3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Registered to share my story.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Registered to share my story.

I registered to share my story with a new Fit 2015 EX...and maybe just to let steam get out a bit.
Brand new, took me 2 weeks to use the rear doors to find out that maybe they were back-order on grease when they assembled, but only 1 to find out that the front right window near the mirror is not properly installed. Lucky it wasn't winter. 2 months after, I close the back door (without smashing) molding falls in the parking. No big deal, but I notice that the door paint underneath is not complete were the bolt is screwed...Rear wiper ( I took care of it in winter) did not reach the year use...neither did one of the engine holder (not sure the word in english) noisy when starting but would stop above 40km/h. I will not talk about the squeaking clutch pedal or the fact that the alphabet is...M N O P D R S on the system. I am french. Maybe it's normal.
Other than that, car runs well, cheap on gas. I guess the first year of assembly in Mexico was not the best.

Last edited by BoBara; 08-11-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator
sorry to hear your problems. this was true for 1st production runs for the 2015. you have a 2nd year production model. may i ask does your VIN start with a 3H or J?

Old 08-11-2016, 07:53 PM
From North

Hi, just registered to share a few frustrating experiences I had with my new Fit 2016.
I've owned a Fit 2008 (?, the first year they sold it!) made in Japan, 2012 made in China and now a 2016 made in Mexico.
I also owned Honda Civics since 1998 and still am with a 2014.
Was quite surprise by the poor build from my last purchase compare to the almost perfect cars I bought from Honda since 98.
I am still overall satisfied the mechanic is running great and the car is cheap on gas, but I wanted to share so new users are not surprised.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:00 PM
3H. I said 2016, but it is actually a 2015...post corrected, thanks.
Overall, no big deal. Only the engine support. But all being fixed, no cost.
No update on the entertainment system is strange. There is another bug somewhere I don't remember by heart. Could be so easy to fix and install.
I'm just stunned by the poor quality of this build (not the mechanics).
PS: fuel consumption: between 39 and 45 mpg.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator
no need to make a separate thread for this. merging with your other thread.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by BoBara
I guess the first year of assembly in Mexico was not the best.
I think you're wrong. My car has none of your issues. It's the best car I've ever owned.

I'm curious to know, do you have a lot of broken items around your house?

Old 08-12-2016, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit_as_a_butchers_dog
I think you're wrong. My car has none of your issues. It's the best car I've ever owned.

I'm curious to know, do you have a lot of broken items around your house?
Our 2015 may go down as one of the best cars we've ever owned....possibly my last chance at owning a manual, the way of everything going toward automatic/autonomous BS.... my ONLY gripe with the car, and it doesn't affect me all that often as most of my driving is around town and out in the mountains, is that 6th gear should be geared a lot more towards mpg. Beings as a shift from 5th to 6th drops you a only few hundred rpm, what's the point? The car itself is awesome, and I HIGHLY recommend the Progress rear anti-sway bar....easy peasy install and worth every penny

Old 08-12-2016, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
Also own an early Mexican car, and it's been as close to flawless as I could have hoped.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Well I am happy to hear that I may be the only one who got the friday afternoon built! I was surprised to have all these little annoying issues and wanted to share in case others may have.
I agree for the 6th gear. The best characteristic : easy on fuel...and space.
Sorry I may misunderstand the question of many broken items around the house. Regardless, the answer is no. When it breaks, you need to fix. Especially a car. Maintenance is done regularly at the dealer.
Like I said, owned only Honda since 1998. The above are not a reason to change, but question for you, you have a lot of things around the house you buy a couple of tenth of thousands of dollars and needs to be brought back to the manufacturer a couple of times within the first 9 months?
Just curious.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BoBara
Well I am happy to hear that I may be the only one who got the friday afternoon built! I was surprised to have all these little annoying issues and wanted to share in case others may have.
I agree for the 6th gear. The best characteristic : easy on fuel...and space.
Sorry I may misunderstand the question of many broken items around the house. Regardless, the answer is no. When it breaks, you need to fix. Especially a car. Maintenance is done regularly at the dealer.
Like I said, owned only Honda since 1998. The above are not a reason to change, but question for you, you have a lot of things around the house you buy a couple of tenth of thousands of dollars and needs to be brought back to the manufacturer a couple of times within the first 9 months?
Just curious.
You have to understand that this forum is populated by rabid Honda fanboys in whose eyes Honda can do no wrong.

For the record, my '15 Fit has spent more days in the shop in the first 18 months I've owned it than any car I've had. It's numerous issues have been described in other threads and I won't recap them here. Latest issue is that the "push button" starter malfunctions and won't start the car about every 4th try. The dealer has seen it but has no idea what's causing it or how to fix it, so I'm not optimistic.

I've never had a car I liked so much and at the same time been so disappointed in.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
You have to understand that this forum is populated by rabid Honda fanboys in whose eyes Honda can do no wrong.

For the record, my '15 Fit has spent more days in the shop in the first 18 months I've owned it than any car I've had. It's numerous issues have been described in other threads and I won't recap them here. Latest issue is that the "push button" starter malfunctions and won't start the car about every 4th try. The dealer has seen it but has no idea what's causing it or how to fix it, so I'm not optimistic.

I've never had a car I liked so much and at the same time been so disappointed in.
Go lemon law if not fixable. Get a new FIT w/o this option.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:11 PM
Uncle Gary, I'm curious to know, do you plan to unload the car when the warranty expires?

I admire your patience. I probably would have traded it in for something else and taken the financial hit just to get rid of it. I'm fortunate that my Fit has been problem free.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i think all the b-quality cars go to canada. haha

Old 08-17-2016, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bob Levine
Go lemon law if not fixable. Get a new FIT w/o this option.
Time will tell if it can be fixed or not. Meanwhile I'm afraid to drive the car anywhere for fear that one of these times it won't start at all. It's definitely getting worse (more frequent) over time.

Not sure what I'd replace this car with if I had to. A new Fit won't happen because I can't get a manual transmission anymore and I don't want "rubber band" drive.

It's a sad day, indeed, when my 23 year old Harley-Davidson is proving more dependable than a nearly new Honda.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:34 PM
jhn
I'm a Honda fan boy, but that wouldn't stop me from saying the car sucks.

Mine is Mexican made and it just doesn't suck. I like it. I've had no issues. Honest, I'd say if I did.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not a fanboy, this is our first Honda ever....bought it used, perhaps all the kinks were worked out between previous owner and the dealer....if I love a car, I love a car, pledge allegiance to no automaker. says I

Old 08-17-2016, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Fuelish
....if I love a car, I love a car, pledge allegiance to no automaker. says I

Old 08-18-2016, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
...A new Fit won't happen because I can't get a manual transmission anymore and I don't want "rubber band" drive...
Not quite true. Honda has not said it will end Fit manual transmissions. In fact a couple of weeks ago someone from Quebec received delivery of a 2016 manual Fit. The new 2017 Honda Civic hatch is also offered in manual.

I do agree that Honda seems very grudging in allowing us to buy manual transmission Fits, and hope that they get their act together very soon. I love the design but supply has been a travesty.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Not quite true. Honda has not said it will end Fit manual transmissions. In fact a couple of weeks ago someone from Quebec received delivery of a 2016 manual Fit. The new 2017 Honda Civic hatch is also offered in manual.

I do agree that Honda seems very grudging in allowing us to buy manual transmission Fits, and hope that they get their act together very soon. I love the design but supply has been a travesty.
Remember that the US and Canada are different markets as far as Honda is concerned. Yes, technically, manual transmissions are still "available" in the US market, but, since there are almost none on the ground and apparently almost none in transit, "technical availability" doesn't mean a lot.

Just out of curiosity, has anybody in the US seen a "J vin" manual transmission Fit?

Old 08-18-2016, 11:43 PM
So grateful I got my 2015 manual Fit when I did. It's such a great little snicky transmission. Running through the gears in the city is the best fun.

A damn shame they're not readily available in 2016. The Honda dealer I bought mine from has 35 Fit, not one manual transmission.

Quick Reply: Registered to share my story.