Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Fit & Sirius radio questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Fit & Sirius radio questions

anybody have sirius sportster radio hooked up in their fit? I have the sportster from sirius and wonder if there is a bracket or anything that will mount the unit down by the aux jack and power?!!!

Old 07-30-2006, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
satellite radio

Has anyone installed a satellite radio in their FIT? Routing of antenna, splitter placement, Xm or Sirius better?

Old 07-30-2006, 08:58 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Old 08-26-2006, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/show...satelite+radio

maybe not what your looking for, but close.
joe

Old 08-26-2006, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
satellite antenna installation

raise the spare tire cover, and remove the lower center cover by pulling it upwards.

remove the 2 inpection covers

seat belt mount, 2 hooks, and left 2 cover push in hold downs

do not pinch the antenna wire on reassy

remove the 2 screws holding the left cover, and pull on it to unsnap it

use a wire to route the antenna lead down the left rear and out into the cabin

actual antenna position, may vary to your taste

and the lead routing into the rubber boot into the left rear panel

reverse order for assy. use fingers to roll rubber edge over panel at finish.

sorry no pictures yet of routing of antenna cable from back panel, but I hope this is useful to those who have just purchased a satellite radio, and need some help with the antenna cable routing.
joe

Old 02-22-2007, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Fit & Sirius radio

Hey all,
I just got my new Fit a couple of days ago and luv it! I have a Sirius S50 sat radio and would like to hook up using the FM modular. If your not familar, I need to get to the back of the stock FM radio on the Fit and pull the antenna plug out and plug the Sirius in thru there. Does anyone have any info on removing the stock radio on the Fit?

Old 02-22-2007, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Sure, just use this PDF to get the radio out and in. You can ignore the stuff about the Honda iPod music link.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins.../musiclink.pdf

Old 02-22-2007, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks so much for your quick reply, thats exactly what I was looking for! Have you done this???

It kind of has that "kids don't try this at home" vibe to it. Looks like a bit of a PIA. But it's do-able. It's also given me a heads up to the fact that I will need an antenna wire adaptor. It doesn't look like the standard antenna connector I'm use to seeing.

Thanks again!!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AXEL
Thanks so much for your quick reply, thats exactly what I was looking for! Have you done this???

It kind of has that "kids don't try this at home" vibe to it. Looks like a bit of a PIA. But it's do-able. It's also given me a heads up to the fact that I will need an antenna wire adaptor. It doesn't look like the standard antenna connector I'm use to seeing.

Thanks again!!
Yes I have, several times, and it is a pain in the ass but quite doable if you follow the instructions closely. The hardest part is getting the radio out once you get all the screws out. It's held in with clips and getting them to let go is a little tough. You'll think you're pulling too hard and then bam!, the thing will pop out. I lost a couple of the metal clips down the hole but I was able to fish them out with a magnet. If you do lose them, you can get some spares here:

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hond...ponent=B++1610

You'll want part #5.

Just go slow and follow the directions and you'll be fine.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
The problem now is that I will need a special antenna adaptor go from the standard Motorola to the Honda OEM DIN. OK, not such a big problem because I found the adaptor on-line. It gets worse, I called BestBuy (where I bought the Sirius radio) and spoke with the installation guy, he said they haven't had any luck using the antenna adaptors, he said you will lose about 90% of the stations with the adapotors. So it would seem that the only option is use the wireless transmission that comes with the radio (an S50) but that doesn't work that well (a lot of drift).
Has anyone hardwired a Sirius radio to a new '07 Honda??
BTY, what is the music link?

Last edited by AXEL; 02-22-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
It doesn't make any sense that you would lose "90% of the stations". The BestBuy employee might have thought you were talking about a GPS antenna. The output antenna msimply sends a direct signal through the wire to your radio. Therefore youre radio will not have a problem picking up the satellite.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Could you plug the Sirius receiver into the AUX in?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Frank Patrick
I just use the antenae from the sirrus unit- and pull the local FM sirrus staiopalys great!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Sirius FM Modulator install......

I have a Sirius radio that runs through the FM modulator and I was curious, before I went through the hassle of pulling out the radio, if I could even hook up this type of connection to the Fit or does Honda have some sort of goofy antenna cable that won't work with the FM modulator?

Old 06-06-2007, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
So the antenna adapter should work with the Sirius FM modulator? I already have the radio, had it in my Ranger so I guess all I need is the adapter and would be willing to give it a whirl. Anyone have a link where I can get the antenna adapter?

Old 06-06-2007, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
i think i accidently found my answer lol

Old 06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
So if i hook up an FM modulator to the factory radio, I'll need two antenna adapters, a male and a female correct?

This is the radio I currently have.
SIRIUS SC-FM1 Starbase Satellite radio tuner at Crutchfield.com

Old 06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Crawly,
Yes you would need two adapters. I believe you can buy them at Best Buy, or do a seach, you can get them online. There may be a problem. A Best Buy installer told me that the Fit uses a powered stock antenna. They have installed the FM modulator and found the stock AM/FM radio lost about 90% of it's channels. The good news is the Sirus radio works fine. Another problem, I talked to another Best Buy installed who told me he had problems with the antenna adapters, that they didn't excatly fit and had to be "trimed" a bit.

I've done a lot of investagation on this subject since I have a Base Fit without the Aux input and own a Sirus S50 radio. Currently I'm using the wireless transmittion from the S50 but it leaves a lot to be desired. I am waiting for a raining day to tear everything apart and get to the back of the radio. In the mean time if you do a search under Sirus adapters or Sirus Aux, you'll see there are a couple of products on the market that say they will do the same job as the Sirus FM modulator without affecting the stock radio and should match up to the plugs on the radio. They average in price from $75 to $150.

So if you do decide to open up your dash board. Be prepared for some surprizes. If you do it, post your results.

Good luck!
Axel

Old 06-08-2007, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
well the radio i have does have a line out for a direct input into the aux jack (proveded you have one) so that should work fine. Thanks for all the help guys!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
This mounts on the left side A-pillar in seconds. Then screw the Sirius mount to it and route your wires.

ProClip Mounting System - Choose Your Country

Quick Reply: Fit & Sirius radio questions