Fit I.C.E. Threads discussing in-car electronics including audio, video, security, and navigation systems for the Honda Fit/Jazz

Replacing stock speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by suomi
Hey guys,
for last 7 years I have been driving Jazz, this is my second Jazz, as children sits in the rear, in Finland my both Jazz came without speakers, and when I open the door panel, the Holes are blocked with Styrofoam (I can upload pic).

Anyways ,coming to the topic, I tried to install in my old honda 2006 and Now my current 2008 I am trying to install rear speakers, But why After market speakers does not sound as good as the Factory installed?
I know many or almost all, does not agree with me, but I tried 2 way and 3 ways speakers from Pioneer to Rockford, Sony Xplod, Renegade, Alpine and Kenwood. but NONE gives as good bass as my factory installed front speakers.

what are the watts for fit/jazz rear speakers for Factory installed Stereo?
if I want to buy new one,

OR where to buy factory original speaker (Not Aftermarket)
if the suggested speaker I try and if I not like it, I really would like to have original speakers but if I can get the same loud, clear and bass sound as my original speakers, I would go to OEM.

please suggest guys,

thank you very much in advance.
The reason you aren't getting much base out of aftermarket speakers is because of the power, or mostly lack of power, coming from your stock head unit. Even the most basic model of aftermarket speaker is typically around 35-50 watts RMS, where the stock head unit is pushing out maybe 15 watts. I've got a 2007 Fit and the first thing I did was take out the stock stereo/speakers and replace with units that provided more power. If you want more pop from rear speakers and keep your stock head unit, then you will need to find stock speakers to put in the rears. If you really want better sound quality you are better of upgrading the whole system. Get your RMS wattage up (I highly suggest an amp, even a small unit that'll give you 45-50 watts RMS per channel) and put in some speakers that operate at 50 watts RMS and you are good to go!

Old 07-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by cnordt24
The reason you aren't getting much base out of aftermarket speakers is because of the power, or mostly lack of power, coming from your stock head unit. Even the most basic model of aftermarket speaker is typically around 35-50 watts RMS, where the stock head unit is pushing out maybe 15 watts. I've got a 2007 Fit and the first thing I did was take out the stock stereo/speakers and replace with units that provided more power. If you want more pop from rear speakers and keep your stock head unit, then you will need to find stock speakers to put in the rears. If you really want better sound quality you are better of upgrading the whole system. Get your RMS wattage up (I highly suggest an amp, even a small unit that'll give you 45-50 watts RMS per channel) and put in some speakers that operate at 50 watts RMS and you are good to go!
Thank you cnordt24

I am going to upgrade all 4 speakers, amp and sub, also the head unit, Android. Hope this will sound better.

Thanks once again.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by suomi
Thank you cnordt24

I am going to upgrade all 4 speakers, amp and sub, also the head unit, Android. Hope this will sound better.

Thanks once again.
It absolutely should, just watch your RMS out put. Don't buy some 1000 watt amp and use it with 50 rms speakers, they will blow out super quick. If you have any questions about equipment feel free to ask ;-)