Fit I.C.E. Threads discussing in-car electronics including audio, video, security, and navigation systems for the Honda Fit/Jazz

Installing New Components in GE8 Sport - No Signal/Sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Installing New Components in GE8 Sport - No Signal/Sound

Just like the title says, I'm replacing the stock front speakers and tweeters with some Infinity components. I cut off the factory wiring harness from the front stock speakers and used those wires to wire directly into the new Infinity....but....no sound/signal. Any idea why this would be? We tried re-connecting them mutiple times and made sure we had a good connection and everything. Hmmmm.....?

Old 03-30-2014, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
And you're sure they were working with the old speakers?

Are you plugging into the component module or directly into the speakers? Did you try swapping the +/- wires?

Old 03-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
And you're sure they were working with the old speakers?

Are you plugging into the component module or directly into the speakers? Did you try swapping the +/- wires?
Yep they were working before we cut them.

At first we tried wiring them directly (so I would at least have speakers for the time being, as we didnt have any thing to mount the crossovers with at the time): no signal/sound. Then we tried wiring them with the crossover just to see if for some reason they needed to have the crossover in part of the equation in order to recieve signal: still no signal/sound. So we thought maybe the crossovers and the speakers were bad, so we wired the tweeters into the crossover to see if those would produce any sound: the tweeters had signal/sound, but still nothing coming from the speakers....???

Honestly, we didn't try swapping the wires, but we did follow hondas wiring guide for as to which one was + and -. And my brother, who is helping me and has put component speakers in a couple cars before and has a pretty good idea of what he's doing, said they even if the + and - were wired opposite, that you should still get some sort of signal/sound coming from the speakers, but that it just wouldn't sound good and maybe sound weird.

Hmmmmmm...?

Old 03-30-2014, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
I just thought maybe some brands implemented a one-way diode or something to avoid issues with reversed wiring.

Try reattaching the old speakers and see if they get anything

Old 03-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator
maybe u got a bad set. plug in old speakers see if they work. take ur infinitys and plug them into a mini-system or hts at home.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
maybe u got a bad set. plug in old speakers see if they work. take ur infinitys and plug them into a mini-system or hts at home.
Sooooo the only issue with plugging in the old speakers again is that cease to exist now haha we did the "mod" where you take apart (or destroy, which ever you prefer) the stock speakers and use their attached mounting brackets to mount the new speakers, which worked really well.

Thats a good idea to try with the mini-system or hts. I'll see if this works! Thanks!