Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-freak-newbie-faqs/)
-   -   New Fit owner saying hi! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-freak-newbie-faqs/19189-new-fit-owner-saying-hi.html)

Snap Fit 12-07-2007 09:13 PM

New Fit owner saying hi!

Hello to um...well everybody!
I am a new fit owner and figured I should probably sign up since I have been looking around this site/group for a couple of months and I really have enjoyed it. I have been using the net for close to fifteen years yet I have never used it for anything other than research and email. Anotherwords please be kind if I flub this posting thing all up! heehee!
I am into classic Mini coopers and unfortunately unable to get one at this time (I have been saying that for 12 years uhg!) I used to be involved with MOALA (mini owners of america los angeles) however my work always cuts in (SFX Model Maker, Sculptor, Photographer, and various other art related gigs) Im sure I will rejoin soon enough though.
I decided on a fit because my old car and I (01 civic coupe and girlfriend though she somehow is ok) were destroyed when a careless driver hit us. Im still recovering (sternum was broken couldnt breathe, all that fun stuff). The fit was an obvious choice as it felt to me like a modern evquivalent to the classic mini but from Honda (yeah!) more so than the BMW MINI (to me anyway, and I love the new MINI too!)
Sorry for the longish post but today is my down/rest day trying not to over do it, so im bored as all hell.
I have apparently been spotted by a nother fitfreaker, I feel special in that sort of special way... I may be a dork, but I am an ENTHUSIASTIC one!

HapaLynai 12-07-2007 10:11 PM

Hi new Fit owner! What trim, color and transmission is your car? I've been using the internet for ten years and looking back, I think I used it for the wrong reasons. I met guys offline I talked to on the internet, I joined social sites (Asian Avenue), yelled at people in chartooms and MP3s....losts and lots of MP3s...but anyways.....Dork is too harsh of a word. I think nerd is more softer and a better description =]

I was thinking about getting a MINI as a commuter car and played with the flash heavy website for a bit until my friend introduced me to the Fit. About the same fuel economy but bigger and more versatile inside, I'll be waiting for the next generation. As soon as I'm ready for a convertible, I'll be eyeing the MINI again.

Wow, unlike others, at least your newbie ass posted your introduction in the right forum :p Hope you get better!!!

Snap Fit 12-07-2007 11:11 PM

OOOPs forgot my cars description! How embarrassing!

It is a Sport MT NHBP (my fav) bone stock at the moment, and just passed the break in period, and therefore havin just a bit more fun with it. But it hurts to drive for more than fifteen minutes. Not the cars fault, Im still healing.
I do indeed plan on messing with the aesthetics, and maybe a bit on performance, but I need it to be a realatively civil fun/commuter. I have to admit though that in sport trim it looks nicely modded straight from the factory, maybe more so than the average 4door. A mugen version similar to the Mugen Si 08 civic would sex things up nicely as well. I think it would sell well. Um... I mean I would have bought one I think, errr... maybe.
I only wish Honda would have introduced this car to the US sooner, I think its not only a positive trend but a lasting one as well.

TOOL 12-08-2007 01:00 PM

Congratz on the Fit man!!
Welcome to FitFreak.net

Tyler

Zangoose GD3 Blue 12-10-2007 12:58 AM

welcome to fitfreak.net dude... congratz on ur new car :D

Snap Fit 12-10-2007 03:11 AM

Thanks people I'm really diggin it. I am really enjoying reading these forums.

Snap Fit 12-22-2007 06:54 PM

I shall use this post to talk to myself.....

Hi self!

How are you?

Are you feeling better?

whats the weather like today?

I heard you need to wash you Fit. Is this true?

kenchan 12-22-2007 07:31 PM

wats up snapfit!

good to hear a minicooper enthusiast as yourself is enjoying the
FitSport 5MT. im having a blast with mine. i didn't think i would
enjoy this car as much as i am right now... and i own a modded R53,
so know wat fun hatches are all about. :D

revs to 9 12-22-2007 08:11 PM

welcome to the forum. it seems you have an abundance of humor which is always appreciated. this is a good place to spend time when you get bored. loads of information and pictures for you to soak in while you debate modifactions. good luck with the recovery.

Snap Fit 12-22-2007 09:19 PM

Hi kenchan and thanks revs to 9

and now back to my previously scheduled conversation...

Right back at ya Self

Im doing ok, I have been better and worse...

Not feeling much better but... what doesnt kill you only makes you more bitter... right? you know...

The weather is a bit on the pink an tinkly quite frankly. I could show you how cold just look in the mirror at the developing stalactite in your right nostril.

Yes indeed I have been told to wash my Fit, (you should really check "your" spelling) However I was told that abruptly after washing it! "NHBP"
nuff said!

HapaLynai 12-22-2007 10:01 PM

What a unique name and avatar........please explain *holds the microphone towards Snap Fit*

Snap Fit 12-23-2007 01:29 AM

It all started back on the farm...

Originally Posted by HapaLynai (Post 210216)
What a unique name and avatar........please explain *holds the microphone towards Snap Fit*

Im an SFX model maker and sculpter (a "snap fit" model is a type of low end no glue needed thingy, The car Fits me so well that my equipment and I snap right in, I snapped up the car as soon as the Insurance gave me the money for my other totaled car cuz who knows when my case will be settled, the steering and feeling of the car is snappy, and if I drive it like all the vehicles I have owned previously something is likely to snap in half...I know they are all a stretch but still....work with me here ppl...I also do alot of photography so I "snap" alot and last but not least AHHHH SNAP! MY CAR IS tiny SEXY!!!)

The avitar is a pic of a Fit snaping together like a make shift puzzle piece, and the red is for that ever overindulged Notan effect.

GOLLY GEEE I'M SUCH A HAM!!!

"hands the mic back"

solbrothers 12-23-2007 01:48 AM

welcome!! pix of your fit!!

and add me on myspace :P

Snap Fit 12-23-2007 03:02 AM

Pics will be a comming....

Just as soon as I post the pics for the Huntington meet a week ago. (ok thats a blatant lie, but it will be soonish)

Then we will all bask in the glory that is my incredibly bone stock dirty Fit...
I just bet you are all on pins and needles...arntcha? Few people have ever seen a Stock NHBP FS in the wild (or in the buff for that matter)

I will be sure to use a super duuper long telephoto as to not disturb the wild Fit in its native habitat on the Serensepulveda...

revs to 9 12-23-2007 03:28 AM

be sure to keep a safe distance. with your recent injury i would hate for the fit to pounce on you and cause further problems. you might try feeding it a carrot or something to temporarily distract it.

Snap Fit 12-23-2007 07:14 PM

Fantastic

Originally Posted by revs to 9 (Post 210331)
be sure to keep a safe distance. with your recent injury i would hate for the fit to pounce on you and cause further problems. you might try feeding it a carrot or something to temporarily distract it.

Thats BRILLIANT!!!

And here I thought I would just catch it while it was asleep!!!
What a fool am I...

revs to 9 12-25-2007 03:13 AM

lol. i know from experience.....

cojaro 12-25-2007 06:32 AM

NBP is so hard to clean and keep clean, but it's all worth it when I see mine "so fresh 'm' so clean". Ever notice the blue metallic flakes in the paint? MMM love it.

Snap Fit 12-25-2007 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by cojaro (Post 211213)
NBP is so hard to clean and keep clean, but it's all worth it when I see mine "so fresh 'm' so clean". Ever notice the blue metallic flakes in the paint? MMM love it.

Blue flakes WHUUUUUAAAA?
j/K
pretty much why I picked the NHBP
my 01 civic was also NHBP but it had a teeny bit more red and green flakes in it.
Im sooo close to posting pics but my last attempt didnt post!
I think Image Shack is picky on the size or if you posted more than once a day...."sigh"
just as good though as the "WILD BEAST"... as to be expected seems to be out on a kill.

Snap Fit 12-30-2007 05:02 PM

ooooooNOoooooooo!!!!

I am starting to fall for the Sport rims....
they are looking better everyday! CRAP! And I really wanted the actuall black spoon or bronze CE28's !!!
The darn animal is looking better everyday...
and it bit me the other day when I was measuring the wheel gap! WTF!!! Honda Fit -FEROCIOUS BEAST! SAVAGELY FIERCE! ANKLE BITER!!!
how's that for a 5sec tv spot!?