Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New '17 Aegean Blue LX 5MT Owner from NYC

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 11:37 AM
New '17 Aegean Blue LX 5MT Owner from NYC

Hey all,

My wife and I bought a brand new Aegean Blue LX stick shift for her errands around town and to help me reduce the wear and tear of my DD. Originally, I thought I might use the Fit once or twice a week but after driving it, I just might have to use it more and let my wife pick up our kid and do groceries in the Porsche. Plus, I have to worry less about Manhattan cyclists, nutty cab drivers, dingbats and greasy overweight parking valets.

It really is a fantastic car....especially the combination of its nimble handling and its tidy size. It reminds me of driving the old 4-pot Hondas from the 80s/90s. And the large cargo room and the excellent build quality are just gravy. For $16k, its a pretty amazing car.

Both my wife and I are a bit of gearheads and intend on modding the fit based on comfort, convenience and looks. She already hard wired the dash cam, installed the door visors and mud flaps, and got some outrageously expensive OEM rear seat covers. She did get a very nice looking Honda pleather steering wheel cover for $10.

On its way are some juicy bits like a Tanabe Medalion exhaust, shiny mew alloys (Motegi mr132) and lower profile wheels. The OEM steelies will be for winter. We'd love to get our windows tinted but, NYS now requires inspection stations to have a light filter detector so any cars with tinted windows of 70% or less will not pass. Pretty raw. We are not sure how to handle this except to tint our own windows... every year....or not get tint at all. Sucks...

Later, we'll install an anti-roll bar and my wife is eyeing some shift knobs, lips and body skirts on eBay. We're debating to upgrade the stereo but we're not quite sure in what way. At the minimum, the OEM speakers has to go. We hate them. A lot.

My biggest concern is all our mods weighing the car down. We'd like to keep the weight off cos now, the car is a riot to drive and the acceleration is just fine. So I hope to have no more than 25lbs worth of mods over a factory LX. We'll see....

Attached are some pics of our new baby after its first detail, before any mods.

Looking forward to learning more on this great forum...thanks!

Attached Images           
Old 04-17-2017, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator
welcome. TrueFitCrew North East is holding some events. You are welcome to join us if you want.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forums. The Fit is a great choice for a city car.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
welcome. TrueFitCrew North East is holding some events. You are welcome to join us if you want.
thanks! we'll def check out your fb page!

Old 04-17-2017, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Welcome to the forums. The Fit is a great choice for a city car.
Thanks!

Without any doubt. Great car for weaving in and out traffic and I get a kick out of revving the engine and rowing through the gears when theres some space.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome that your wife is getting into the fun too. Post up some pictures of your mods when you get a chance.

Oh and btw, it's a 6 speed MT :P

Old 04-18-2017, 06:32 PM
Awesome that your wife is getting into the fun too. Post up some pictures of your mods when you get a chance.

Oh and btw, it's a 6 speed MT :P
Haha...must have been waxing nostalgic about the hondas and integras from the 90s when i started this post.

Yea, wifey likes cars and I like cars. And she likes fixing things. Its great! Except today, neither one us couldn't get the stock muffler off the rubber housings. Must get heavy pry tool.

Post mod pics will be on the way ...

Old 04-18-2017, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Try some dish soap on the metal hanger and rubber grommet. I was able to do mine with that and just a screwdriver.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:54 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
thats cool dat u and ur wife can both enjoy tinkering with the car.

my wife has ZERO interest in cars.. which for me is fine cause i dont need to share my cars. haha

Old 04-19-2017, 09:07 PM
Try some dish soap on the metal hanger and rubber grommet. I was able to do mine with that and just a screwdriver.
That did the trick .... tho we used wd40. Got our Tanabe exhaust on...thanks for the tip!

Old 04-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
thats cool dat u and ur wife can both enjoy tinkering with the car.

my wife has ZERO interest in cars.. which for me is fine cause i dont need to share my cars. haha
Haha ... i was like you until i drove her Fit. Then I HAD to let her share my car!