General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Nah those Works....were in the works lol. Buddy asked if I would be interested if he decides to sell around spring time. I think they are nice but unless they are a screaming deal there are others I'd prefer.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Ooo gotcha. What are the considerations?

Old 01-21-2019, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Too many to choose from...
Titan7s Split5 (know its on a CTR). ~20lbs. 18x9.5 +38mm forged. About $1800 for the set, wheels only. Love the design and weight saving....price not so much.

Konig Ultraforms flow formed or whatever - 18 x 8.5 +35mm or 18 x 9 +38mm. ~19 lbs, a set will be about $700. Simple design...almost too simple. But like the cost and weight savings.

These are the Work Kiwami's on my buddies car he 'might' be selling. 18x9.5 +38mm. Good wheels overall. Not sure on weight since they are cast and feel the color makes them look 'small' even though they are 18's.

Really think these are clean. They are Rotas SS10 (not sure how I feel about the brand) 18x8.5 +45mm. They are more gunmetal than the picture is showing.

These are poor mans version of the Titan7's. Niche Misano. Only could find pics in a 19x9.5.

Also kinda dig the Enkei NT03s. Would go a different color because these wouldn't go well on white. He is also on stock suspension, not lowered.

Last edited by shinjari; 01-21-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Looking at Rotas KB-F, these are pretty close to the Titans...~19lbs and $250/each. Cant find info on cast or flow formed. Havent seen on a Civic....only STI's/WRX's since they share similar lug pattern and offset.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Also saw these Enkei TM7's which look great on this Red civic...They are directional Mesh...but they only make (1) sku...so it looks 'right' when on the driver side....but looks like its flowing 'backwards' on the passenger side. UGH.

[img]https://www.civicx.com/attachments/rubby-jpg.62434/

Old 01-21-2019, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
I vote Titan7 or the Konigs.

There's something 'off' about the Kiwamis IMO

Old 01-21-2019, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah the Konigs are just kinda...bland or look smallish due to the design.

Also yeah the Kiwamis are 'ok', hence the 'they need to be a screaming deal' to make any sense to me since there are other designs for similar pricing for what I would consider a 'deal'.

Not sure I can justify the Titan7s $ (well I can to myself...but the 'boss'....not so much lol).

With that said I may end up with the Rota KB-F's which seem to be extremely similar. I think in the hyper black or gunmetal would look best on my white/black setup. Even this Yamaha black (glossy black) would go well I think to match the piano black trim/aero on the civic but think the hyper black would be better for contrast and more forgiving when it comes to scratches/swirls vs the glossy black.

Last edited by shinjari; 01-21-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
These need to be installed stat!

Also we tested a 2015 IS350 F-sport black with black interior. Also a 2016 ES300h. And lastly a 2016 IS200t f-sport White with red/black interior.

The is350 sounded and felt great. The es300h was insanely roomy and surprised us with how quickly it accelerated. The is200t was whisper quiet even when you were going for it. Had plenty of power throughout the powerband.

May be asking wtf would we try the ES? Well I was hell bent on getting her in a GS...but it has the same motor as the IS...just with a bigger interior. She figured if she was gonna get the 3.5L v6, it'd be in the IS. So if she was to consider a bigger car it better get good MPG, which is where the ES hybrid came into play with its 39mpg. She liked the interior and the power...but still felt it was a boat. She sat in the IS and it fit like a glove.

Both IS's were great. We likely wont buy either one. She doesnt want to deal with a black car again and while the 200t was a combo she liked....she kinda wants the 350. They both get the same MPG, the V6 sounds good vs the silent 4cyl, the 350 gets adaptive suspension depending on drive mode and the 350 gets the premium stereo. So now we just gotta keep our fingers crossed for the 'right' one.

I only drove the IS200t to compare it to my civic 4cyl turbo, GF drove all 3. Besides being a smoother/quieter ride...I felt that my Civic was a little more 'raw' to drive. Especially since its a manual vs the 8speed. However the paddle shifters on the IS worked pretty well. I did have to be mindful of my speed...I kept looking down while we were on the fwy and i was going 85-90 without even trying since it revs so low. Civic is at 3k going 80 in 6th.

I was kinda jealous at how smooth/luxurious the IS felt....but also comparing a 21k msrp Civic Sport hatch vs a 38k+ msrp Lexus. Civic is 800lbs lighter, gets 33mpg combined vs the 23mpg the IS gets. Win some and lose some.

Hope you guys are had a good friday and have a good weekend.
A good friend of mine just bought a new car. He ended up with a GS350 F Sport. I think it's a pretty good choice overall. The IS interior is just way too cramped for my liking. I'm not sure if the numbers would support it, but I find the back seat of the IS to be less comfortable than a Fits. One of my customers has one and it's just not comfortable in the back for any adult. We took it to lunch ONE time and never again.

The ES 350 is a good car for someone that is a complete non car enthusiast. You are basically buying a more luxurious version of the Avalon, which is a good thing, but they have ZERO sporting intentions. The front wheel drive, heavy car, v6, automatic thing is fine for many, but I just don't like the way ANY car that fits that description drives. Don't get me wrong...they are dependable and well built. Just not for me.

With the GS you are getting the same motor, with a slight bump in power, but the big thing you are getting is the world class Toyota Aristo rear drive chassis. Add the F Sport package and you are getting real brakes and real suspension. Only thing lacking at that point is the motor, but it's a good compromise between power and fuel economy. The chassis is ready for triple the power (whereas the Avalon/ES chassis is maxed with the 3.5) and the motor is willing. Just not so capable.

In short, I'd say the IS is great for single people or young couples, the GS is great for families with one or two kids or executives that need rear seat room, and the ES/Avalon are perfect for people that want luxury/dependability, but are not car enthusiasts.

Have you test driven a GS F Sport? I'd suggest you give one a try. Skip the non-F Sport models if you want the full experience. The base models seats and suspension are lacking.

My friend picked up his 2015 GS350 F Sport loaded with the Mark Levinson sound system, Nav, etc with 30k miles for $28,800. Not cheap, but it's a CPO with warranty, maintenance, etc included.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
A good friend of mine just bought a new car. He ended up with a GS350 F Sport. I think it's a pretty good choice overall. The IS interior is just way too cramped for my liking. I'm not sure if the numbers would support it, but I find the back seat of the IS to be less comfortable than a Fits. One of my customers has one and it's just not comfortable in the back for any adult. We took it to lunch ONE time and never again.

The ES 350 is a good car for someone that is a complete non car enthusiast. You are basically buying a more luxurious version of the Avalon, which is a good thing, but they have ZERO sporting intentions. The front wheel drive, heavy car, v6, automatic thing is fine for many, but I just don't like the way ANY car that fits that description drives. Don't get me wrong...they are dependable and well built. Just not for me.

With the GS you are getting the same motor, with a slight bump in power, but the big thing you are getting is the world class Toyota Aristo rear drive chassis. Add the F Sport package and you are getting real brakes and real suspension. Only thing lacking at that point is the motor, but it's a good compromise between power and fuel economy. The chassis is ready for triple the power (whereas the Avalon/ES chassis is maxed with the 3.5) and the motor is willing. Just not so capable.

In short, I'd say the IS is great for single people or young couples, the GS is great for families with one or two kids or executives that need rear seat room, and the ES/Avalon are perfect for people that want luxury/dependability, but are not car enthusiasts.

Have you test driven a GS F Sport? I'd suggest you give one a try. Skip the non-F Sport models if you want the full experience. The base models seats and suspension are lacking.

My friend picked up his 2015 GS350 F Sport loaded with the Mark Levinson sound system, Nav, etc with 30k miles for $28,800. Not cheap, but it's a CPO with warranty, maintenance, etc included.
GAFIT, agree on ALL points. If this was for me...I'd be all over the GS F-sport, but it will be her DD. I tried very hard to get her to understand/like the GS and she likes the interior, but being a small person, she's just more comfortable driving the IS. Its more sporty looking as well to her. I expressed that the GS 350 and IS 350 have the same motor etc and her logic is with that being the case, with the power/mpg being the same, she'd rather drive something she is more comfortable in. We seldom have anyone in the back, except maybe the pups haha. But for the times that there are 1-2 people in the back I think it's no worse than my Civic Hatch. I was pretty good in the back during the test drive. Not sure I'd want to go cross country back there but I'm sure I'd manage. Hard to compare to the Fit as the Fit had more upright seating and the pillars did not angle in like the IS/GS/Civic. I know that (2) adults felt the GE was more roomy than my current Civic Hatch. However, they agreed that the Civic was a smoother ride hands down.

Also think I found a winner. ES Rotary forged (flow formed, MAT, whatever you wanna call it). 18x8.5 +30mm. ~21lbs. Wish they were a hair darker but I think they'd look good on the Civic still.

Pic I took this morning of my Civic.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
last I checked, ROTA does not do forged/flow formed. I believe they would be the bottom of the list for strength/quality

Old 01-22-2019, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member

GAFIT, agree on ALL points. If this was for me...I'd be all over the GS F-sport, but it will be her DD. I tried very hard to get her to understand/like the GS and she likes the interior, but being a small person, she's just more comfortable driving the IS. Its more sporty looking as well to her. I expressed that the GS 350 and IS 350 have the same motor etc and her logic is with that being the case, with the power/mpg being the same, she'd rather drive something she is more comfortable in. We seldom have anyone in the back, except maybe the pups haha. But for the times that there are 1-2 people in the back I think it's no worse than my Civic Hatch. I was pretty good in the back during the test drive. Not sure I'd want to go cross country back there but I'm sure I'd manage. Hard to compare to the Fit as the Fit had more upright seating and the pillars did not angle in like the IS/GS/Civic. I know that (2) adults felt the GE was more roomy than my current Civic Hatch. However, they agreed that the Civic was a smoother ride hands down.

Also think I found a winner. ES Rotary forged (flow formed, MAT, whatever you wanna call it). 18x8.5 +30mm. ~21lbs. Wish they were a hair darker but I think they'd look good on the Civic still.

Pic I took this morning of my Civic.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
I definitely like the wheels on the blue car. Who makes those?

I also like that the car above has Honda center caps. That's a nice touch.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
For anyone that prefers the size of the IS, it's a no-brainer! I'm always a fan of the smaller car/bigger motor recipe. In this case the motor isn't so powerful, but it should definitely do better in the IS than in the GS.

My friend commutes in heavy traffic. I'll report back with his mpg. Should be similar for a GS or IS sitting in traffic. I think he was getting like 15mpg in his Focus ST.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah coming from her Elantra where she enjoys 30+mpg...I told her to be prepared to 1) Pay for Premium and 2) be prepared for more like ~20-22mpg.
Her elantra would get her roughly 360 per tank on ~12 gallons (14 gal tank). So with the IS having a 17 gal tank, I'd expect her to get 300-330 for 15gal. So I don't expect her to have to go more often...but it'll just cost more each time than shes used to.

Definitely leaning towards the IS350 over the IS200T/IS300. Sure we can get a tune for the turbo to get it close to the 3.5 v6...but the 350 seems to hold its value better, similar MPG, weighs mildly less (~75lbs), has adaptive suspension and the mark levinson stereo option. Plus the V6 sounds pretty nice when you go for it haha. The turbo is a significantly quieter ride in comparison. Think I recall Lexus added a 'sound amplifier' for the V6 or something.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
last I checked, ROTA does not do forged/flow formed. I believe they would be the bottom of the list for strength/quality
I figured they'd be Cast. They do make a Rotary Forged wheel but it's a mesh design. Well I used to think that Rota would be 'cheap' quality as well, but they have to meet the same specs to be considered road worthy as any other. And several drift teams seem to use them and thats no joke. I know there are several 'oh my rotas' broke...but those seem to be the same few stories/pics floating around the interwebs and typically after an accident like scenario.

However, after finding the ESR Rotary Forged the rotas aren't really in the running anymore since they are pretty much the same design, the ESR's have a better spec, are rotary forged thus possibly lighter/stronger, and cost pretty much the same.

The Rotas only come in a 18x8 +44 or a 18x9.5 +38mm. Whereas the ESR's come in a 18x8.5 +30, 18x9 +30 and the 18x9.5 +38mm. I'm leaning towards the 18x8.5 +30mm. Since i'll be re-using my stock tires, I don't want much of a stretch, and with the spacers I'm running right now I'm at a 18x8 +35. There is some room to be as the cool kids say 'hella flush' and per the offset calculators and math...the 18x8.5 +30 will be 11mm wider than my current setup which seems pretty perfect. I will admit I do like the Hyper Black that the Rotas come in, but the ESR Hyper black is still a nice color.

I definitely like the wheels on the blue car. Who makes those?

I also like that the car above has Honda center caps. That's a nice touch.
The blue Civic Si Sedan has 19x8.5 +30mm ESR RF2 (Rotary Formed #2) with 235/35/19 Michelins I think. While they look great, I dont think I'd want to go 19's because 18's been to be a sweet spot with ride comfort and performance. Not to mention tires would be more as well.

I agree that the Honda center caps are a nice touch. Asked the guy if they were the OEM ones or if he needed custom ones.

Last edited by shinjari; 01-23-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Hey shinjari I saw this & thought of you. I had a 92 Si, loved that car, not much power, but a fun drive all the same.

1995 Civic Si

Old 01-24-2019, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Hey shinjari I saw this & thought of you. I had a 92 Si, loved that car, not much power, but a fun drive all the same.

1995 Civic Si
OMG! YES!!! That thing is perfect. Emailed to a buddy immediately. Not sure I can jump on that....as much as I'd love to.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
an oil change was last performed approximately 1k miles ago in 2006 per the seller.
SWEET! last oil change ...... 13 yrs ago! lol

nice find otherwise, looks damn clean

Old 01-24-2019, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Its a D16...i'm sure it'll be fine lol.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Want that Civic.

I trust Rota more than ESR.

Never thought I'd say a pro-rota sentence haha

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?