Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit I.C.E. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-i-c-e/)
-   -   Audio Upgrade 2007 - 2008 (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-i-c-e/88095-audio-upgrade-2007-2008-a.html)

trevytrev1991 03-08-2015 10:30 PM

Audio Upgrade 2007 - 2008

Working on upgrading all of the cars audio system. Unfortunately this car is very weird as opposed to all the other Hondas i've owned. Even though there are some sweet forums with a lot of pictures it just doesn't give me enough confidence to take this on myself. Are there any videos of 07-08 installations for amps, subs, or head-units?

Desmond Lamar MacRae 03-09-2015 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by trevytrev1991 (Post 1296080)
Working on upgrading all of the cars audio system. Unfortunately this car is very weird as opposed to all the other Hondas i've owned. Even though there are some sweet forums with a lot of pictures it just doesn't give me enough confidence to take this on myself. Are there any videos of 07-08 installations for amps, subs, or head-units?

First go on different sites and write on paper the things you want. Then post us the list. I assume you want to add all the tech new cars have stock and more. This will keep you happy in this age of car. Get a double din deck with navi/usb/apple/android/bluetooth, then components up front, 2/3-way for back door and an 8/10" sub. Take your time then get back to this thread. We're all glad to help. 1st gens look good with updated audio. The cabin is soo small you dont need much amp to make things loud.

derykisonder 03-09-2015 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae (Post 1296115)
First go on different sites and write on paper the things you want. Then post us the list. I assume you want to add all the tech new cars have stock and more. This will keep you happy in this age of car. Get a double din deck with navi/usb/apple/android/bluetooth, then components up front, 2/3-way for back door and an 8/10" sub. Take your time then get back to this thread. We're all glad to help. 1st gens look good with updated audio. The cabin is soo small you dont need much amp to make things loud.

I'm debating if a sub is even worth it since the car has tweeters on the front and the rear coaxials usually come with tweeter anyway.

Phamtastic 03-09-2015 03:09 PM

I'm in the same shoes. Bought a single din headunit since none of the double din actually worth spending the money on and the extra DIN give me storage room.

Still not decided on whether or not to go with component speakers or not. ( i have the base model and i'm not sure on if there is even room for the tweeters )

derykisonder 03-09-2015 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Phamtastic (Post 1296180)
I'm in the same shoes. Bought a single din headunit since none of the double din actually worth spending the money on and the extra DIN give me storage room.

Still not decided on whether or not to go with component speakers or not. ( i have the base model and i'm not sure on if there is even room for the tweeters )

I'm pretty sure that there will be enough room for tweeters, you need to make a hole for it to fit if there isn't a hole on the door panel yet.

Desmond Lamar MacRae 03-09-2015 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by derykisonder (Post 1296118)
I'm debating if a sub is even worth it since the car has tweeters on the front and the rear coaxials usually come with tweeter anyway.

Explain on what tweeters have to do with the bottom end a sub covers? That absolutely made no sense...lol. BTW, the stock rear speakers aren't 2-way. They are full-range drivers.

Originally Posted by Phamtastic (Post 1296180)
So adding navi, bluetooth, usb, SiriusXM, etc to the base makes nothing worth the extra cost?

You DO know the tweeter spots are already there correct?

Originally Posted by derykisonder (Post 1296183)
I'm pretty sure that there will be enough room for tweeters, you need to make a hole for it to fit if there isn't a hole on the door panel yet.

Nope...

cnordt24 03-11-2015 07:29 PM

This all depending on which model Fit you have for starters.. The Sport has separate tweeters in the front doors, while the base version does not. No matter which version you have, the speakers are going to be shit and need to be replaced if you enjoy listening to clean, clear, and loud music. I was able to install 6 1/2 component speakers in the front and 5 1/4 components in the rear, just needed to cut some holes to get the tweeters mounted in the rear. With that being said, a subwoofer should be added just for a more dynamic sound. I have a 6 1/2 inch sub (JL Audio microsub w/ JL 300 watt mono amp) under my back seat so it doesn't take up any space in my trunk and I get plenty of base out of it. Hooking up a radio (single/double din) is pretty straight forward, with the correct wiring harnesses and dash kit it's pretty simple. The easiest amp to hook up for internal speakers is one of the compact units made by Alpine, Clarion, or Pioneer that fit behind the dash. They wire in to the radio's harness and save running extra wires to your trunk for an amp. They generate 50 watts per channel, and if you get good speakers that are around 50 watts RMS then you won't have any issues. Feel free to ask me any questions ;-)

trevytrev1991 03-11-2015 07:42 PM

Obviously stock speakers always suck i already replaced the fronts, i plan on keeping the amp w/ the sub because i plan on putting a lot of power into the sub itself. I don't think i'm going to use the amp to power the speakers just the sub, i'm just going to get a good H.U. to power the speakers. or so that's my plan does anyone have the site with the right dashboard for 08 fit sport, to change out the head unit? i was thinking crutchfield?

trevytrev1991 03-11-2015 07:47 PM

also i appreciate the feedback this is such an awesome community

cnordt24 03-11-2015 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by trevytrev1991 (Post 1296587)
Obviously stock speakers always suck i already replaced the fronts, i plan on keeping the amp w/ the sub because i plan on putting a lot of power into the sub itself. I don't think i'm going to use the amp to power the speakers just the sub, i'm just going to get a good H.U. to power the speakers. or so that's my plan does anyone have the site with the right dashboard for 08 fit sport, to change out the head unit? i was thinking crutchfield?

No problem, we're all here to help out each other. You can find the dash kit on ebay for about $20-$30, but I would go on crutchfield to make sure you get the right model. If you are going to purchase your radio through crutchfield, then they give you the dash kit, wiring harness, antenna adapter for free so it's definitely worth it. An aftermarket radio will give you more power to your speakers, but if you are going with aftermarket speakers you should amp them as well. You won't get the real effect of the speakers with just radio power. Do you know what kind of radio you want to go with or how much you are looking to spend?

trevytrev1991 03-11-2015 10:36 PM

Crutchfield sounds pretty legitimate, i'll probably go with them. As far as money goes, not sure i guess a hundred to a few hundred whatever seems reasonable. Also, i already replaced the front speakers with lower wattage Ken Wood speakers just to make the quality a bit better, what would you suggest for the back i believe they're kickers and 6 1/2 as well?

cnordt24 03-11-2015 10:48 PM

You should be able to get something decent from crutchfield with out spending a ton of money, especially if you get the dash and wiring kits for free. As for the back doors, I tried 6 1/2 but they were too big so I would say go with 5 1/4 to be on the safe side. Kickers are good, I also like alpine, pioneer, and Rockford. I actually use Focals, they are a little more expensive but definitely cleaner. As far as radios go, stick with alone, pioneer, or clarion.. I've had really good luck with all of those ;-)

Bogdan 03-12-2015 03:14 PM

what speakers would you recommend for a gd3 08 base fit. i have a pioneer fh-x700bt which definitely improved quality even of stock speakers, but i feel like a upgrade is due

Phamtastic 03-12-2015 03:23 PM

Sorry for stealing your thread but i'm in the same place and i feel like these guys are actively answering questions so i'm just going to piggy back of your thread. \

My base model GD3 fit doesn't have any tweeters holes precut (at least my dumbass can't find any on the dash or door. )

I bought the Pioneer MVHX560BT on amazon, does it come with "dash kit, wiring harness, antenna adapter" or do i have to buy that separately ?

i pay about $47 for the metra kit on ebay. It arrived with a broken bottom post and i'm currently waiting on the replacement.

cnordt24 03-12-2015 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bogdan (Post 1296746)
what speakers would you recommend for a gd3 08 base fit. i have a pioneer fh-x700bt which definitely improved quality even of stock speakers, but i feel like a upgrade is due

Anything aftermarket (Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, Rockford, Polk, etc) will be an upgrade over your stock speakers. What you need to look at is the RMS, if you are only powering the speakers with your headunit then you want something in the 35-50 watt RMS range. Anything more then that you won't have the power to really push the speaker magnet. I'm running Focals in my doors which are rated at 50 watts RMS using an Alpine amp that pushes 50 watts so my music is clean and clear.

cnordt24 03-12-2015 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Phamtastic (Post 1296748)
Sorry for stealing your thread but i'm in the same place and i feel like these guys are actively answering questions so i'm just going to piggy back of your thread. \

My base model GD3 fit doesn't have any tweeters holes precut (at least my dumbass can't find any on the dash or door. )

I bought the Pioneer MVHX560BT on amazon, does it come with "dash kit, wiring harness, antenna adapter" or do i have to buy that separately ?

i pay about $47 for the metra kit on ebay. It arrived with a broken bottom post and i'm currently waiting on the replacement.

No problem, i'm happy to help.. No, you are not going to have tweeter holes in your Fit base so if you want tweeters you will either have to drill big enough holes to flush-mount the tweeters or cut a big enough hole to run the speaker wire through and use double sided tape to mount the tweeter (which i've done in the past). You are correct, the wiring kit, antenna kit, and dash kit do not come with the radio unless specified by the company you bought the radio from (Crutchfield usually includes that stuff) so you will need to buy it from a local stereo shop or online. You will need the wiring harness specific to your car and hook that up with the wiring kit that came with your head unit. It's pretty straight forward until you gets amps involved. Hope this helped, feel free to ask me any other questions that come up ;-)

h8rsama 03-13-2015 08:24 PM

Hello there, im in the same situation BUT mine came with a totally different radio unit that ive seen all over this forums or ebay. I dont know what to do with it.

I was thinking on getting a 6-7" tablet and maybe set up a carcomputer or something but im worried about how the sound would be affected.

http://s2.postimg.org/c2p80a661/radio_fit.jpg

cnordt24 03-13-2015 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by h8rsama (Post 1296955)
Hello there, im in the same situation BUT mine came with a totally different radio unit that ive seen all over this forums or ebay. I dont know what to do with it.

I was thinking on getting a 6-7" tablet and maybe set up a carcomputer or something but im worried about how the sound would be affected.

http://s2.postimg.org/c2p80a661/radio_fit.jpg

Wow!! Now that I've never seen.. But to be honest, that's actually not a bad setup! It looks like a generic double din dash kit with a generic Honda single din radio and storage container. Get the dash kit pulled out so you can remove the radio and it looks like you can install which ever radio you want. Leave in the storage bin for a single din radio or pull out both for a double din radio, no need to hook up a tablet ;-)

Desmond Lamar MacRae 03-14-2015 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by cnordt24 (Post 1296958)
Wow!! Now that I've never seen.. But to be honest, that's actually not a bad setup! It looks like a generic double din dash kit with a generic Honda single din radio and storage container. Get the dash kit pulled out so you can remove the radio and it looks like you can install which ever radio you want. Leave in the storage bin for a single din radio or pull out both for a double din radio, no need to hook up a tablet ;-)

I agree should be less than one hour. Why Honda did different dashes for different markets is beyond me.

cnordt24 03-14-2015 03:26 PM

I understand some things are different between RHD/LHD, but for a completely different dash it's just silly.. I will say I'm jealous of that dash, would have made putting in my radio so much easier! Lol