Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-freak-newbie-faqs/)
-   -   Thinking of buying a Fit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-freak-newbie-faqs/98409-thinking-buying-fit.html)

lazerr 06-25-2018 03:12 PM

Thinking of buying a Fit

Hi:
I've wanted a Fit for a long time. They just seem like fun cars. I have a Toyota Prius and a SAAB Classic 900 currently. My hope is to give the Prius to my daughter and buy a manual EX, Cobalt Blue, New.

Hi and any thoughts are welcome

kenchan 06-25-2018 03:30 PM

MT + Fit sounds like a plan!

Alfa38 07-03-2018 12:03 AM

Just do it. We picked up an ‘11 Sport manual today. Fun to drive, and very versatile with the rear magic seats.

Nord-Est 07-03-2018 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Alfa38 (Post 1404330)
Just do it. We picked up an ‘11 Sport manual today. Fun to drive, and very versatile with the rear magic seats.

Totally agree about the seats and the space in general is just unreal. I'm 5'7" and the legroom behind my seat (2018) for the rear passenger is incredible. Easily enough for a 6'3" passenger. And of course the compromise is that it encroaches a bit on the rear cargo area but not nearly as much as I would have expected. Just a really amazing feat of engineering.

MoonTzu 07-26-2018 05:33 PM

I'd fantasy shopped the Honda Fit since the first generation, because they just seemed so cool. And now, I'll actually be getting one tomorrow!

lazerr 07-27-2018 08:35 AM

I took the plunge and Now own a Fit EX, 2018, manual, Aegean Blue Metallic. So far it is a blast to own. Already used it for an excursion, added a bike rack and now I'm planning a caming trip (I have a tent that hooks up to the hatch).

kenchan 07-27-2018 08:38 AM

nice!! congrats. nice color choice nice tranny choice.

Nord-Est 07-27-2018 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by lazerr (Post 1407376)
I took the plunge and Now own a Fit EX, 2018, manual, Aegean Blue Metallic. So far it is a blast to own. Already used it for an excursion, added a bike rack and now I'm planning a caming trip (I have a tent that hooks up to the hatch).

I got the same car! Cool.

Be careful with the bike rack if it's a trunk/hatch style. The plastic spoiler is not designed to hold the weight of the straps. Working at a bike shop for 7 years I saw multiple instances of failure. It is very dangerous and even if there is no one behind if it fails, ain't no one gonna be paying for the destroyed bikes or spoiler but yourself. Just a general PSA; If it's a hitch rack then you're good to go! Enjoy!

lazerr 07-27-2018 09:46 AM

The tent is the "Sportz Dome-to-Go Vehicle Tent" for hatchback vehicles. It's great during the night as I can keep all my gear up in the car but have it easily accessible. In the morning it is easy to disconnect and drive away, leaving the tent free standing. It can also be setup without the car.

The Trailer hitch is . . It was easy to install and no cutting or drilling. Very sturdy.

The bike rack is Swagman Chinook Hitch Bike Rack. I got this one because it allows the bike to be placed in the tire holders and one quick bar secures the Bikes (2). What I also like is that it locks. Take about 2 minutes to place my bike on the rack and drive away. When not using a bike it folds right up, making it easy to leave it on the car for daily biking. It comes right off as well for when I don't want the bike rack on there.

jackle0001 09-06-2018 11:45 AM

I own a 2015 Fit EX, my wife complains about the road noise but other than and the low middle arm rest(that can be remedied by aftermarket addon for under 20$) I love the cars space, versatility and look from an angle. The size is perfect for getting in tight spaces and its just fun to drive.

staccyyh 10-11-2018 03:25 PM

I love my Fix, but to be honest, I recommend you to buy another car. My Honda Fit has been giving a lot of troubles during the past three years. The low tire pressure light keeps going on when there is nothing wrong with my tires.