Fit I.C.E. Threads discussing in-car electronics including audio, video, security, and navigation systems for the Honda Fit/Jazz

How to fit your Scosche Kit properly, OMG IT FITS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
How to fit your Scosche Kit properly, OMG IT FITS!

This write up is for fixing some `errors` that are on the Scosche kit for the Honda Fit.

Currently the Kit vs the OEM is that the bottom most mounting points are too long, and don't allow the middle mounts to attach to the AC unit properly, and don't allow your knobs to fully attach to the AC control unit. Proper installation should make the knobs `snap` into place.

Now the modification process so it fits properly.

If you brake your new scosche kit, be warned, i am not responsible for any one elses actions, you have your own actions to pay for. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself, have someone you can trust do it for you.

Anyways,

Tools needed are:
1. Your Scosche Kit (don't use someone elses without permission)
2. Dremel tool with cutting blade
3. Electrical tape for masking (any other masking tape will do)
4. a steady hand

First start by masking all the sticky plastic areas, the dremel will be shooting around nasty little plastic pieces, and i'm sure you don't want this stuff stuck to your kit for life.

The cuts will take place on these lines.

After it's cut peel all the excess off, since it's all burned surface.

Continue to sand it down with the not so cutting side of the blade (the top part of the blade, not the sides) and sand it smooth.

Peel off any excess, and rescrew the holes, no need to drill them, when sanding, you covered up the original holes with some melted plastic, it's very thin and very easy to break through.

Looks very clean, and well done, and this fits VERY well, almost like OEM, it is a little tight on one of the sides, due to it hitting against one of left stands, cause it's just the way the kit is.

This was repackaged, for anyone wanting to buy a properly cut piece. I'll install this for who ever lives near me =D

This is i think why i purchased 2 of the boxes... I'm still looking through my notes and I think i had a good reason for buying two back in April...

Last edited by CuTeBoi; 06-27-2007 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the great information! this is very helpful to anyone who runs into the same problem...

Old 06-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I didn't have this problem with my kit. Hopefully not everyone will have to do this mod.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
Post some pics?

Old 07-08-2007, 01:56 AM
I went to install my old school Excelon 715 and went to put in the HVAC controls and I am going to have to do som cutting tommorow, I am a little disappointed...

Old 07-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Got it installed there are some fitment problems and the labels are the wrong color.
The uppermost right corner does not fit well, and it does not fit flush along the left side, I put on the OEM clips on the top but not the left, i'll have to take it back out and work on it.
I need to fix other things as well and since i know what i am doing now i should be able to get it done this weekend.
GRRRR i also cut the posts a bit short, but some washers will fix that, I left the alignment pins and only trimmed down the screw posts.

Last edited by LegoZ; 07-10-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I installed my deck on Thursday but noticed fitiment problems by the hvac. I just finished taking it out and trimming the posts down about 3 mm as suggested, it fit a bunch better but overall the scosche kit fitament isn't that great.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by smatts
I installed my deck on Thursday but noticed fitiment problems by the hvac. I just finished taking it out and trimming the posts down about 3 mm as suggested, it fit a bunch better but overall the scosche kit fitament isn't that great.
Have they seriously not fixed this problem yet?!?!?!?!
When did you order this kit and receive it?

Old 02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Metra kit is the only way to go...

Old 02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by LegoZ
Have they seriously not fixed this problem yet?!?!?!?!
When did you order this kit and receive it?
Ordered it in January and received it last week. The two pillars at the bottom of the HVAC controls need to get trimmed. Also the clips it comes with aren't the greatest as the deck doesn't want to stay "plugged in" all the way. I think I'm gonna have to switch the stock clips in for the ones that came with the scosche. Also I'm going ot have to shorten the radio harness because I think it's too long and might be getting in the way in the back.

Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
Metra kit is the only way to go...
I don't like the looks of the metra kit.

Last edited by smatts; 02-04-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
Is it possible to have this stickied?

more and more people are getting the scosche kit, and this was never fixed...

Old 09-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Is it seriously not fixed ... I was just looking at ordering one.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
They claim to have fixed it, someone else said that companies selling their stock may have some mixed in with the old stock.

Not like scosche made a recall, that would have been too nice. But another thread popped up about fitment issues from bestbuy, they normally sell Metra kits, but I guess they use what ever is cheaper. Not like they give the customer a real choice, you ask for the head unit to install, they just install it with the dash kit they have in stock.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
I purchased a the Scosche kit a month or two ago and the bottom was just fine (no problems like the original poster)

My problem with the kit was the top right corner which wouldn't stay flush with the dash...

So i took about 3 feet of heavy speaker wire, put a ring terminal at each end

Then i attached one end to the top screw on the backside of the kit that holds the right bracket for the radio, fished it through, and then when the radio and kit were in place, pulled the other end of the wire and secured it to the sub dash with a metal screw.... so this wire is actually pulling the kit in/flush.....

Old 09-20-2008, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
most people just replace that portion of the dash kit with the OEM clips, and it holds in just fine.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
most people just replace that portion of the dash kit with the OEM clips, and it holds in just fine.
I lost/bent half of my clips when I removed the stock dash and I'm having the fitment problem with the Scosche kit on the top right. I'd love to use OEM clips all around but like I said, don't have them.

Are there any places that sell the OEM clips?

Old 10-14-2008, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RandomSkratch
I lost/bent half of my clips when I removed the stock dash and I'm having the fitment problem with the Scosche kit on the top right. I'd love to use OEM clips all around but like I said, don't have them.

Are there any places that sell the OEM clips?

Honda Dealership for maybe 10cents each?

Old 10-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I just got my kit from Scosche this week. They just did the same cutting showed in this thread.

The price was good $63.39 shipped with wire harness and ant extender.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 AM
use Metra, the installer preferred one not the retail one, more money for sure, but exactly as the OEM; and the quality is way better.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
does anyone have pics of theres installed?

cause i cant seem to get mine to fit properly

Quick Reply: How to fit your Scosche Kit properly, OMG IT FITS!