Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New Fit Owner (2007 with 37k miles)

Old 08-09-2018, 12:15 AM
New Fit Owner (2007 with 37k miles)

Hey all,

i just bought a 2007 Honda Fit Sport with 37,000 miles (PO rode the bus to work and also worked from home). Downsides are the car is automatic and has faded red paint. This will be a daily driver for me so the automatic isn’t horrible and hopefully I can get the paint restored. I picked it up for $3500 (hopefully that was a good price) Are there any JDM exterior parts for the Fit?

Old 08-09-2018, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome!! That sounds like a great price to me given the miles! It has lots of life left in it. Was the maintenance done regularly?

Old 08-09-2018, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rannd
Hey all,

i just bought a 2007 Honda Fit Sport with 37,000 miles (PO rode the bus to work and also worked from home). Downsides are the car is automatic and has faded red paint. This will be a daily driver for me so the automatic isn’t horrible and hopefully I can get the paint restored. I picked it up for $3500 (hopefully that was a good price) Are there any JDM exterior parts for the Fit?
Congrats on the super low mileage for a smoking good price. Before slapping stuff on the exterior, you ought to run it by a professional detail facility. I'm not talking about what most of us do in our garages when we are obsessive compulsive about a wax job... There are places that flat out work miracles on paint. I added a local detail shop on Facebook just to see the miracles they pull off.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by GolNat
Welcome!! That sounds like a great price to me given the miles! It has lots of life left in it. Was the maintenance done regularly?
Yup! But I don't believe the timing belt and water pump have been touched which is no big deal. Do you think the valve timing should be done due to age?

Originally Posted by CyclingFit
Congrats on the super low mileage for a smoking good price. Before slapping stuff on the exterior, you ought to run it by a professional detail facility. I'm not talking about what most of us do in our garages when we are obsessive compulsive about a wax job... There are places that flat out work miracles on paint. I added a local detail shop on Facebook just to see the miracles they pull off.
Oh I will be, I have a friend who owns one of the best detail shops in the area. I was just curious about JDM exterior parts because I'll probably replace the front grill if it can't be restored. Probably cheap to replace anyways.

Here are two pictures of the exterior:

Old 08-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Anyone know why my posts have be approved before they post? I mean, I understand spam control but come on.. Edit: looks like I don't need approval now

Also, if I could get approved to the Fit Freak facebook group that would be awesome

Old 08-09-2018, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone know why my posts have be approved before they post? I mean, I understand spam control but come on.. Edit: looks like I don't need approval now

Also, if I could get approved to the Fit Freak facebook group that would be awesome

theres a fit freak fb group? LINK ME please

Old 08-09-2018, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Yup! But I don't believe the timing belt and water pump have been touched which is no big deal. Do you think the valve timing should be done due to age?
Has a timing chain so don't worry about it.

I would't worry about the valves but that's me.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
theres a fit freak fb group? LINK ME please
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitfreak/

Old 08-10-2018, 12:51 PM
You stole it dude!

Hey all,

I mean, I didn't do the Kelly Blue Book on your car or anything, but, $3500 for a fit with 37,000, and you drove it home. Nice.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:16 AM
Wow.. great price with extremely low miles..

Old 08-15-2018, 09:35 AM
Do you guys recommend any specific mods right away? I'm talking appearance/comfort mods... like I'm definitely getting window tint for one haha. I drive usually 30-40 minutes to work each way into the city.

Window Tint
Double DIN stereo
Backup Camera
WeatherTech floor mats

Did Honda make any type of OEM extended arm rest? Which Honda seats can be swapped into the Fit? Did they make different JDM headlights or taillights for the Fit?

Last edited by Rannd; 08-15-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Do you guys recommend any specific mods right away? I'm talking appearance/comfort mods... like I'm definitely getting window tint for one haha. I drive usually 30-40 minutes to work each way into the city.

Window Tint
Double DIN stereo
Backup Camera
WeatherTech floor mats

Did Honda make any type of OEM extended arm rest? Which Honda seats can be swapped into the Fit? Did they make different JDM headlights or taillights for the Fit?
you can use my mod list to help brain storm

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1399083

perhaps one of the gd owners can chime in on the arm rest. as far as seats go , I'm listening for answers .... I'd love to swap in seats from an sk2 or an rsx or something, into my car as well