018, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member

Old 12-29-2018, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
headed to the mall this pm in the GK with my younger kid to check out the lego store. wanted to see if they sold loose wheels in separate bins but they only had bricks today. np.

picked up 2 kits at the store to make the trip worthwhile.. haha. anyway, going to these large malls quickly reminded me of how stupid the general public is and was glad i had the beater GK to match. parked in a narrow spot near the entrance and zipped through the congested parking lot on the way home. tap or dent my car? i wouldnt care. lol

tomorrow i think im going to pull out the WRX instead of my STI since im going to be washing the car. i saw salt trucks on the way home dumping large amounts of salt everywhere even though only light flurries. yikes.

anyway, going back to building my lego cars. have a good evening folks.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
decided to skip the drive this am in the WRX mainly because the car is frozen and it snowed a little overnight. too lazy to scrape off all the ice. temps are supposed to rise quickly so will give her a wash in the pm. might go for a walk too. yesterday when i walked in the big mall to the lego store my back felt real good.

doing some house chores this am and will continue building the lego cars today.

have a good sunday everyone!

tomorrow is the last day of 2018 and will be shutting it all down here. been a pleasure posting in the blog for over a decade. im on a bunch of other car forums under different alias so we mightve been already in discussions. GL to all of you.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member

Old 01-07-2019, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Happy New Year everyone!

Hope it all went well =)

Staying pretty low key lately. Work been keeping me busy so haven't been able to bother you all in a bit.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
I think kenchan quit fitfreak, so just bothering me at this point haha

How's life other than busy?

Old 01-07-2019, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
well, since kenchan isnt posting, I'll share some WRX related content ... cause he'd totally do that.

after 5 yrs/50k, our mishimoto alum rad decided to leak, replaced it with "TYC" brand from amazon. reviews show, it sometimes shows up in a koyo box, so I figured, WHY NOT?! thing shows up .... with a damn hairline crack. I dindt notice it, until after install, and when filling coolant, heard a "drip drip" noise.... FML!

ordered 2 new rads ... per amazon prime.... will show up 2 days later. fast forward 2 days later .... "ORDER DELAYED" .... F M L .... car sat for another week .... smh

Old 01-07-2019, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like the UPS guys drop kicked it. I bought a TYC rad from Amazon for my Miata. It was a Koyo brand & lucky for me it didn't get cracked on the way. At least Amazon is very good about returns. Sorry you have to go though the uninstall & shipping stuff.

Happy New Year Shinjari & Mike.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?