Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   I Hate Hid Kits!!! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/11990-i-hate-hid-kits.html)

quangalang 03-06-2007 10:57 PM

I Hate Hid Kits!!!

Ok im tired of the people in my town driving around with their stupid 36345K HID kits, they blind me from behind, blind me from the sides, and especially from the front. JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT FLASH THEIR HIGH BEAMS AT YOU DOES'NT MEAN THAT YOU'RE NOT BLINDING THEM!!! the people using the already using the hid kits can you please point your headlights down as much as possible, remove them or do a HID retrofit please because the glare is just killing other drivers. If you dont know what a retrofit is, or serious about HID technology then please join HiDPlanet.com :: Index and here is some info you guys should read before buying the damn kits Honda-Tech.com: Tech/Misc: REF: Automotive Lighting, Color, and You (notice the cut off line of the HID kit and the HID retrofit) and this HiDPlanet.com :: Log in
If you have joined hidplanet.com here are some threads you should see about HID kits:
HiDPlanet.com :: Log in

rcantu 03-06-2007 11:10 PM

you find any retrofits for the Fit there?

I'm doing a retrofit on my lifted truck.

quangalang 03-06-2007 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by rcantu (Post 124126)
you find any retrofits for the Fit there?

I'm doing a retrofit on my lifted truck.

yeah you can find a lot a lot of retro fit DIY's there. there's quite a few poeple that retro fit trucks like dodge rams, tacomas.. ive haven't seen one for a Titan, but i think it shouldn't be that hard.

towelie 03-13-2007 01:17 AM

i used H4 hids they pluged right in no problem

quangalang 03-14-2007 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by towelie (Post 125393)
i used H4 hids they pluged right in no problem

but your blinding people with your glare

Wave 03-14-2007 07:47 AM

Your issues solved:

1) Tint your windows.

2) Yield to the right for traffic approaching from behind.

3) Don't drive at night.

:D :D :D :p :p :p :D :D :D

Nuwin 03-14-2007 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by quangalang (Post 125638)
but your blinding people with your glare

I do not have a HID kit on my vehicle, but I have seen several vehicles with HIDs that are not blinding.

Just because a few are done "poorly" doesn't mean they all are.

I would hate the user before I hate the product. This situation seems more about user carelessness. I would say it is similar to those who drive with their high beams on at night regardless of the traffic situation. It's the user that doesn't care about the other motorists, not the lights.

fithouston 03-14-2007 11:34 AM

after having hids i will never go back if i were you buy a kit and blind some people too

fits_all 03-14-2007 11:52 AM

WORD^^^ by the way, single beam HId's are what mostly makes this blinding situation, my H4-4 (bixenon) doesnt bcuz they have a protective shield.

none 03-14-2007 01:32 PM

I find this post and others like it I have seen on other boards interesting.

The HID kit haters are quite vehement in the hate of the brightness of HID headlights.
I really do not think they can know the difference between a factory HID or aftermarket due to the severe blinding they report having, and only attribute anything looking like HID that blinds them to be aftermarket HID.

That being said I do believe most of these people have developed a habit, unknowingly, staring and being distracted at vehicle headlights approaching from the opposite direction.
I have personally observed this as a driving instructor for about 10% of my students. (for over 15 yrs)
This is dangerous enough with non HID systems but with the brighter intensity of the HID's becomes painful to these people.
Especially as the two vehicles close distance and for a brief time are within each others beam cut-off.
This is exxagerated in hilly areas.
Sure there are the occasionally bad HID conversion, but with the propensity for these individuals to stare at an oncoming light even factory systems will be equally painful.
The other haters are the ones who spout of laws about auto levelers and headlight washers (not true) as if they were fact only to offer links to websites of theirs or tie ins for HID conversions costing 800-1000 dollars.

There are many factors but the main problems are,

headlights not aimed properly upon delivery to consumer. (heck you can barley trust them to wash it right)

the nut behind the screwdriver adjusting his headlights at home with no care towards others or any real idea what he/she is doing.

the improper use of high beams! (if you see another car AT ALL your too close for high beams)

the constant use of fog lights with neither fog or rain!!?? (don't i look kool?)

KnifeEdge_2K1 03-15-2007 11:48 AM

agreed. i would expect a majority of the cases of blinding incidents to be the fault of the driver or person incharge of the installation. Though it is completely true that in theory reflectors do not mitigate glare as well as projectors, it's not fair to say that they are the only cause for it. Ive seen plenty of cars with improperly aimed headlights (halogens) which were way more distracting than aftermarket HID kitted vehicles (my friend has an altima which has a left bulb which is aimed so high that we mistook it for a highbeam malfunction unti we inspected it closer.

A properly done hid kit should not give result in excessive glare output just because the stock systems have alot of clearances and margins built into it. It is up to the user to ensure that the kit is installed correctly and the operation of which does not endanger other users of teh road.

The bad rep that kits have been recieving is entirely due to those who are ignorant and uneducated about the subject. I hold no respect for those people which hold no regard for the possible consequences of their actions.

Improperly installed HID kits, stupidly loud exhausts which do nothing other than make yourself look like a jerk off, and worst off is those idiots who think awd vehicles are ultimate grip machines and only start braking 10 meters before the stoplight even though it's clearly red and has been for a good 10 seconds completely oblivious to the fact awd does NOT help you slow down quicker.

In my mind and i'm sure there are a significant number of people who would agree with me that it is these drivers who are a the most dangerous on the road as opposed to those who commit acts such as speeding which is supposedly some heinous act and a buncha other BS.

Luichenwai 03-15-2007 12:35 PM

I have HID in both fogs and headlights. both 6000K.
I only use the fog lights when the road conditions are NOT clear. Granted with both of them on. I can see EVERYTHING on the road. But i only use the fogs in bad weather conditions. They are not ALWAYS on. On top of that. I aimed my headlights a little bit lower as well. They are below trunk level of the car in front of me when stopped in traffic.

bestfit 03-15-2007 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Luichenwai (Post 125896)
I have HID in both fogs and headlights. both 6000K.
I only use the fog lights when the road conditions are NOT clear. Granted with both of them on. I can see EVERYTHING on the road. But i only use the fogs in bad weather conditions. They are not ALWAYS on. On top of that. I aimed my headlights a little bit lower as well. They are below trunk level of the car in front of me when stopped in traffic.

can you post your HID beam pattern against your grage door?
which kits did you get and how much? was it difficult to install?

quangalang 03-15-2007 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by fithouston (Post 125669)
after having hids i will never go back if i were you buy a kit and blind some people too

naww HID kits are illegal and cops give people tickets where i live. Im gonna do an HID retrofit to my car soon, after i finish my brother's retrofit in his 04 wrx. what im doing is illegal too but at least mine will look close to stock

quangalang 03-15-2007 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by none (Post 125688)
I find this post and others like it I have seen on other boards interesting.

The HID kit haters are quite vehement in the hate of the brightness of HID headlights.
I really do not think they can know the difference between a factory HID or aftermarket due to the severe blinding they report having, and only attribute anything looking like HID that blinds them to be aftermarket HID.

i dont hate how bright they are i just hate how poorly they are designed. and i know the difference among: HID kits, HID projector,Halogen projectors and regular halogen lights. i know what cars come with stock HID projectors and which ones dont. all cars that come with HIDs now they have the projector lenses also the only factory HIDs that dont come with projectors are the the GM suv's back in like 2000. From then on ALL factory HID lighting are HID projectors

quangalang 03-15-2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1 (Post 125892)
agreed. i would expect a majority of the cases of blinding incidents to be the fault of the driver or person incharge of the installation. Though it is completely true that in theory reflectors do not mitigate glare as well as projectors, it's not fair to say that they are the only cause for it. Ive seen plenty of cars with improperly aimed headlights (halogens) which were way more distracting than aftermarket HID kitted vehicles (my friend has an altima which has a left bulb which is aimed so high that we mistook it for a highbeam malfunction unti we inspected it closer.

A properly done hid kit should not give result in excessive glare output just because the stock systems have alot of clearances and margins built into it. It is up to the user to ensure that the kit is installed correctly and the operation of which does not endanger other users of teh road.

The bad rep that kits have been recieving is entirely due to those who are ignorant and uneducated about the subject. I hold no respect for those people which hold no regard for the possible consequences of their actions.

Improperly installed HID kits, stupidly loud exhausts which do nothing other than make yourself look like a jerk off, and worst off is those idiots who think awd vehicles are ultimate grip machines and only start braking 10 meters before the stoplight even though it's clearly red and has been for a good 10 seconds completely oblivious to the fact awd does NOT help you slow down quicker.

In my mind and i'm sure there are a significant number of people who would agree with me that it is these drivers who are a the most dangerous on the road as opposed to those who commit acts such as speeding which is supposedly some heinous act and a buncha other BS.

dont even get me started on crooked halogen bulbs, my friend's headlight is broken so his bulb is just barely in his headlight and it points up, man it drives me crazy i refuse to drive behind him cause he blinds me through the mirrors.
How do you not install an HID kit properly? its just an hid bulb debased on to an H4 base, it just pops right on. what you guys dont know is that your reflector housing of your headlight is a big reflecting parabola with the focus point at the center of the H4 bulb. If you guys knew about geometry, you'd know that the focus point is critical to how the reflector works. So when you guys change to HID bulbs you are also changing that focus point just slightly, and that is pretty much what causes your glare.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...88/neonhid.jpg
Notice how the HID kit's cutoff line goes up to 1/4 of the garage door, but the glare covers almost HALF of the door. but on the retrofitted headlight there is absolutely no light above the cutoff line.
Also in the they are using an 8000K hid kit but on the retrofitted headlight they only have a 4300k bulb but you can see so much more with the 4300k.
My point is, to get the full potential of HID technology, you should use the projector lenses.

SD-FIT 04-01-2007 01:51 PM

i got a 12k HID kit and its horrible heres some pics , i already got a ticket for them too so there not going back in any time soon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...h/CIMG0917.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...h/CIMG0923.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...h/CIMG0918.jpg

sirhc 04-01-2007 03:26 PM

^^^ damn dats da coolest hid mang... i see alot of stock HIDs on luxury cars n SUVs, i dont know how the cops say its illegal
ya, the glare is blindin n its true its annoyin havin somebdy tail u with HIDs but wen in da darkest place drivin its da best! u can see everythin better, buuttt in city drivin its totally different its blindin plus wen ur on da opposite way drivin damn... i have 6k hid xenons and i love it! but i hate wen im on da receivin side of the blindin glare...soooo i am in the middle i hate it but love it...lol im confused damn i dnt think i make sense hahahaah

gimme 04-02-2007 01:07 AM

not to sound like an ass. but, how many californians that you SEE with the glaring HID's on the road, are you actually reaching by bitching in here.

SD-FIT 04-04-2007 02:00 PM

to tell u the truth i got a ticket for mine and there gunna go back on right after i get ticket fixed